The hiding from an alien in a locker thread
  • @smang
    Spoiler:
  • @tempy 
    Spoiler:
    @n0face, yeah, i try to refer to 'it' but i slipped up there.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cattle prod? The kill me now stick.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I really like the build up to meeting
    Spoiler:
  • Spoilers pleez.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cattle prod is good for playing knock down ginger with the androids!
  • I think I used more ammo on the Working Joes than I did in any other survival horror game on all the enemies combined. Those fuckers are creepy.
  • So that's the medical area done. That was horrible.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Horrible in a great way.
  • Kow wrote:
    Horrible in a great way.

Certainly. Alien was just letting me think I'd got away. It then tore a locker open in the next section and ate me.
  • i remember once, crawling through a tunnel, and Ripley wouldn't go any further. so i turned around and the alien was holding onto her ankle... shit me up proper.
  • I was so dissapointed I didn't get attacked in a vent in my playthrough
  • It's an aces game but I really hope it's over soon. It's just too much for my heart. Still taking this bloody medi kit to someone I can't remember. Can only ever put in an hour or so at a time.
  • Finished. Thank god. 
    I think I enjoyed it. I'm not sure....
    I did get sick of the constant mission creep. Most games suffer from it and it's getting tiresome. 
    Atmosphere was good, graphics and styling were excellent throughout. 

It does get easier after you get a certain item but if you weren't given it I would actually have stopped playing at some point, as random alien got a little annoying at times.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Agree on your last point. Flamethrower is a beacon of confidence.
  • Until you over use it
  • One way around that issue for the devs would've been for them to change the aliens tactics up when you get the flamethrower. Like it's learnt and it's more weary.  
    I.e. Less patrolling around and more dropping from the ceilings and dashing at you when you back is turned out something. 
    Somebody needs to employ me to sort their games out. 
    HIRE THE GAME WHISPERER NOW

Edit
    Also to make the game good tier they needed both the alien and Ripley to be able to traverse scenery when running. The alien needed to be less plodding and more parkour.
  • i found its behaviour did change once i got it, it became far more afraid of the sight of fire, to the point i didn't even have to fire the flamethrower - just ready it. also i think the more you use it the less effective it becomes, it starts to take more bursts to make him scarper for a vent.

molotov always gives you the most time, and makes it run for the hills immediately. just beware of splashback...

if you hear or see the alien above you in a vent, you can fire a bit of fire up there to make it run away, usually gives you breathing time in that area.

agree with you on the parkour, i did realise about halfway that the alien never crawls up a a wall or ceiling. probably some limitations on the games design there.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Lots of people mention the lack of wall crawling and personally I think it'd just look stupid. In most areas the ceilings are too low to give it any real purpose. That's what the vents are for. As a predator why would you expend more energy clinging to a wall or ceiling when it makes you more noticeable?

And he dribbles like an infant.
  • Not so much running on ceilings or walls but it would be nice for it to have disregarded obstacles, it pathfinds/runs at you in a very human way instead of doing what an alien would and scampering over things etc…
    Also you need to walk into a dark room and see the thing uncoil from the floor/from a pile of junk or what you thought was a shadow suddenly stretches and comes to life.
  • yeah the Alien definitely has respect for the furniture. one of those things that once you notice, it kinda irks.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'd enjoy seeing it try to leap through reinforced glass and fail.
  • Well this is quite interesting. A glimpse from the GDC of what A:I looked like when it was originally going to be a 3rd person game...

I think they made the right decision switching to 1st person, but this is an intriguing prospect nevertheless.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • i kinda want this...

would buy the DLC, lulz
  • Code most probably still in there.
  • Just type: down, down, right, right, left, left up, up, A, B,A,B and you get it. Ripley is nude as well.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    She's only nude in NG+ if you finish it without dying or being hit once.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • seeing as i am netless at home i should probably dive into some of the dlc. that forage mode sounded kinda interesting.

i'll report back if i can be bothered.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gonna play this week after next when I'm dog sitting for a week. Place has surround sound system so time to get shit scared.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!