regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I rebought this for when I get PS5. Part of me wants to fire it up now.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I liked the quick attacks of the cane when I tested it but couldn't argue with the sheer thwonk power of the axe.

Cleaver is fine, but the true hack is corpse running the DLC section to get the Saif and never looking back.
  • Why thwonk when you can thwhip?
  • Cane is fun. Saif feels like the most complete weapon in terms of mechanics as it’s transforms are a dodge and lunge, which means you can often keep up a near endless assault if you manage stamina well. The backwards dodge transform has absurd potential. For some reason it also staggers enemies like nothing. Was the most fun I had in the whole game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I rebought this for when I get PS5. Part of me wants to fire it up now.

It's included with PS+ these days. But maybe you don't have that...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have PS+ but not a PS5 so it's there as insurance. I guess. Or something.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You can get it without a ps5, mind. But only via shenanigans.
  • Paarl is annoying as fuck.

I have no idea what to do here. Can't dodge its attacks and it's hard to see what is actually happening. Hardest boss so far (by far).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've read it's supposed to be easier if you don't use the lock on for this one. I'm still not sure if I should keep trying and do him now, or come back later.

Hoping to get back into this in a bit, weather is proper moody by California standards, so that's fitting.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Paarl is annoying as fuck.

I have no idea what to do here. Can't dodge its attacks and it's hard to see what is actually happening. Hardest boss so far (by far).

Top tip but in spoilers incase you don't want any tips.
    Spoiler:

Hope it helps.
  • JonB wrote:
    Paarl is probably one of the easier bosses. Just the run to get to it is a bit tricky.
    That’s completely the opposite to what I’m finding.
    The run is really easy, the boss is really hard.
  • Nina wrote:
    B keeps saying how easy it was as well, had him on the first try he thinks.
    I’m obviously playing a different game to Jon and B. Or infinitely worse at the game.
  • Digi, thanks. Will look at hint after I’ve done it - unless it takes me another 300 attempts. :-)

When I do it, I will know its patterns very well as I have no healing left. It’s almost like a no hit run at this stage.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nah I have the same game you have.

Haven't gone back today, instead I hunted for HenryK's attire set, and killed Djura.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    B keeps saying how easy it was as well, had him on the first try he thinks.
    I’m obviously playing a different game to Jon and B. Or infinitely worse at the game.

Souls games are weird that way in that there’s bosses that certain people find “easy” that others find impossible and visa versa.

I wouldn’t put any thought into it - in demons the well-known hardest boss never killed me once, but other OMG so EZ bosses gave me no end of shit (hello, Maneaters).

Just the way these games work.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Surely Maneaters is the well-known hardest boss, not an EZ one?!?
  • Yeah, maneaters is up there with the hardest ones.

But thanks anyway :-)
  • Way back when Maneaters were seen as the EZ boys and Flamelurker was the hardest. The many years of Souls has seen that change, perhaps.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They both have tedious walks in. Not hard, but a long couple of mins...
  • I think Paarl is one of those that's fairly one-dimensional, so once you get your positioning right it's not a problem. Whereas some of the others have more complex patterns that need to be learned. Of course, if you don't find the right positioning in early attempts, it doesn't seem easy.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Surely Maneaters is the well-known hardest boss, not an EZ one?!?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Way back when Maneaters were seen as the EZ boys and Flamelurker was the hardest. The many years of Souls has seen that change, perhaps.

Indeed a funny old thing as you say. I think I killed Flamelurker first time. Maneaters took me the most attempts in the whole game. Like, tens of attempts.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Man eaters have been notorious since the old days, which is why the cheat method to shoot them through the fog gates was so popular.
  • Impression I had before what that Maneaters were a far bigger problem on NG+ cycles.

But hey ho - point remains - boss difficulty varies from person to person. I died more to Paarl in Bloodborne than I did the final dlc boss. It’s just how these things work.
  • I think you’ll find you’ve just been proven RONG
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Way back when Maneaters were seen as the EZ boys and Flamelurker was the hardest. The many years of Souls has seen that change, perhaps.

Indeed a funny old thing as you say. I think I killed Flamelurker first time. Maneaters took me the most attempts in the whole game. Like, tens of attempts.

I had to do the fog door glitch for Maneater. Flamelurker is definitely easy if you're rocking a magic infused weapon. I think soulsborne bosses are made easier or harder by build and also by playstyle.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I died more to Dragon God than any other. Says it all really.

All bosses I played super cautiously as I couldn't be arsed to go through the full level again - so I did the majority first time. Not because I'm good (as evidenced by my previous posts), it's because I read stuff beforehand and was prepared.

With BB, I'm not looking at any wikis or stuff.
  • Ok read the tip. Had been trying to stay under (when I can get in) but he moves too quick and gets away or aoes - not good if near a wall.

Lock on is no good when underneath but the auto rotating camera does my head in if not locked on.

My main issue is being able to get in - I just don’t understand rolling attacks in this game. 2 out of 3 times I’ll get hit.

And dying after 2 or 3 hits isn’t helping either. But I can fix that by farming healing items.
  • Been a few years since I sought out the old blood but I'm in camp '..found that boss to be one of the easier ones' (maybe first attempt).
    Spoiler:

• Paarl has decided not to bow down in front of my awesomeness so I've moved on.

Found the rest of the Cathedral Ward area so ran around exploring there, avoiding a very likely boss door, fought an annoying rifle spear npc, and found a completely new area. Didn't find a new lantern so returned home and levelled up a bit.

Going to open the presumed boss door next.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!