Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Do not kill Iosefka as you lose one of the 'third umbilical cord' - like I did. But the invite to Cainhurst is there.
    Spoiler:
    Guess I'll go there first, to pick up some items and come back later to finish the job.
  • Apologies for lack of spoiler. I thought you were reading the guides for all this stuff.
  • Re your spoiler - yup. You wouldn't know.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm reading guides if I come upon items / situations I'm curious about. Want to read about the lore etc before I forget about it all. Just spoilering in case there's anyone left that hasn't played this.
    I also read about items in areas I've just done, to see if I should stick around a bit longer and go after them. If I happen to read information about future events, so be it.

This game is just so weird. Just reading about the Amyg... stuff and apparently you can
    Spoiler:

Think all this is pretty amazing tbh, looping around the forest
    Spoiler:
  • The blue burst will be explained later. That is certainly one cool aspect to the game.
  • Running around, I've just run into crow woman - not so friendly now.
  • Just had a look at a wiki for the Chalice Dungeons. I've completed one but the wiki makes it look really complicated.
  • Nina wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    First spoiler is also where you can get one of the items you need for True Last Boss, yeah?
    Didn't know that, and I don't want to happen what happened to mrsmr2. Will read up on it a bit. Although I'm scared of going after the True Last Boss.
    The last true boss is actually easier that the two preceding bosses. There is of course player speculation as to why this is re the lore, and also the easiness of bosses is subjective...
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yeah I found it easy. Killed it on second try, almost on first. Boss just before it took a fair few goes but what a fight!

Boss before that I thought was easiest... because you can just run rings around it and win easily. Cheese, yes, but hey ho.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • So Kos, time to introduce a new thing to mess with you being locked on - his charge attack that drags you along finishing with him going behind you to make the camera freak out momentarily.

The continued rubbishness from a game that requires lock on to be playable yet does things to mess with you when you are locked on.

Does Sekiro have an auto rotating camera?
  • Sekiro... camera... *shudder*

Yes. It can be extremely frustrating in cramped places.
  • Oh.

And just had a quick search - same issues: rubbish when close to a wall and autorotating.

So that's out.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B is playing Sekiro. He is now ready to write an essay about cameras in third person games and why they suck. Unless it's Bayonetta.

And I'll try and go for the True Boss then, I know B picked the easy ending (I don't think I've seen it, definitely don't recall it) so he might enjoy watching it.
  • Not in the mood for Kos so went and did - 2nd attempt.
    Spoiler:

So that's that done.
  • Spoilers? You know Nina is behind you in the game.
  • Yeah, but Nina has read a lot about the game from guides - knows the areas, bosses, what to do with npcs, etc. I do apologise (2nd time today :-( ) if Nina didn't know about that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No worries, I've seen the name pop up before in that context, but I don't know how the story will lead up to that. I'm not too bothered by reading just names, it's all different anyway when you come up to certain points in game.

I try to read only about areas I've been to, or if someone recommends something. I have seen certain areas and bosses when B played.

Gonna make myself some hot chocolate and jump in again. Will explore the clinic, and then probably have a peek at the C. Castle.

Edit, decided to continue with story after the Clinic. Am scared.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Rom is a pain. Thanks to the people who told me earlier how to run in this game, it's been very helpful.

Feel like I've had close to 10 runs by now, gonna take a break and farm echoes for blood vials. Vial supply has gone from 100+ to 50
  • I took my time with Rom, running around taking out the odd spider. Tonitrus is good here.

Unfortunately, it’s another camera boss as you need to watch what Rom is going to do but of course the camera wants to show you 3 miles of clear blue sea.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm using the Tonitrus, it's +6 but I might have really low arcane. I'm definitely not one shotting the small ones as guides seem to suggest it should do.

I can get it to the (I assume) last phase most times, unless unfortunate events happen. There's a lot of crazy strategies for this one it seems, but I feel like Tonitrus and patience should give me a win, and I don't hate the fight. Quick to get to as well.

Still gonna grind the flies outside of the building a bit more, properly get one more point in strength, maybe arcane if that really boosts a lot.
    I can see why people play this over and over again, with different stat distribution and play styles.

Also saw someone suggest switching the L1 and O buttons, so L1 would be run and O trick weapon switch. I feel like it might be too late in the game to try that, but just imagine being able to control the camera and run at the same time! I'm playing this without the lock on, so I need to adjust camera myself. Was joking to B that From games (at least this and Sekiro) should have a co-op mode where player 2 would just be the camera operator. Would work better than the default.
  • You can switch the run button? omg. I was thinking that would be a good idea a week or so ago - when I was thinking how much better it would be if it was like MH. Just imagine a camera that didn't go crazy in a tight space, one that didn't autorotate, and where you can access sprint, move, and camera control all at the same time. (like psp mh).

Lol at the two player camera option.

I didn't add anything to arcane and I wasn't one shotting the spiders either.

If you think BB has options for different builds then have a look at Dark Souls - they have multiple different styles of playing through.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Not sure if you can switch the buttons in game or if that's in the PlayStation settings, I haven't looked myself. Just saw it on reddit.

According to B this is just a standard orbit camera, which will change position when it hits a collision box. The laziest type of camera to make. At least, that's what he says.

Builds: I'm not sure how crazy they can get in Bloodborne, but since I've encountered a few weapons I can't equip because some stats are too low, and Curtis mentioning at some point he had some really fun characters going, I assumed you could do some pretty fun stuff if you really focused on leveling certain stats.

My next From game will probably be Sekiro, as we have that now, and then either Demons Souls remake when we get a PS5, or I might get Dark Souls for the Switch. Think it's supposed to run fine.

Probably need to play Bayonetta or similar after this though, or something 2d. Games where the camera isn't an extra enemy.
  • I don't think I locked on to Rom much, maybe to throw a few sneaky molotovs. My strat was just to run around benny-hill style avoiding the little ones, getting a few hits in then back off to regen stamina. Rinse and repeat.

I don't recall anyone having camera issues on that boss either; I'll agree with it going a bit haywire during OOk but this can be mitigated somewhat by:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • PLAY SEKRIO NINA IT IS AMAZING (except for one or two bosses/enemies where the camera can be tricksy)
  • Swapping O with L1 makes a big difference to general running around. It's under accessibility options on the console.
    Didn't take me long to retrain my muscle memory - apart from transform attack (which I didn't use a huge amount anyway).

Bugger. This would have made the "ring-a-ring-o'-roses" bosses quicker (this song might not be recognisable to non UK'ers).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    PLAY SEKRIO NINA IT IS AMAZING (except for one or two bosses/enemies where the camera can be tricksy)
    I will, at some point, but need to play something different in between Bloodbone and Sekiro, already have Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town on the go for handheld gaming to reduce stress levels.

Think B has a different opinion on the bosses etc though, I'm surprised he's still playing. I don't think I've seen him so annoyed with a game before.

Might take a look at the accessibility options, being able to run and control camera sounds amazing! Which is my main problem with Rom, I'm doing the unlocked running around to avoid the blasts, but it's hard to keep track of him when doing that, in case he does another right after, or one of the small spiders is jumping at you.
  • Sekiro runs beautifully at 60fps on Ps5, might be worth waiting to play on there if you're getting one soon because it is not smooth on Ps4.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    We have it on PC. Apart from some weird glitch with the resolution which makes everything in Windows purple after playing, it seems fine.
  • Even though I was going to put this down, the Nina control scheme has breathed new life into it.

In NG+ I've gone through CB, FG, BSB, and VA. And this time I met crow person for the 2nd time.
  • Maybe this time you won't kneel so readily to OoK, also  
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!