Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It could also lead to aggressive stockpiling over the next three weeks...
  • Everyone's list would be way longer if they included literally every game they've ever downloaded or bought but not played, wouldn't it? I just included the ones I realistically would like to play that I have.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    500%

I’ve not included roguelikes, all the ps plus or free epic games, the huge games I’ll never finish like RDR2, dread to think what the real list looks like.
  • Must go back and finish Faxandu on nes!
  • I mean if you bought it it belongs on a pile of shame.
  • Nah, if you bought it but can't really be arsed to play it and don't give af if you ever do, no shame.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Pile of Regret, maybe?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I guess all the games I've bought (physically or non-sub download) I've had the intention of playing...
  • I don't include games that I've bought and tried but have no intention of going back to. It may come as a shock to some, but occasionally the tasty looking 99p EShop games aren't very good.

Then there's stuff I've paid a bit more for that didn't quite do it for me - 20XX has dropped off my list because of the rogue structure, even though the moment to moment gameplay was legit. The sequel has a fixed arcade mode, so that'll be mine at some point. Ganryu 2 runs like treacle on Switch, so that's dead to me too. Lacuna sounded great but wasn't my thing. Ghostrunner got binned on Switch too (doofus purchase). Darkwood was too dull (@DS). Mercenary Kings is great but structurally fucked, I'm not playing 20hrs of that to get to the credits. Valkyria Chronicles didn't quite do it for me either (not an indie but I just spotted it while scrolling through my games).

And so on. No regrets with my indie misses really, 90% of it was bought in sales anyway and experimentation works for me for the most part (see the 52 games thread over the years). My digital dead zone wastage over the years only adds up to the price of one or two visits to a snazzy restaurant. My unfinished physical purchases do annoy me though, because they usually cost a lot more to buy. Shrinkwrapped ones haunt my dreams.

Edit: maybe I'll try Triangle Strategy next year.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Im genuinely chipping away at the shame. I've got Spiderman 2 and LAD Gaiden to break and then it's the last bit of LIVEALIVE and I can Infinite Wealth and FF REBIRTH (the big one) without impunity
  • Alan Wake 2 added to the pile of joy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Scenes!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Alan Wake 2 added to the pile of joy.

I’m counting on this popping up in the Christmas psn sales and then I’m in over the break.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I don't include games that I've bought and tried but have no intention of going back to. It may come as a shock to some, but occasionally the tasty looking 99p EShop games aren't very good.

Then there's stuff I've paid a bit more for that didn't quite do it for me - 20XX has dropped off my list because of the rogue structure, even though the moment to moment gameplay was legit. The sequel has a fixed arcade mode, so that'll be mine at some point. Ganryu 2 runs like treacle on Switch, so that's dead to me too. Lacuna sounded great but wasn't my thing. Ghostrunner got binned on Switch too (doofus purchase). Darkwood was too dull (@DS). Mercenary Kings is great but structurally fucked, I'm not playing 20hrs of that to get to the credits. Valkyria Chronicles didn't quite do it for me either (not an indie but I just spotted it while scrolling through my games).

And so on. No regrets with my indie misses really, 90% of it was bought in sales anyway and experimentation works for me for the most part (see the 52 games thread over the years). My digital dead zone wastage over the years only adds up to the price of one or two visits to a snazzy restaurant. My unfinished physical purchases do annoy me though, because they usually cost a lot more to buy. Shrinkwrapped ones haunt my dreams.

Edit: maybe I'll try Triangle Strategy next year.

Triangle Strategy is good, but I got quite far and then stopped plating for some reason a while ago, so I'm at that position where I've probably forgotten so much of the mechanics and story of the game it's impossible to go back to it. I think all games should have a mandatory quick recap option or something.
  • I'll either go back to Fire Emblem: Engage or try Triangle Strategy early next year I think.  I'm only in it for the grid tactics though - I got maybe 4hrs into FE but I was already skipping the story bits.  JRPG cut-scenes are my kryptonite these days.  Amnesia! 1000 year slumbers!  Poorly concealed bewbs!  I hate it.  I'm still chasing that Shining Force 2 high (loved Awakening though)
  • The depth of tactics in Triangle Strategy is superb, really. I tried Octopath traveller and it is very shallow by comparison. The voice acting/plot in TS is surprisingly bearable for a JRPG. And entirely skippable! I've been tempted by Diofield Chronicle but the real time aspect puts me off. Maybe if I ever see it dip below £15 I will get it.
  • Another thing I don't really like is deep tactics tbh.  Shallow tactics are much more my thing because I can autopilot through once I've got the basics down (then it becomes one of the few genres I can play for extended sessions).  Shining Force, Ghost Recon on 3DS, Skulls of the Shogun, Mario Rabbids, Gears Tactics.  All big faves.  Mutant Year Zero to an extent, although that had problems.  I'd count Steamworld Heist here too.  If it gets too intricate I'm out.

I read up on Triangle Strategy so I knew what I was getting myself in for.  I just changed my mind when the game dropped on the doormat.
  • Did you play the Mario & Luigi games on the DS? They were great RPG/strategy-lites.
  • I got maybe 8hrs into the first one which I really enjoyed but I was drifting away from most games at that time.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My Switch physical pile o’ shame is definitely quite bad at this point. Might try to blast through some of the shorter ones over Christmas.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • There was 6 games on sale in my Switch wish list last night. Instead of compulsive purchases I deleted them from my list.

My pile is ridiculous now, I'm probably at a stage of not needing to buy a game for the foreseeable future. A PS5 purchase is a long way off for me.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • My watch list needs trimming. There's plenty of stuff I've earmarked that often see big discounts but I ignore them anyway. So realistically I'll never bother. Even my pre-POS is too big, there's probably 100 games on there.
  • How about a console pile of shame?

- I was gifted a 360, which I think I got about 5 hour's of use from.
     - I won a Wii in a raffle, spent a great deal of time hacking it and loading it up with emulators, then never touched it again.
     - I bought a Series X 3.5 years ago and only the boy touches it (and even he doesn't now he's got a PS5).

I'll do a pile of shame list for my Switch tonight (spoiler alert, it's 99% of the games I bought for it).
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • I've got a Dreamcast I have never played on.  And a Saturn I used once.  Does that count?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've got a SNES that I once pretended I'd shat on by placing a melted Mars Bar on top for a photo.
  • You really are so weird.
  • I'm taking the trace of affection as proof Elf loves me more than Muzzy :)
  • I didn't say weird is bad, so yeah :)

Muzzy is at the absolute bottom, don't worry about that.  He always will be until he stops being such a Cunt and Idiot.
  • Muzzy: Where quality and enjoyment perfectly correlate at the bottom.  Wait.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Rest assured these feelings are full reciprocated <3

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!