Current Affairs
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think people here are operating under the assumption that Assange will get the full shabang, after all Pompeo has declared war on what he described as a non-state intelligence agency. Some other people - particularly in the media - are going by the "he'll only do 5 years tops because he was charged with aiding and abetting a hack" The same people who thought talk of extradition to the US was laughable conspiracist nonsense. Check out the article I linked for an example.
    Yeah, fair enough. As I say, I haven't been keeping across this particularly.

I am interested to know what charges he will face, I think it's hard to know the import of this situation before we do. If the US are planning to hammer him on technicalities like the hacking and then blow them up into some sort of treason or whatever charges, that's one thing, if the publication becomes an issue, then it takes on a different complexion, AFAIC.

I'm not saying that Assange should be charged with spying, or even necessarily be extradited, just that until and unless these charges are clear, it's hard to come to too many conclusions, for me at least.
  • Sargon of akkad is running for ukip somewhere in UK.

Wtf guys.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Hahahahahahahahahaha. 

Quick someone get Shaun to run in the same borough!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I didn't know who Shaun was until this post made me look him up. And now I say cheers and thanks
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've been hammering Shaun thanks to various folks here.

Natalie Wynn, three arrows too.

Godsends all.

Philosophy tube has a new peterson video too.

Fighting the good fight.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yo Philosophy tube about to receive a copyright strike from contrapoints for his latest video lmao.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Philosophy Tube is good content, but my god the guy irritates me. Such a smarmy looking person, no? And he does this talking-out-the-side-of-his-mouth thing with a really, again, smarmy look on his face.

Good content though :)
  • Can’t fault people for wanting to grow as creators but I feel the same. The singing, the performance? the costumes. I preferr it when he just talks straight.
  • I feel like this last video shows he might be getting a little big for his boots. Gonna have to send Stormzy round for a chat. I don't mind his ego coming across per se, but the full contra theatrics was a bridge too far. You aint contra fam, return to your lane asap.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Sargon of akkad is running for ukip somewhere in UK. Wtf guys.

Both of the current UKIP MEP's for that region quit because of the lurch to the right that included embracing this prick.
  • This kind of crap makes me really dislike proportional representation.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Sargon of akkad is running for ukip somewhere in UK. Wtf guys.

Both of the current UKIP MEP's for that region quit because of the lurch to the right that included embracing this prick.

I've never watched his videos but I had no idea he was that bad. Says a lot when UKIP thinks you're a bit much.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think you’ll find he’s a CLASSIC LIBERAL
  • Tempy wrote:
    I think you’ll find he’s a CLASSIC LIBERAL

All these labels have lost all meaning of late so I'm not sure if sarcasm, defence or condemnation.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Classical liberal is the rallying cry of the alt-right racist.
  • Sounds like something a cuck communist would say
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Classical liberal is the rallying cry of the alt-right racist.

Further research (ie a quick google) led me down a path of hellish you tubers from both sides of the divide. A rabbit hole I don't want to go down. I remember seeing a funny science put down video by thunderbolt a few years back which led to being exposed to a range of YouTube based characters. Not again please.
    SFV - reddave360
  • YouTube and it’s internal ecosystem is a spiral of rancidity. Even the nice ones are weird because they need the shitheads to exist for their meaning.
  • YouTube and it’s internal ecosystem is a spiral of rancidity. Even the nice ones are weird because they need the shitheads to exist for their meaning.

I like ellie v. She does good Lego.

SFV - reddave360
  • Who is Britain's AOC at this point? Do we even have one?
  • Claudia Winkleman
  • Brooks wrote:
    Who is Britain's AOC at this point? Do we even have one?

I’d rather a coalition of a sort rather than some inevitable milkshake duck. Look what happened to Trudeau even though he wore cool socks and shook trumps hand hard and talked about marijuana...

Alternatively as soon as an individual does something based on their own instinct or pragmatism the hair trigger wolves will ruin them.
  • Daily Mail headline today - basically calling Labour rapist supporters.
    We knew it was going to happen and...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5usm9x

Watched this documentary on the allegations vs assange and, well. See for yourself.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can you give us the tldw version?
  • Not really, no.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Basically Assange gets put on a higher wanted level than Gaddafi by interpol.

Assange agrees to have consensual sex with two different women, but one had some concerns that he didn't use a condom.

Swedish police fuck up (deliberately?) by misinterpreting what is being asked of them when the two women ask them if they can enforce taking an sti test on Assange if he refuses and decide they have grounds for charging him with molestation and rape. One if the women becomes distraught at this, refuses to answer any further questions and won't even sign her statement up that point.

Swedish prosecutor later ruled the rape charge can be dropped and Assange can leave Sweden. So he does.

Sweden then decide oh no actually you definitely done a rape, pls come back here for questioning. P.s. we arrested you in absentia, apparently that's a thing in Sweden lmao.

Meanwhile someone finds out there is a grand jury being convened in America to sit on a case of espionage even though America keeps saying they aren't interested and only want him on minor charges.

Then people who know Assange start getting confronted by people claiming to be homeland security but are actually FBI when pressed to show ID, who are trying to put the shits up people to get them to mole for them. Laughably they give non FBI email addressesand don't give their full names as they are shit scared the people they are trying to intimidate might be part of anonymous.

Julian Assange fucks off to the embassy.

Finally it is revealed Sweden has prior history of being a US lackey in matters such as these when in the 2000s there was a publicised case where the US orchestrated the extradition of two swedish citizens out of the country, to the middle east, for questioning in circumstances that would later be lambasted by the UN for breaking petty much every civil and human right there is.

If this documentary is accurate, and I suppose it is pro Assange but they do make efforts to talk to people on both sides, then the whole thing stinks of the US taking the first possible opportunity it had to get Assange. It is implied that the police were possibly waiting for any excuse, but they do not mention anything about the one woman that didn't refuse to sign her statement being possibly coerced or a plant or whatever.
  • Its easier to just watch the thing tbh, its 45 minutes.
  • I thought that was just the generally accepted narrative by non-idiots

Where is the bit where he rubs shit up the walls, literally?
    Worst comedy since Epic Movie. Would consider watching [2]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!