Current Affairs
  • To direct anger almost purely at May seems silly. The pompous rage displayed by BBC interview woman yesterday was ridiculous journalism.
    Nah, I watched all of that interview with May on Newsnight last night, and what she clearly hoped would be damage limitation turned into a complete train wreck. She wouldn't answer any of the questions, and did that classic May thing of just endlessly repeating the pre-prepared spiel. It was embarrassing.

What should be noted that this interview was set up by May. The BBC were informed at very short notice that Theresa May would be arriving shortly to be interviewed about the fire and use that interview as a platform to announce the governments 5 million pound fund. It was made clear that this would be the only interview she'd be doing on the subject and that there would be no press conference.

That's just fucking pathetic. Emily Matliss gave her both barrels in the interview, and that was frankly no more than she deserved considering the mess she's made of her response to this tragedy.

She's just a career politician. She has no leadership qualities whatsoever, and boy has she been found out this summer.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It is duckng disgusting.
    The Telegraph
    "what if she was heckled by the protestors?"

Then she stands there and she takes it on the chin.
    Oh boo hoo can't upset the fragile Mrs May. Cunts the lot of them
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    To direct anger almost purely at May seems silly. The pompous rage displayed by BBC interview woman yesterday was ridiculous journalism.

No... But you kick the trunk, to shake the branches.

Gavin Barwell should really be catching much of this. But it goes beyond him too.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • It is duckng disgusting. The Telegraph "what if she was heckled by the protestors?" Then she stands there and she takes it on the chin. Oh boo hoo can't upset the fragile Mrs May. Cunts the lot of them

They voted for policy that caused these deaths. Or, rather, against policy that might have prevented them. Heckling should be the least of the PM's concerns. Her and her colleagues should be facing sentences or lawsuits up the whazoo, especially as 70+ of them voted in naked self-interest ahead of the wellbeing of tennants from simple residential issues.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • This current sillyness about whether May should have met the protesters and families is political bullshitting. Outrage over whether the spin was good enough or not. It's completely beside the point of the tradgedy and is just getting giving the press something to focus while they twiddle thumbs and await the juicy details of victim identification. Asking May, two days after the event, why more expensive, more fire retardant panels weren't used is about as dumb as journalism gets.

• What the public need to be asking is why the fuck they ever voted Tory. Of course they're going to piss on the poor and introduce cuts. Of course they're going to favour big business. I blame the cunts that voted them in.
  • What the public need to be asking is why the fuck they ever voted Tory. Of course they're going to piss on the poor and introduce cuts. Of course they're going to favour big business. I blame the cunts that voted them in.
    Plus, after Brexit and we quit EU regulations, do we reckon that British regulations will get tighter on these kinds of things? Or do we reckon out regulations will slowly get more lax? What are your reckons?
  • Directing all this unrest at May personally gives the tabs the leeway to get behind the next clown to take over as giving Britain 'the fresh start it needs' or whatever.
  • djchump wrote:
    What the public need to be asking is why the fuck they ever voted Tory. Of course they're going to piss on the poor and introduce cuts. Of course they're going to favour big business. I blame the cunts that voted them in.
    Plus, after Brexit and we quit EU regulations, do we reckon that British regulations will get tighter on these kinds of things? Or do we reckon out regulations will slowly get more lax? What are your reckons?
    This is what the leave voters wanted.
    No red tape, no PC health and safety gone mad.

Straight bananas and burning the poor.

Cunts.
  • Ministers sent commissioners to run Tower Hamlets. Why not Kensington?
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Ministers sent commissioners to run Tower Hamlets. Why not Kensington?

That was Labour, you couldn't possibly do that to a Conservative council!
  • I think it's worth being suspicious about news papers focussing on may - if they can shovel all the shite entirely onto her they can sneak out the back. Their complicit behaviour in the destruction of (and the publics mood to cancel) essential safety and other frictions vs big business should not be forgotten.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This current sillyness about whether May should have met the protesters and families is political bullshitting.

No. It's perfect valid to show her up for that Mary Antoinette shit.

Especially when she cites security as a reason, and the fucking Queen and her heir goes to meet the survivors and volunteers straight after.

In the first instance, she (May) looks uncaring, and in the second instance, she looks like a lier.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Theresa "I'm not going to call a snap election" May looking like a liar?!
    I am shocked and aghast and most surprised by this uncharacteristic turn.
  • Crisis? What Crisis?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • What security threat would there be for the queen? She has no skin in the politic, which is what let people down.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Had to leave a forum I've been a member of for 17 years due to this. The reaction was fucking horrendous from a lot of the posters I respected, disgusting shit. Fuck 'em.

This country is shit. Absolute shit.
  • What security threat would there be for the queen? She has no skin in the politic, which is what let people down.
    Poor people. They have long desired to roast the flesh of a monarch.
  • This current sillyness about whether May should hav hie met the protesters and families is political bullshitting.

No. It's perfect valid to show her up for that Mary Antoinette shit.

Especially when she cites security as a reason, and the fucking Queen and her heir goes to meet the survivors and volunteers straight after.

In the first instance, she (May) looks uncaring, and in the second instance, she looks like a lier.

It's irrelevant bullshit and is getting in the way of the true problem, which nobody seems to be addressing. Fuck the social divide and selfishness, why didn't May say hi? Bollocks.
  • Had to leave a forum I've been a member of for 17 years due to this. The reaction was fucking horrendous from a lot of the posters I respected, disgusting shit. Fuck 'em.

This country is shit. Absolute shit.

Was it about immigrants?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Had to leave a forum I've been a member of for 17 years due to this. The reaction was fucking horrendous from a lot of the posters I respected, disgusting shit. Fuck 'em. This country is shit. Absolute shit.
    Was it about immigrants?

Immigrants, anger against the poor (I shit you not), about how its clearly not the Tory vote, and then page after page of jokes and wankery aimed at the protesters, those who are angry etc. I know a fair few were Tory but its like it brought them all out the woodwork. "I'm making 40k a year fuck everyone else haha the poor cunts"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    58 missing and presumed dead
  • It's going to be an acid test the coming weeks. I remember the brief respite in the anti-refugee rhetoric when there was that photo of that poor dead refugee kid on a beach and everyone got put back in touch with their souls and realised "oh shit, these Syrian refugees in this crisis are people just like us, not the diseased criminal vermin the tabloids have been telling us they are".
    I thought "maybe this will sway the public perception?", but it didn't last long.

I'm fully expecting a torrent of smear tactics against the normal people who were just living their lives in that tower block.
    Hopefully this time the country can stay in touch with its soul, if only because this time it's our own people burning alive in a run down tower block in one of the richest areas of our capital city, rather then foreigners fleeing foreign wars dying on foreign beaches :-(
  • PS - good on you DS, you choose the company you keep, and it sounds like you'll be better off without those ones.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What type of forum was it DS? Obviously I don't need or want to know the exact one, I'm not snooping.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What type of forum was it DS? Obviously I don't need or want to know the exact one, I'm not snooping.

Was originally Champ Man/FM based, then it got closed down in 2013 and it went into an offshoot like this. Primarily Off Topic chat these days.

Just feels like while some of us grew up (I joined at 16) there's still loads in their late 20s through to 40s chatting away like they're teenagers. Shoulda seen the signs years back when I was going on about the poor, backing it up with statistics, how disabled people are dying, and it was all ignored so they could spin the 'fuck the poor' angle ad infinitum.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I assume it's like "they don't work hard enough. Paraplegics have a decent set of arms right? Stronger even cuz they need to push those wheels. Get em on a building site".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!