Bloodborne
  • Do you mean:
    Spoiler:

I sneaked around and found nothing in there other than death.
  • There's something of value there if you can bring what you found. Chalice dungeons are absolutely worth a once through too for weapons, items, unique encounters and just la joie de exploration, imo.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Rom is dead, first try today. Farmed for 1 more point in strength, not sure if that made the difference, I was using the self buff more often too.

Went to the Lecture room after, weird enemies.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Do you mean:
    Spoiler:
    I sneaked around and found nothing in there other than death.
    It's possibly even more difficult than any of the bosses. Camera issues again, of course.
  • It's fairly easy if you use:
    Spoiler:
  • And while early bosses have been easy this time, the easy ones are now proving hard. Just died to SoY. Sword dude gains a quarter length of arena attack that I hadn't seen before and it was hitting me regularly. So he dies first next time.
  • I've decided to Platinum this. Currently at Micolash so will do him and them explore the chalice dungeons. Didn't bother last time as I didn't have the stuff to open the 2nd dungeon, and I just wanted to finish the game and be done.

Having read what I need to get all achievements (for DLC)  I now know what is down
    Spoiler:
    That wasn't fun at all last time, but I did read the tip about it earlier.
  • I'm enjoying the chalice dungeons - giving me that Bitterblack Isle vibe from Dragon's Dogma.

Initially thought these might be too easy as they don't scale with NG+. Needn't have worried as depth 4 cursed one is killing me a lot.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Amygdala done, second go.

Need to figure out what to do later, don't think I can progress into the lecture building right now, there's the castle to do, and I should probably check on Eileen and the whore as well.

And there's the main story of course.
  • Good job Nina. I'm struggling with the one in the Chalice Dungeon.
  • So that's true boss done. Now for NG++ for third ending.
  • Do you not have PS+? Could’ve just saved to cloud, see and ending, then download save and do the alternate ending. That’s what I did.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nope. In it for the long haul.
  • Rom 3rd generation down. Next up - fun with The One who should have stayed a concept drawing.
  • When you said Rom 3rd, I thought you were doing chalice dungeons. But you’re talking about NG++!

You’re doing well! I made it up to SoY on NG+++, that run was getting tricky. Got frustrated and stopped, must return. I was going for an item I missed THREE FUCKING TIMES which was where the wolves show up in a cathedral? And there’s a head sucker thing in a corridor? Just before the Emissary I think. I need that item for my platinum!!!

Someone told me ages ago that the whirligig saw from the DLC is overpowered. So yeah, I should get back to the DLC, beat Ludwig and lost momentum.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Are NG+ quick to get through? Or am I just playing this really slow?

Just killed
    Spoiler:
    so that's a little bit closer to the true end. Felt really weird to do this.

Had a talk with the whore as well, she's not feeling too hot. Big thing outside of the Cathedral Ward that I can see now explains the blue burst I saw everytime I walked past.

Went to the Castle, they spend quite a bit of time to make animations for that, pretty cool.

Poison question, is it ever gonna be easier to explore the poison lakes? I have two now that I haven't fully explored yet (why does it limit your movement too, is it muddy poison? Looks like they did the same in Sekiro what I saw from B playing). I guess with more health and strength it's quicker to kill things recklessly, but it's there gonna be anything with better poison resistance than the white church set?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think I'm ready for the Castle.
  • NG+ was quick for me as I didn’t bother with the optional bosses after VA. Although I did check how to get final boss and collect the few items and weapons I’d missed on 1st run through.

NG++ even quicker so far as only doing required bosses.

For NG I explored and took my time.

For the poison i equip the best poison resist armour I have and leg it, using antidotes to heal when sensible.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I see, just wanted to explore other lakes, might just do that towards the end.

But really, these hairy flea things that crawl around liked they're spiders are horrible! I might just continue with the story and leave this for a bit, although it's hard to admit it's too hard for now.
  • Oh yeah, those things outside the castle are really tough. Inside isn’t as bad.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm farming the first two or three now, to get used to them and they give loads of echoes. I probably will skip the three next to the entrance for now, they're all eating a body with an item, but I just keep dying to them.

Went down the snowy path through the middle earlier, and it throws all those worms at you. Worst enemy for the camera.
  • I use axe thrust on those things - sprint and l1 (then hop back).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Oh yeah, those things outside the castle are really tough. Inside isn’t as bad.
    Could have at least warned me about the gargoyles jumping me! Scared me good! I've activated the elevator, you were right about the rest. I've avoided most of the fleas and have found some things inside.

Haven't upgraded the axe at all, the two weapons I currently carry are the Holy Blade and the Tonitrus.

B also said the weeping women inside sound like our roommate when he's in vr chat, and now I can't unhear that. It's true though.

• There are anti-poison Caryll runes that you can equip in the dream (altar at the back of the house) too. You can equip more than one to stack their effect iirc.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I checked the altar before I called it a day for the morning session. Looks like I have both rapid and slow poison runes. Only had the rapid before. And the lakes do slow poison.
  • 3rd ending completed. Just the pesky chalice dungeon to complete now.
  • 4th Chalice done. Had to read some threads on how to kill it.

But now I don't have the materials to create the 5th. If I hadn't rushed through the last playthrough I would have the end game location available to get them.

Bah.
  • Watching a streamer playing a randomiser. The SoY area has instead FG (beast mode), OoK, and Maria.

I mean!
  • Platinum done.

110:57:30 time with this character, level 170.

Just final boss of dlc and all dlc weapons trophies left to get. As I'm in NG+++ I shan't be tackling the dlc bosses. That will be for another playthrough.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!