Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Gascoigne needs to chill the fuck out. Jeez. Fight not helped by lock on being lost regularly, and objects in the way. Took 6 attempts.
    Took me way more than that, so you're doing good!

Did you end up getting the parry down for him?
  • No parrying, given up with that. I double hand the axe for the damage so I can't use the gun unless I switch to single handed anyway.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I had a hard time consistently parrying him as well, I got really lucky with the tiny music box that hunt.
  • Yeah, I used it once in human form and another in beast form. Beast form is terrifying.

And I’ve given up parrying completely. Not tried since I got past the first boss - just hope that doesn’t come to bite me later on in the game.
  • Narrator: “it literally came to bite him later”
  • I cheesed Gazza with the axe.

Re parrying - I very rarely used it. A few enemies in the DLC and that's it. I probably made things tougher than they should have been, but I hate parrying.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Met Paarl. Was very enlightening I guess. Died obviously.

Think I've done in the witches lane what I can do there for now, really enjoyed that area.

Went back to Central for a badge and talk to two characters I missed earlier. Still can't find the hunters set attire, and saw some many item lights i have no clue how to get to. Quite impressed by that, as the movement is very basic, so access to these must be hidden in environment design.

Exploring Hypogean Gaol now, opened two shortcut doors, one really handy (close to the lantern). Chickened out on exploring outside too much, I've siddled with my back to the walls and killed some things, but haven't gone too deep yet. Tonight, probably.

Love the environment and enemy design in this, really happy I decided to pick this up after all this time.
  • Re the hunters set - if you reached the boar, you'll be in the area to pick this up, and you're in the area where you can retrieve a saw spear. There's a lot of verticality and dropping down.

In the gaol you'll find the Tonitrus - I know a lot of people don't like this weapon, but the bolt damage chews through a lot of enemies and it's pretty fast.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm a bit confused about the hunters set, i've looked at a few guides but I just can't find it.  It's ok though, just have given myself the subgoal of trying to get all the attire. I got the spear.

I'll keep an eye out for the Tonitrus. I haven't found much yet, two shortcuts, some twin bloodstones and loads of pebbles I think. 

The way I'm playing now is I try and go through the area blind, and when I feel like I've gotten to a new area / have run around a lot I'll have a look at the wiki for possible missed items.
  • Went for a walk with a friend (new covid reality) he started talking about HP Lovecraft. I spent the next 20 minutes raving about Blooborne!
  • Machine gun guy killed himself for me, which was nice. Just as well as he was quite agile during the fight up to that point.
  • Have discovered how much harder I made this game on my first playthrough - it's not a game for an item miser like me. Old Yharnam was practically screaming at me "use these blood stones to upgrade your weapon!" but first time around I was dithering over which one to go with...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Picked up the Tonitrus in Hypogean Gaol, haven't really tried it yet, but I think that's all I can do there now. There's an elevator I can't activate yet, and a closed church door with dead praying positioned people.

Just Paarl, and I don't like the path to get to him, so I'm already annoyed before I start the fight. Died twice this morning, camera lock might not be great for this beast.

And speaking of making the game harder, I didn't realize you could choose a weapon in the Dream, so I tried to punch my way through main street until B pointed out I should have a weapon.
  • I missed the weapon initially. Then I missed the gun. It wasn't until I'd restarted yet again I got both from the start.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think I've made a plan for Paarl
    Spoiler:
  • To be honest, I found no point in fighting Paarl at that point, so I left him alone and took him on when I had access to the whole area.

I've also never managed to get Djura to be friends with me...
  • Paarl is probably one of the easier bosses. Just the run to get to it is a bit tricky.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B keeps saying how easy it was as well, had him on the first try he thinks. So I do want to give him some more time, but might go after the attire and weapon upgrades first. Hopefully that makes to run to get to him a bit more doable.

I hate the cell area. So dark, even with my really nice light hanging from my belt.
  • To demonstrate how thick I am - to add to missing the starting weapon and gun with one save file and then the gun with my second save file - I got lost in Old Yarnham and spent a good few hours working out how to get the final section with the boss. Found the route which I had run past many, many times without noticing.

Thick but determined.
  • Yharnam and Old Yharnam are mazes. Yharnam still makes me disoriented.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is it the route
    Spoiler:
    B pointed out to me, and whenever he watches me play, there's plenty of "how can't you see it" liked comments.

He also sometimes helps me. Kinda. Saying Paarl is easy really is not actually helping. Can hopefully play some more over Christmas.
  • BSB down - 4th attempt.
    1st was coop with the npc. I never coop any boss so I just spent the fight watching and getting the odd hit in. Died eventually but it made me think the axe might be a bit slow.
    Switched to saw spear and had a couple of fails - lunging attack on 2nd attempt and me attacking while it was transforming to 3rd stage on the 3rd attempt.
    On 4th attempt I got fed up with the saw spear missing so many charged attacks and I switched back to axe. Damage didn't seem any worse and the reach made it a lot easier to hit. Last phase was a bit tricky with the poisoning but I had antidotes, and decided to use a fire paper to finish it quicker.
  • Nina wrote:
    Is it the route
    Spoiler:
    B pointed out to me, and whenever he watches me play, there's plenty of "how can't you see it" liked comments. He also sometimes helps me. Kinda. Saying Paarl is easy really is not actually helping. Can hopefully play some more over Christmas.

Oh no, mine is dumb. It literally is a path I completely missed - near the back of the burning thing in the church.

I use your spoilered path now.
  • Bugger, those tall things with the sacks in the jail area hit hard. Game has just ramped up in difficulty.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Bugger, those tall things with the sacks in the jail area hit hard. Game has just ramped up in difficulty.

They're abnormally powerful - at this stage just run past them as they've low aggro and shouldn't follow far.

• Axe shines again for them as it interrupts their attack. I can get in two overhead thwonks before dodging out the way. So fighting one at a time is ok, but 2 is still tricky.

Got wrecked by a large beast thing (Paarl?) so not going back there for a bit.

Also realised I might have not cleared the area before Old Yarnham (area with the slow giant dudes, one who has a giant christmas bauble) so might go back there and have a look around as they were doors still be opened.
  • I first ran this with a strength build and I used the axe a lot (up to Amelia).
    I'm currently doing a threaded cane skill build, so some different tactics required!
  • Cane is so good. The discerning hunter’s choice.
  • I liked the quick attacks of the cane when I tested it but couldn't argue with the sheer thwonk power of the axe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!