Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Paarl has decided not to bow down in front of my awesomeness so I've moved on.

Found the rest of the Cathedral Ward area so ran around exploring there, avoiding a very likely boss door, fought an annoying rifle spear npc, and found a completely new area. Didn't find a new lantern so returned home and levelled up a bit.

Going to open the presumed boss door next.

Where was the completely new area? I've gotten tips to do that first, as it's not too hard and a lot of fun.
  • Lower down from cathedral ward after the rifle spear dude, looks like a wood. Could be wrong as I didn't travel in too far but it seemed like a new area to explore.
  • Paarl decided to bow down after all.

Used the black church armour (think) which I picked up earlier as it had a fair bit more bolt protection and did him on the 2nd attempt (the previous 1,000 or so attempts were merely practice runs). Instead of blindly trying to roll towards the head I tried to run to the side and get in. That was more successful and he kept falling over for me after that. Healed 3 or 4 times - still couldn't do it without heals.

Crap boss. Highlights the main criticism I have for Souls games - it's very hard to hit things without being locked on but then bosses appear that are harder when locked on, or do things to break the lock on, leaving you looking in the wrong direction (which is more of problem when using a shield with the other games).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Lower down from cathedral ward after the rifle spear dude, looks like a wood. Could be wrong as I didn't travel in too far but it seemed like a new area to explore.
    To the left from the stairs I assume? That's the area I was talking about, really enjoyed that myself.
  • VA done. 3 attempts.
  • WoH down. Weird but easy.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    VA done. 3 attempts.

Really? Is this your first playthrough? Damn. Boss difficulty weirdness continues. Paarl took me maybe 3 attempts but VA was a bitch.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m probably way over levelled as I’ve done those two bosses out of order (judging by the echoes awarded), and have a +6 weapon.

Also, I could see what VA was doing.
  • Who put this in the game:
    Spoiler:

grr
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    How did you tackle the walk up to Paarl mrsmr2? I just keep running in trouble with the two Snatchers in the last room. Can't find a spot where I don't need to fight them and the camera.

Edit, o, I can run past most of them, if I'm lucky I won't get hit.

Also bought the last piece of the tomb attire set to cheer me up a little, it's not working.
  • Just sprint and hug the left wall. I've been hit by a jumping punch twice in many, many attemps. You can sprint by everything on the run from the lamp.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have a feeling my sprint is not working, left stick + x right? I've never seen a speed difference.

I've been using the right wall last couple times and that seems to work as well. Thank God for being able to ignore most creatures.
  • Edit: nevermind, I’m wrong.
  • Sprint is hold down O.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah, I'll try that then... Might help.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Sprint is hold down O.

Wait, that’s what I wrong and edited it out cos I looked it up online and it said X???

Always remember from Souls that the dodge and run button is same and is on right side so circle or B. Maybe the website I looked up was wrong.
  • Are you reading a Japanese thing? Their O is our X for selecting things. So sprint is likely swapped as well.
  • Oh yeah that could be it. I just quickly Googled to check my memory and thought it was me remembering incorrectly.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Why is this fight so hard for me? Been trying for 2 hours, plenty of kamikaze runs too where I refuse to heal if his health is above 50/75% (depending on how in control of the fight I felt).

I'm level 48 or 49, saw cleaver has +6 and it has 144 fire attack. I could change to physical attack, which will also be around 144.

My axe and hammer are +3, I've not decided yet which one I will use the twin blood shards on, I don't have an excessive amount of those yet.
  • I farmed the two snatchers near the lamp with the axe. R2 then R1 in two handed mode, backup and repeat. The overhead axe swings stagger them so they don't get a chance. If they do a fast attack and you die, you don't have far to go to get echoes back. Twin shards drop quite regularly.

Or go to Forgotten Woods where you seem to get loads - not sure if you've got there?

Paarl is easy, apparently. Except for you and me Nina.

How do you get fire element on your cleaver?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think the Forgotten Woods are after VA, and I haven't done it yet. I might farm the Snatchers a bit for twin shards, maybe I can get enough echoes to level up my stamina a bit too for Paarl.

Fire is through one of the weapon gems.

I have given up for now, not sure if I'll continue Paarl tonight, or try VA or a chalice dungeon.

Just hard for me to let go of trying to beat Paarl now, I feel I should be able to do it. And it was the last thing I wanted to do before going to VA and continuing the actual story.
  • Paarl is something you can afford to do a lot later.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah but I had him down to 25% health a few times and I'm stubborn.

Might upgrade the axe with twin shards and see what that gives me, otherwise move on. Having more stamina would definitely benefit me here as I'm sometimes left with 0 when I finally managed to dodge underneath him.

I'm just happy I can get to him without really killing any enemies on my way there, so I'm not losing much apart from my time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I also refuse to take any of the summons with me, so that might not be in my favor either, we'll see when I give up on that rule.
  • Go Nina!

Provide regular updates on Paarl’s annoyingness. He did 3 aoe explosions in a row without moving in one of my fights.
  • Paarl is totally 
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Decided i want Ludwig's Holy Sword or whatever it's called, gonna start by farming echoes from the two Snatchers a bit, then maybe have a look at the chalice dungeon, then back to Paarl.

I'm actually more annoyed with myself than the game at this point. Especially because B watched a few of my attempts and had to agree it wasn't just me that sucked, and I definitely had some bad luck.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    Paarl is totally 
    Spoiler:
    Because B says he found it easy and tbh, the more that dies in this game the better.
  • Nina wrote:
    Decided i want Ludwig's Holy Sword...

I used that for the majority of the game.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's 20.000 echoes so quite a bit. Gonna start my first chalice dungeon, it only has a depth of 1 but we'll see.

The Holy Sword has a lot of physical attack, so it might be handy was a backup weapon, gonna assume it's not a fast one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!