Current Affairs
  • In 20 years time, of this works, academics will be writing up theories about the effectiveness of "unpredictable" US foreign policy. Ie praising trump. Just saying.
  • Yeah now I'm less chuffed.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Moon has kind of fucked Trump though, he'll have to tone down his bullshit if he wants to photobomb the celebratory photos.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    In 20 years time, of this works, academics will be writing up theories about the effectiveness of "unpredictable" US foreign policy. Ie praising trump. Just saying.

Only if it comes to owt (which hopefully it will, but I'm sceptical of N. Korea's real motives).
  • In the unlikely event his policies bring about positive change fuck it, I can live with that. Churchill was a racist after all but the world is a better place for him being where he was.

SFV - reddave360
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What's Trump going to claim? He frightened Kim into making peace with the south?
  • Probably. Baseless noise is what he does.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a pity we have to worry that good things will happen in case Trump takes credit.
  • ABBA Renunified
    Korea on the path to Reunification

Ireland: "6 counties when?"

kv271oa3ciu01.jpg
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Renunified sounds interesting.
  • Tempy wrote:
    As if the whole Alfie Evans case couldn't get more depressing, big old Nigel Farage has opened his shit sluice on Fox news to give his perfectly qualified opinion on how the Doctor's suggestion is state sponsored euthanasia. I wish he'd fucking died in that plane crash.

Kid has died now. Frankly I think it's for the best. He was never going to ever improve. This 'treatment' he was supposedly going to get in Italy was a sham. It's led to the staff at Alder Hey, who do an amazing job that 90% of us couldn't face being subjected to vile abuse, as well as parents of other sick kids being terrified by the mob at the front door.

It's heartbreaking, but his parents shouldn't have been fed false hope, and needed to accept he was gone a long time ago.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I can't lay any blame at the feet of the parents. It's an impossible situation to be in, but like you say, they shouldn't have been fed false hope. It's the charlatans trying to sell snake oil that are to blame.
  • I agree with all of that. My friend who has been training for a doctor for the past 5 years (she failed her exam by a few points so needs a resit) has been following it closely as she wants to be a paediatrician.

She unwisely weighed in and debated people on twitter and they've all just chowed done on mountains of bullshit re: the vatican hospital. Which is why it makes me so angry that shitheads like Farage are given equal airtime to people who know what the fuck they're talking about. Par for the course at Fox, but it boils my blood.
  • I understand the parent's point of view and the have huge empathy for them.
    However this is why we have doctors making these decisions, the idea the parent's know what is right for their child in this case is wrong.

I caught an interview with a senior doctor a little while back on this. He said Alfie should be taken off life support but admitted if it was his child he may well disagree, but that is what doctors are there for.

In general in our society I think we under value quality of life in comparison to length of life.
  • There was a very good article by a doctor who had been on both sides of the scenario in the independent, and she confirmed that whilst she has had to pass incredibly tough decisions in the past, all of that flew out the window when it was her son. Really the biggest issue was all the fucking idiots speaking half truths on the press, people going on This Morning and getting shouted at by people who haven't got a clue.
  • This potential merger between asda and sainsburys isnt going to end well for the customers. Sainsburys in my area is horrifically expensive and we go further out to asda to do our weekly food shop.

Also at some point they will have to merge prices and brands. I can see customers voting with their wallets and spending their casg in aldi, lidl and morrisons etc.
  • They will probably keep the separate brands as they appeal to different demographics but the own brand stuff will align more as they start to combine contracts with the same suppliers. May effect price but probably more likely the customer will pay more for the exact same thing in Sainsburys as Asda, just with different artwork in the packaging.
    This already happens with branded and own brand where it can actually come from the same supplier. I found out when doing a job for John West that the supermarket brands get first dibs on tuna and what is left goes in a John West branded can.
  • That's interesting.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I used to work in a fish factory for a summer. All the supermarket stuff was identical, we'd get all the same stuff coming down the line and every now and then the cardboard sleeves would change.. except for M&S who had much much higher standards, and did weekly inspections.
  • That’s also interesting.
  • It's not some great scandal but I don't think it is a side of things many consumers really consider.
    One of my client's clients deal in precooked meat, most here will probably have never heard of them but they provide sandwich meats, sausage rolls, ready meals to most supermarkets and they will be store branded, uniquely branded and even branded as cook at home options for chain restaurants.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wasn't there an advertising campaign by a breakfast cereal producer a few years ago where they made a thing of the fact they didn't make cereals for anyone else?
  • McCain make the (frozen) chips for Nandos.
  • And here's John with the sport.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • That moderate rebels pod is great. Listened to a long ep about Yemen. Very handy.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Amber Rudd again.
    Denied there were targets, there are targets.
    Denied knowledge, she received a memo.
    Denied she saw the memo, she was told to her face.

I wouldn't have called for her to quit at first but I don't see how she can stay now. She is either incompetent or a liar, probably both.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You can't expect ministers to remember every single little detail of their jobs. They're only human. Long live queen amber.
  • After a forty-two year manhunt, American police believe they have finally caught The Golden State Killer.
    Accused-Golden-State-Killer-Appears-in-Court.jpg

Quite a tale this. 72 year old man accused of being notorious perpetrator of at least a dozen murders and scores of rapes throughout California in the 1970s/80s.
    Turns out he was a former police officer, and was finally caught by one of the policemen who worked the case for twenty-four years before recently retiring.
    The retired officer, Paul Holes, used a public genealogy website that utilises DNA samples to help people working on family trees track down lost relatives, to find a match with primitive DNA samples from rape kits that had been stored for decades after the crimes were committed. 
    Miraculously, this strategy worked, and the net closed on this c**t.

Deep Dive 1

Deep Dive 2

Deep Dive 3

It's quite a tale. Hopefully they've got their man.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There was also something to do with the comedian Patton Oswalt’s late wife - who wrote a book naming the killer?
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!