PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well I guess I deserve that
  • Can you roll through attacks in this game? Finding the first boss tough - can avoid an overhead but any swings seem impossible. Same with the cleaver dude right at the start, swings seem impossible to roll through.

Is it get gud time, or does the game want me to parry instead?
  • I wants you to parry and you will need to parry for some bosses. The shotgun is easiest to achieve parry if i remember correctly. Some bosses you can dodge but you need to be more aggresive than in Dark Souls. In Dark Souls you can survive most bosses indefinitely once you get good at dodging but not with Bloodborne, you have to get in there and kill the thing. If you do dodge it's quite often more effective to dodge forward (again getting closer to the target) then it is side or back.
  • Thanks, better get praticing parry then. No idea when the best time is - sometimes it works, sometimes not (against cleaver dude).
    Will try out the shotgun as well to see if that makes things easier.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Playing this as well. Started a couple months ago but both main street at the start and Father G used up so much of my energy that I needed weeks to recharge.

I'm in Old Yharnam now, defeated a beast which gave me a chalice thing. Is there any obvious point in the game where I want to explore these dungeons? There's still so much to do in town that I don't really feel like adding more to it.

Like this guy in Old Yharnam with
    Spoiler:

And there's also still a pig roaming around earlier in the game, should probably have another look there again as well.

First Miyazaki game I'm playing, and so far I love it. Has exactly the right atmosphere, love walking around town and getting jumped at by werewolves.
  • Ideally you'd spread the chalice dungeons throughout the game. The first ones will be very easy if you leave them till later and the treasure won't be worth anything to you.

But you could also leave them completely if you just want to finish the game. Perhaps get into that side of things more if you decide to go on to NG+.

Probably best to try the first one and see if you can be bothered with it.
  • Rolling into some bosses is definitely advised. I just took down the Abhorrent Beast in the dungeons where rolling into attacks was the only way I could kill it.

Re the chalice dungeons, I'd suggest giving them a go, if only because after a bit of time they become one massive blood echo farm for the late game.

I only went back and fought this guy because I wanted something easier than the Orphan of Kos.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I never did any chalice dungeons, just focused on the main campaign.

Not saying you shouldnt just saying they're optional.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They weren't even in it when it first launched, we're they??
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    They weren't even in it when it first launched, we're they??

They were, because some trophies require them.
  • I thought they were released later too or least maybe nobody knew how to unlock them or what the hell they were?

Long time ago now. God it's a great game. I wish i still had PS4. tempted to buy one if they are cheap but they are most certainly not!!
  • Chalice dungeons were in the game since launch, only things that took a while to discover were the odd monster spans and unique layouts here and there due to the to the random generation that glyphs enabled.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll do the dungeons whenever I feel like I want to do them, or when the main world doesn't have much more areas where I can farm for echoes. 

Reading back through the last pages and it was fun the read pc71's experience with this. Don't think I can summon people though, as I don't have plus at the moment.

edit: reading up a bit on Djura, which is apparently the guy I am avoiding for now. Seems that there are ways to get a gesture from him, do these do anything? I don't think I have any yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Having tried save sync, I thought I'd actually start a new game to see how it runs.

Only 30 FPS but it actually hits it I think? Felt steadier. And meant I actually best the opening werewolf with my fists which I'm pretty sure it's a first for me. Obviously in the zone from Demon's. Not gonna play any more if this tho or I'll get prematurely Soulsed out!
  • Djura can be ignored for now until you're ready, though you do need one of his drops to unlock some weapons in the shop (though these are a bit niche, but required if you're trophy hunting).

I went to to toe with this guy and accidentally knocked him off the edge.

Killed OoK last night and finally got my 100% trophies. Now I'm stuck deciding which other weapons to +10 for ng+

Or perhaps I'll just get Code Vein in the sale and play that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Djura can be ignored for now until you're ready, though you do need one of his drops to unlock some weapons in the shop (though these are a bit niche, but required if you're trophy hunting).
    Yeah I've heard this, but I'm not sure where to go without getting hit by his gun.

Must be missing a shortcut or something. I've done that bloodstarved beast, if I walk towards the church from there there's a door I can't open from this side. The church is near the Djura ladder, so if I go the other way from that I keep getting hit.

Edit: oh, apparently a door opened somewhere, B remembered it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Damn! I wanted to suggest coop, but i uninstalled BB.  :(
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't have ps+, so can't do coop I think.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Shit! I forgot about that nonsense. I'll update my PS4 and install the game once again, and if you fancy jolly coop next time i'll gift you 3 months of PS+. It'll be worth it just to see your reaction to some of my builds. lol.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Will keep that in mind Curtis.

This game is absolutely amazing, I managed to open up two gates near the Cathedral Ward lantern, and I'm slowly making my way up the big stairs while exploring left and right of them. I've done the two hunters (? I think they were hunters as they didn't respawn) in a plaza with a well, now there's a little area further from that with all least two of the axe pig face things. I haven't dared to venture into that too far, keep running back with my stash of echoes. Next time. At least I managed to kill the Snatcher (thing with the bag), it was my biggest fear since encountering them Friday and have avoided them since.

This is all quite something, I know my descriptions of things probably don't make sense if you're not playing / seeing the area, but I need to put my thoughts down somewhere!
  • Spoiler re the snatcher (if you're not doing a blind playthrough)
    Spoiler:

Also a suggestion re where you are now (other players may disagree, though)
    Spoiler:

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    For the first spoiler, are you talking
    Spoiler:
    If so, I've been there, but avoided almost everything. I'll have to go back soon though, as I know the monster there is related to the Djura storyline.

It's my first playthrough, but I gladly accept help from B or anyone else. I'm unlikely gonna do a ng+, so whenever I'm not sure what to do or want to do more exploring in older areas, I look it up. I know there's something I missed in the early areas, as I can't buy many weapons yet in the Dream and I think I should.

Second spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Yep - that was the location I was referring to. It's really worth going through, even if it's just a bunch of suicide runs to grab items.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm gonna go back at some point.

My current plan is right side of the stairs (towards the areas with the executioners, I think that's what they're called), left side of the stairs (that might be Hemwick Charter Lane? ), Hypogean Gaol and then VA.
    With a visit to (old) Yharnam in between probably, once I've figured out what I can still pick up and am ready to face Djura again.

I just get to find a guide or something that just had the names of items / NPC's for each area, so I can easily click on the things I've missed.
  • I'd forgotten Hemwick! I definitely did that before Amelia, but I used the Tonitrus for some of the enemies.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had a lot of fun in Hemwick last night, not done yet, but unlocked two shortcuts and according to B I'm close to the boss. Since I kept dying on enemies I shouldn't die to after I had cashed in my echoes and tried to make my way back up, i decided to quit for the night yesterday.

Also had a look at the wiki, to check what characters and items I might have missed in Central Yharnam, so I'll go back there after this.
    Spoiler:

So much to do and so many alleys to check! It's a very fascinating game, each time you spawn at a lantern, you'll learn something new about the world, and feel a little bit more confident in your skills to navigate around the area.
  • Gascoigne needs to chill the fuck out. Jeez. Fight not helped by lock on being lost regularly, and objects in the way. Took 6 attempts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!