Bloodborne
  • Love reading these updates from you and Nina. Reliving one of my favourite games through you both!

By the way... is this your first playthrough? Do you know much about final boss(es)?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 1st playthrough. I know there is a
    Spoiler:

I'd better read the wiki for that because I'd rather do most things in one playthrough. Please tell me what I need to do though.

Currently in the dlc.
  • You need
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Addition to Elf's spoiler
    Spoiler:

This is also my first time playing (any From game) and I have no shame in looking things up. Want to see as much as possible as just walking around and exploring is very well done. The constant feeling of dread and tension is really good.

Haven't had a good go at VA yet, about 5 attempts were I refused to heal more than once and just dodge my way through. Really cool character reveal.
  • Ok, ta. For point 2 I’ve already been there and killed the person so I guess I’ve messed that up. Can go and check again though.

Will check for the others.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    It's a huge one with added random fireballs and stuff - because From ran out of creativity. No others with it.

That's the boss that finally made me fuck the game off. I don't think any of the bosses are particularly good in Bloodborne. Most are just a mess of graphics - almost like you're fighting giant thorn bushes with no discernable whole or hitbox. Many feel quite cheap. As a big From fan I still think this is the weakest game of the bunch.
  • No final boss for me. There are 2 missable pieces and I've missed them both. I said I might regret killing someone in an earlier post - although you'd have no way of knowing what the impact would have been at the time.

Having missable NPC story lines is one thing but tieing them with the final boss.

Cheers From
  • Yeah but it’s a secret final boss.

Also, it’s the best From game so play it again on NG+, it’ll be quick and easy. :)
  • I knew the dlc would be tricky but Ludwig is a bit daft. Fast attacks, fast leaps of varying distance, and lock on breaking jumps but with different hang times to mess with your timing.

3 fails so far.

Ouch :-)
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I knew the dlc would be tricky but Ludwig is a bit daft. Fast attacks, fast leaps of varying distance, and lock on breaking jumps but with different hang times to mess with your timing.

3 fails so far.

Ouch :-)

Easily the trickiest boss of the lot for me and the only one I called in help for (Thanks Tempu UwU).

Still a great fight and there’s some even better fights to come. What a DLC!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    VA is giving me trouble too and I just lost 25k of echoes that were in her room because of a Snatcher being triggered near the Cathedral Ward that never has been triggered before.

Starting to think this game isn't gonna give me any bosses anymore that I'd consider easy.
  • Is that the Snatcher that leaps out at you - same area as the crow?

Made me jump the 1st time. Smashed his face in though:-)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah that Snatcher. I was all the way up the stairs fighting the two guys with the stakes, and suddenly something starts to kick me.

VA is dead now, still salty about my echoes. That was almost two level ups that I lost!

Anyway, progress and I can explore again. Doing Paarl and VA after each other was a bit of a stupid plan.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    No final boss for me. There are 2 missable pieces and I've missed them both. I said I might regret killing someone in an earlier post - although you'd have no way of knowing what the impact would have been at the time.

Having missable NPC story lines is one thing but tieing them with the final boss.

Cheers From

The 3rd ending is arguably only worth playing out if you're trophy hunting. And if you're not after the Burial Blade you might as well just get the first ending. Getting the 3 items is a bit of a pain if you're playing blind. There's definitely more hidden stuff in this game than in the Souls series.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Nina wrote:
    VA is giving me trouble too and I just lost 25k of echoes that were in her room because of a Snatcher being triggered near the Cathedral Ward that never has been triggered before.

Starting to think this game isn't gonna give me any bosses anymore that I'd consider easy.

Amelia can be a right pain - I thought that the Blood Starved Beast was bad... After her, though, I found the bosses less of a pain but the levels felt trickier.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I know B had real trouble with the spider thing.

I just fell out of the woods, so yeah, levels definitely trickier
  • Yeah, bosses are easier from now on (mostly).

Nina, well done on VA and be proud to be in the Paarl early club.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm happy with my progress.

Got completely lost in the woods, fell at least twice (scripted falls, not fall outside the level boundaries like earlier) and I'm pretty sure I won't see the 20k+ echoes again as I only vaguely know where they can be.

Pebbles are my friends here though, quite happy I maxed them out through the weird spoon witches on the way down to Paarl.

Ludwig's Blade doing decent damage still.
  • So Ludwig. Had found more success going with Saw Cleaver due to the speed he jumps away - similar to Paarl. However, still wasn't getting that far so went back to axe again today. Couldn't hit with single handed so dual handed it. Got him to next form, did some damage and got a visceral attack. 25% health left and looking good - then one shot blade attack that continued to damage me on the ground.

Grr
  • Ludwig is no more. Got close to killing it but axe wasn't helping in 2nd phase. Whack, whack, whack, super mega aoe, whack, whack, you are dead, whack, whack, etc.

Went back to saw cleaver and did it next attempt.

Also, when he dies. WTF!
  • I absolutely ruined Ludwig - after a fair few tries - using the wonderful and so-fun:
    Spoiler:
  • The 1st vicar is kicking my arse now :-).

Odd because I got it down to 20% health on my first two attempts. I then seem to have gotten worse.
  • One of the hardest option bosses in the game, don't feel the need to smash your head against.
  • Created a new character to see how I would fare now that I know the game. Did CB on 2nd attempt and FG on 1st (after upgrading saw cleaver to +1). FG is so much easier if you stay on the stairs as his bullets rarely hit you.

Interesting to see 1st is a copy of a previous boss.
  • Well, a hunter must hunt.
  • Tempy wrote:
    One of the hardest option bosses in the game, don't feel the need to smash your head against.

I was looking at the trophies and couldn't believe fewer people have beaten Lawrence than OoK. Was it a fluke that I killed him first time just by dodging and flailing around with the saw cleaver? I didn't even have fireproof gear.

• BSB got me though, poison was eating through my healing. And screw machine gun guy at low level.
  • I got reasonably far on my 1st two attempts with 1st but then got progressively worse against him.

Thing is, you need to fight these things multiple times to see their moves. I know I've been lucky and and killed things first or second time because they've not done the nasty things, or comboed nasty moves together. But, after a few fights you see the possibilities of how things can either be ok or just downright mean. e.g. Ludig, doing a ceiling dive, followed by a charge when you are near a wall.
  • Laurence is harder than Ludwig for me. Been seraching the web and general opinion he is one of the toughest. That 2nd phase is just annoying - get caught by a hit and that's mostly it due to the combo follow up.
  • Tempy wrote:
    One of the hardest option bosses in the game, don't feel the need to smash your head against.

I was looking at the trophies and couldn't believe fewer people have beaten Lawrence than OoK. Was it a fluke that I killed him first time just by dodging and flailing around with the saw cleaver? I didn't even have fireproof gear.

Ignorance is bliss

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!