Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well I've had a fresh stab at this. This must be my fourth go at the game now. I've finally got over a hurdle and I've actually enjoyed it, but I'm still not quite into the setting. It's quite amazing how many reused assets they used on Dark Souls 3 eh? Parts of this game are so similar. I've got a couple of bosses down and starting to make progress. Can't say the first two bosses are much cop though. Pretty shit tbh. The combat has clicked, although I still think it's too easy to take random damage, and the camera can be a total cunt - hello Cleric Beast - fucking awful mess. Got the gunshot parry down nicely. It's decent. I have a niggle though, and it's a fairly big one... Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets. WTF? Why did they do this? I'm having to farm the fucking things after a few fails on a boss on a tough section? That's just not fun I'm afraid. Completely ruins the flow of the game. I want to challenge the boss again, but it's pointless without healing items or bullets. I'm struggling to think of anything positive about this system. It's silly. Dark Souls had it just right with Estus Flasks. It's nearly enough to make me fuck it off for good tbh. Please tell me it's not like this through the whole game? Ever onwards...

Its not an Estus Flask system because its not Dark Souls. I barely bothered grinding for them, just bought them by the cuntload.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    QS bullets are much less of an issue once you get used to parry timing. Allegedly the pistol has a slightly larger window for a parry than the blunderbuss since it doesn't stagger but I didn't really notice. You can press D-Pad up to sacrifice some health for 5 bullets at any time and then quickly attack a weak enemy to get most of that health back.

Vial farming is probably the only legit design fault with the game. Certain sections you'll have to grin and bear it.

Like DS says, using echoes to make sure you're getting towards max stock is handy. Starting area in Yharnam around Cleric Beast and Gascoigne is the best place for farming them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Started this again too. A couple of years is enough cool down after the corrupt save fiasco.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Should have waited for the PS5 edition at 120 FPS.
  • I'm back on this as well. The vial bullet thing is a pain in the arse.

But keep at it chalice. You will grow to love it.

Its definitely not dark souls and that's a good thing.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah I'm determined to get through it. I was assuming that any vials and bullets you picked up when you're maxed got sent to storage but that's not the case eh?
    Spoiler:
  • Insight is an interesting mechanic, keep obtaining it, you will see what happens, don't spoil it for yourself.

Bullets and Vials do go to storage. When you die you will get max back again assuming you have enough in storage.

I totally agree about vials and bullets, i can't see a need to make them consumable. Strange decision.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought they did go to storage?
  • Djornson wrote:
    I totally agree about vials and bullets, i can't see a need to make them consumable. Strange decision.

Related to the story, innit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Making me wanna play this. Best game.

Still need to finish the dlc. What I played was utterly fantastic but I’m one of those people who rarely does dlc.
  • Yeah I'm determined to get through it. I was assuming that any vials and bullets you picked up when you're maxed got sent to storage but that's not the case eh?
    Spoiler:

They do, up to 99 of each iirc.

• That's good to know. Cheers lads. I had bloody loads but I've burnt through them double quick. This has got me by the balls now. Finally!

I'm just piling upgrades into my axe without putting much thought into it. From the looks of it the gem things are like mods I can add on and remove? I also had a strange moment earlier where
    Spoiler:

Lots of mystery. The combat is great now I've clicked with the parrying. Where are the emotes and taunts and stuff? I want to change them as I've got a few new ones but can't for the life of me work out how to do them. Also, what the fuck is happening when I push up on the d-pad???
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Think they're on the touch pad.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I DO QUOTH CTRL C + V

You can press D-Pad up to sacrifice some health for 5 bullets at any time and then quickly attack a weak enemy to get most of that health back.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If you want the easiest time of it just stick with the Axe the entire game.
  • Kow wrote:
    Think they're on the touch pad.

Play Persona.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    NO
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ludwig 4lyfe
  • ^this
  • Cane Whip before upgrading to Blades of Mercy = pure heaven. My 100% parry run on one of the DLC bosses remains one of of my greatest gaming moments to date. Incredible game.

But yeah, extra consumables do go into storage and this game is all about the dodge and parry. Axe is good, but not my thing, as I found it made me rely on some bad habits because of how effective the charge spin is, but whatever floats people’s boats.
  • Ah okay. I've inadvertently activated easy mode then. That's fine. I can see another playthrough or twelve happening.

Child this is the time where you say to me can I have my game back now please?

Lol. Let me finish it first. I'll probably buy it.
  • Na mate. When it’s finished, send it to Gav. I think he wants it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The axe also has mental rally health regain. No other weapon matches it.
  • Still ain't beaten the final boss on DLC. The game defeated me. How it should be.
  • Nearly did for me too until:
    Spoiler:
  • Just fisted a pig in the most gruesome manner. Nothing does pig fisting quite like a Souls game...
  • There's a quality bit of lore/hidden sidequest with those early pigs, see if you can work it out.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    The axe also has mental rally health regain. No other weapon matches it.

Out of the starting ones? One of the DLC weapons is better in my opinion, I sequence broke to get it as early as possible on my last run.

• Started again from scratch on this and can’t remember a thing. 

In my opinion one of the most unforgiving (but satisfying) starts to a game in the last few years. Thanks to Cinty for the
    Spoiler:
    shortcut tip.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!