Bloodborne
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm working from home a couple of days a week at the moment and today I've been enjoying this BB randomiser mod (all enemies + bosses, item pickups and vendor gear are random) run in the background. Puts me in a mood to dive in again after a few years.
    I saw a Dark Souls one recently where they'd used a similar method to make every enemy in the game Gwyn.
  • Nina wrote:
    Killed the Nurse. Pretty cool enemy.

Wicked. Time to finish off any outstanding side quests.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Should have done all the quests I wanted, might miss s couple non-chalice dungeon armour pieces but don't want to search for that now. Got a save backed up from right after that fight so can always go back.

I refused an offer, and am having a hard time now. Is it a parry boss or should I try different tactics/elements? Had two parries in at my first attempt, but it looks like I need at least 10 more.
  • Oh dear, what was it? The Hunt? The Blood?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Yes, I was just trying to remember the lines. :)

Tonight, ******* joins the hunt. 

Parry is definitely the way to go. Took quite a few tries for me. His second phase, he does an aerial and also rush attacks, both of which can be hard to avoid.

I may be wrong or misremembering, but I think it helps not to lock on? Or maybe the other way round. The camera whizzes around when he does aerial and rush attacks I think.
  • Again, I may be misremembering, but he does certain attacks from certain distances. So maybe try staying a certain distance from him to coax any attacks that you find easier to counter or deal with. 

I haven’t fought him since the year this game was released (2015?) so I’m not the best to comment!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I find locking on better for when I want to parry, but there's definitely some attacks where the camera flips 180° and causes you to roll into attacks. For his first phase I'm just trying to dodge backwards/ sidewards if I have to, until he does the attack I can parry (charge scythe). A lot of patience is needed, some of my deaths have been by just looking at my health bar, to see how much damage something did and then getting killed by the next attack because I didn't see it coming.

I've gotten into a pattern with the harder bosses where I just have the game on, give it some goes, do something else for a couple minutes (read a bit on social, water plants, clean out dishwasher etc) and then go back to it. Makes it a less frustrating experience overall.
    At some point I'll probably watch a couple videos to see how other people space themselves in this hunt of I need to.

Can also just buy them DLC to level up for this... Although I'm not looking forward to fighting at least three of the bosses (two are hunters afaik and the other is OoK which I didn't even know what it stands for but people like to talk about it).

There's so much to love about this game but I also find it mentally taxing, which is why I'm a bit reluctant about buying the DLC.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's done, I've seen the True Ending.

The
    Spoiler:
    hunt though, what a good hunt.

In my winning run I felt in control of the hunt (even though missing parries, I never got caught in combo's) and I really felt like a hunter who knows his enemy. What a difference to fighting Father G and Paarl.

Still had to use blood bullets because of missed parries, and I was lucky he just didn't do his most annoying attacks, so I got good rng for the hunt. Doesn't make me feel less proud that I solo-d the whole game, and got every boss in the base game.
  • You did great, Nina. Fucking bossed it.
  • Yes. Great work. I've enjoyed reading the adventures in this thread recently.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    There was even more on discord! Was a great way to quickly put my thoughts down during loading screens. I'll try and write down some proper thoughts tomorrow.

The thing that most surprised my was how I changed as a player during the game. I struggled so hard on the beginning, Main Street and Father G were a real pain, and then later I had a hard time figuring out the Snatcher enemies. But the Martyr and The First Hunter might be two of my favourite fights, where I felt that each attempt learned me something about their patterns, and I was able to learn the fight, and slowly string all that together into a successful hunt where my confidence in being able to beat them was actually growing, even if I failed that time.

I'm looking forward to explore more From games, but I need to regain some of my personal stamina first! I hope to pick up the DLC if it's on sale at some point. I made a back up save before the last hunts, so I have an easy place to jump back in where I can still travel around. Could warm up with the easier Chalice Dungeons as I have only done the first regular one. It was a beautifully crafted world to walk around in, it had everything that I like design wise, and searching for people's favourite bosses shows that the DLC gets a lot of love there.
  • Yeah, as a BnB Discord regular I can confirm there was a lot of Nina’s Adventures in Bloodborne Behind the Scenes chat.
  • Congrats Nina.

Now play through it twice more to get the remaining endings. Laugh at how easy FG is now you've fought tougher things. Sprint through the woods like a boss. Cry at the one still being a crap boss.

And
    Get
    DLC

Well done.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Congrats Nina. Now play through it twice more to get the remaining endings. Laugh at how easy FG is now you've fought tougher things. Sprint through the woods like a boss. Cry at the one still being a crap boss. And Get DLC Well done.

This, game is way more fun on subsequent, knowledge-filled runs.
  • https://twitter.com/RobbieFox1/status/1387885938840330241?s=19

5 year old beat Bloodborne and only used the @elf bell once at shadows of yarnham.
  • That's crazy skills but also that is shit parenting.

Edit: To clarify, fuck letting a 5 year old play something so horror-infused.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "It's only rated R for violence". Well thank Christ for that. As long as there's no nudity in it then that's ok.
  • And I'm playing through this again.

Tried to keep a starting character (a BL10 not the BL4) with no weapon upgrades. Found Gascoigne and Cleric very tough that way, and Amelia and BSB simply too hard.

Even tried a new game on the PS4 just to see if it was me being worse on the PS5. I did find it a bit easier to dodge on the PS4 for some reason. I'm now playing with the DS4 on the PS5.

Interesting to compare the two versions. PS5 is definitely 'smoother' than the PS4 and the bosses run a bit better. Still the stupid frame pacing issue though - so still poor.

This time the prostitute moved to the ward - last time I had to change clothes as the game was being weird. And I managed to keep Eileen alive for once. Might finally see that quest complete.

So few games like it.
  • At my favourite part of the game now. First death to a Winter Lantern. Tra la la laa.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!