#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Give me Final Fantasy XII. Give me Skies of Arcadia. Give me Dark Chronicle.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah, HD FFXII would be the tits. They just need to get rid of Vaan or make him just a bit part.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    New blade runner game please.
  • Yas-absolutely (the oft rumoured) Skies HD. Also vita port Sega por favor.
  • I sold my copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends a few months ago so I'd happily pick up a rerelease. If they let us skip battle animations I'll buy it in a heartbeat, in fact.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked up Monkey Ball Banana Blitz yesterday (£4!!). I can't see what some reviewers were complaining about re the control. It seems fine to me. Pretty responsive.

No manual in the box though which grates with me.....

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • When's the HD remake of Destiny coming out on the Xbox One?
  • Patch time!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK wrote:
    Picked up Monkey Ball Banana Blitz yesterday (£4!!). I can't see what some reviewers were complaining about re the control. It seems fine to me. Pretty responsive. No manual in the box though which grates with me.....

Huzzah! Glad you're enjoying it, I too had no problems with the controls, and you're soon using them like a Pro anyway. You can make some pretty sneaky shortcuts across the levels with the jump, and the more you play the game the better you get at controlling the jump physics to your benefit.

Shame they went for quantity over quality with the minigames, though. Real missed opportunity there.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah - hard to know where to start with the mini-games. The ones I have tried are OK but they are standard Wii fodder with the SMB skin.

In the main game some youtube playthroughs show the jump can be used quite a bit for shortcuts so there's fun to be had. The way experts play the originals they are rarely on the track anyhow.

• Stuff in dire need of a reboot:

Dino Crisis
    Jurassic Park meets survival horror. Could be potentially groundbreaking with current 3d/vr tech.

Final Fight/ Streets of Rage
    An update in 3d is in order. Fighting engine could/should take cues from Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden? Gfx must retain the look and feel of the original designs ie cell shading is a must.

Jet Set Radio/Future
    A reboot with an open world city type design, elaborate tricks and deep combo system including boards and skates, more  gangs to battle and of course more graffiti to scribble all accompanied to a wacky eclectic soundtrack. Yes, I know the originals sold poorly but I still think the ip has potential to be far more than just 'cult'.

Metroid (Prime) X
    A proper open world planet hopping adventure. Complete with wildlife that can be aggressive when disturbed.

Capcom vs SNK 3
    Because it just makes sense.
  • Vagrant Story
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Uno
  • Vagrant Story is an excellent shout out!
    Not sure how well G-police has aged.

Bubble Bobble and Uno could use a switch update.

Other possible updates
    Darkstalkers
    Classic beat'em up design with the sf4 or sf5 engine.

Samurai Shodown
    Not sure how competent snk is these days but in the right hands a 3d remake would be killer.
  • I would love another Dino Crisis.

For Jest Set Radio see Hover: Revolt of Gamers on PC (god awful name).

Final Fight, Streets of rage I would rather see left alone. There was that SoR4 fan game and I think another one that remixed levels, I would rather have those officially released.
  • Aye, the genre has moved on so much that the likes of FF and SoR would be dull. Hell, I got bored of them while they were still around. If they were updated to play more like the brawlers we have nowadays, they would'nt be the same game at all.
  • Fuck a remake. There's nowt wrong with most of the games anyway, I'd rather see some new games than more fucking remakes, remasters and re-releases.

Sequels yeah no problem with that (Mmmmmmmetroidprime).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well G-Police is unplayable now, and the graphics are ropey as fuck. I'd love a modern update in a Blade Runner/Fifth Element style cluttered urban sprawl. No day/night cycle either, only night time sorties to show off the neon, rain and steam. Yes please.
  • A Blade Runner action adventure would be awesome. Day night cycle would be interesting for variation in gameplay, visuals and fx.

A 3d beat 'm up update could work as long as devs don't ignore recent developments in game structure and gameplay mechanics. Cues could be taken from the likes of Ninja gaiden, Dark Souls and For Honor. Make the gameplay system deep enough and it will work.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    A Blade Runner action adventure would be awesome. Day night cycle would be interesting for variation in gameplay, visuals and fx.

Every game has that now though, and it doesn't suit the narrative in most cases. This urgent thing needs doing or the bad thing happens only I got distracted and three in game days passed but it's OK urgent thing will wait for me to finish clarting about.

I like the idea of an eight hour adventure set in one night where you start your regular G-Policing shift at sunset and finish the game with a cigar at sunrise. Like the last Dredd film, a self contained bust on one crime organisation, not a globe spanning epic.
  • G-Police is a great shout. No need for a day/night cycle as Paul says. You just work the night shift, when the cartels and mafia and other crime syndicates are all at work, fuck the day, poxy sunbathed pish.

I played the PSX demo of G-Police more than I played some games I'd bought. In a similar vein, V-2000 remake please.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's already been mentioned above but Dino Crisis could absolutely do with a Resident 7 style reboot. Keep it enclosed, keep it tight, keep it 6-8 hours. And have a Jurassic Park "I think we're back in business" moment.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Aye, the genre has moved on so much that the likes of FF and SoR would be dull. Hell, I got bored of them while they were still around. If they were updated to play more like the brawlers we have nowadays, they would'nt be the same game at all.

I think sor2 did that style of game just about as well as could 've been done beyond graphics improving. Maybe a dodge action could be introduced for max combos but it's pretty solid and I still bust it out. I can't think of another 2d brawler that has aged as well. Final fight, turtles etc. Are all too limited.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Aye, the genre has moved on so much that the likes of FF and SoR would be dull. Hell, I got bored of them while they were still around. If they were updated to play more like the brawlers we have nowadays, they would'nt be the same game at all.

I think sor2 did that style of game just about as well as could 've been done beyond graphics improving. Maybe a dodge action could be introduced for max combos but it's pretty solid and I still bust it out. I can't think of another 2d brawler that has aged as well. Final fight, turtles etc. Are all too limited.

I think the soundtrack helps too.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A scrolling brawler would require versus-fighter-lite controls now. Add in a bit of platforming and it would be an interesting proposition.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well G-Police is unplayable now, and the graphics are ropey as fuck. I'd love a modern update in a Blade Runner/Fifth Element style cluttered urban sprawl. No day/night cycle either, only night time sorties to show off the neon, rain and steam. Yes please.

The Blade Runner game Westwood made is meant to be some lost gaming mastapeece of noir adventure gaming. They lost the source code so it's never getting re-released. Half a dozen ish different cases and which character was the replicant changed each time you started a new game.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The wimps should reverse engineer the assembly of the game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:

The Blade Runner game Westwood made is meant to be some lost gaming mastapeece of noir adventure gaming. They lost the source code so it's never getting re-released. Half a dozen ish different cases and which character was the replicant changed each time you started a new game.

I remember that at the time, seemed interesting.

I actually edited my above post to take out a load of the same tired old Nemesis System shite I usually spout as it became too long and rambling. But the crux of it was like the idea behind Blade Runner there, random crimes by random mobs, different cases, locations and perps every time you play it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!