BEAR-STOCK
  • My wife actually won't be there, she's staying up north for family stuff until the end of that week.  I'm coming down earlier to split the time between both families because I only have a limited amount of time of, unfortunately.
  • That's a shame, but OK then.

Tempy, I thrust a beer on you when we went back to Reg's flat.  You advised me that you didn't like beer and then pretended to drink some so I would leave you alone.
  • I'll come on the 14th, might well pop along on the 8th or 9th as well, to get my Reg fix.
  • If Edinburgh was closer I'd just nip up, but it isn't. Sigh.

I remember that now Unlikely. You made the wise call Denis to NOT PLAY GAMES. Except the game of hide alcohol in Reg and wreck the Mexican place.
  • Tempy, 'tis a mere £100 on the train and 4 hours or so, you could easily pop up.  That's probably less than the petrol from Aberdeen will cost me now.
  • A mere £100! + Drinking and stuff. Can't afford it the same month as Latitude AND my Brother and my Dad's Birthdays. Pipe dream though, eh? (PS £100 is an eleventh of what I earn per month and around fifth of what I have left after everything goes out in a usual month. 

Still, if I win some dolla...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    I'll come on the 14th, might well pop along on the 8th or 9th as well, to get my Reg fix.

Yas. Love you Kaz.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I thought we had something Temps.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I thought we had something Temps.

We do but not over a third of my money for a day ;_;
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    £108 returns have been spied, tempting, any proper cheep sleeping spots, am I right in thinking Waverley is town centre, does Google Translate work
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Waverley is indeed town centre.  Check laterooms for cheap digs (although they may not be cheap).
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What time -ish you guys meeting Saturday, would be cheaper not to need two nights. Just recalled a metal as fuck chick who I believe is in the 'burgh nowadays, may attempt to blag sofa. Will likely require a scouts honour promise of no rape
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Around midday on Saturday is good to aim for - lets people have a drink while we gather then we can go for lunch.  Unless anyone minds terribly I'm going to suggest somewhere like the Barony for the initial gathering, as it's easy to find and normally reasonably quiet at that time, so we can hopefully get one of the big tables to wait for folk. 

I am, however, totally open to alternative suggestions.  I only know bits and pieces of Edinburgh.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cocko da ladeez choice
  • I do not trust this man's 'scouts honour'
  • Also Elm has gone some way to convincing me. Hrmm.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd suggest you probably go down to the Cambridge bar for lunch because their burgers are utterly great. If that's so, you might want to meet somewhere near Rose St (right next to Waverley) and work your way down.
  • Suggestion appreciated.   I think we should do the Rose Street challenge this time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Also Elm has gone some way to convincing me. Hrmm.

What if I said a bed at Chez Reg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Suggestion appreciated.   I think we should do the Rose Street challenge this time.

Couple of recommendations as to where to start. I actually like the AllBarOne on George St (again, right next to Waverley) and it's a nice 'respectable' place to begin. There's also a HUGE Wetherspoons that stretches from George St to a Rose St entrance, so you can go in one side and come out the other. Elm, Temps, Kaz and Frosty have all been there with me before. 

There's also the Black Rose Tavern for the jukebox, Unlikely.

You won't really get a bad place on Rose St but you may get some surprisingly pricey ones.
  • 57 new replies? What have I missed?
  • A heinzworth of comments.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Also Elm has gone some way to convincing me. Hrmm.

I could be Tempted. But I don't like the idea of imposing. I'm just thinking, Latitude makes the weekend impossible, but after September I'll be on my Access Course and not working fulltime. I might need one last hurrah.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I could be Tempted.
    Is that your former self?
  • I still haven't bought my tickets for this, it's quite expensive at the mo, looking like I will need nearly £250 for the whole weekend... Gonna have to see how big this paycheck is in a few days :-(

I might be bringing a +1 as well, or is it just guys only? Is there gonna be any other females?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I will wear a dress if it helps.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:

Can I have one too?

Edit: quite seriously, if it's available.  I'm currently looking at taxis back to mum & dad's, or the last train.
  • I still haven't bought my tickets for this, it's quite expensive at the mo, looking like I will need nearly £250 for the whole weekend... Gonna have to see how big this paycheck is in a few days :-( I might be bringing a +1 as well, or is it just guys only? Is there gonna be any other females?

Mrs Gav is coming.  My darling wife may or may not have the chance to come, but will probably be in Aberdeen.
  • When is this happening?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!