Metroid General Thread - The Queen of Video Land
  • Okay I must be on what is the last boss.

And - again there's a bullet sponginess that is beyond irritating. The only thing stopping me winning is hand cramps and patience.

the worst part is that because the boss has more risk - no health refresh - it encourages a conservatively cheesey way to play, which is longer and more boring.
  • I've got the purple wave gun. Opened up 3 areas (4 including surface) and I've got a hint of where the next metroid is but I can't reach it as I need the weapon to open the yellow door. Where can I get that weapon?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • That's a door you won't be able to open for ages yet.
  • Ah. OK. Feel like I don't have anywhere else to explorer. Better recheck the map.
  • Spoiler:
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It's a very good video.
    Spoiler:

I've been watching some videos by "spooky squid games" where they play some metroids. they're pretty interesting too.
  • The mini bosses are nauseating. Having to switch weapons mid fight simply doesn't work. I'm on a boss now where you have to latch onto a part of it with the grapple gun and you are completely vulnerable when doing so and whether you get hit or not is complete luck. It's extremely poor design.
  • Was this developed in house, or farmed out to a third party?

Reports of items not spawning correctly, or collection not being counted, making it impossible to 100% on that save file.
  • three1ne wrote:
    The mini bosses are nauseating. Having to switch weapons mid fight simply doesn't work. I'm on a boss now where you have to latch onto a part of it with the grapple gun and you are completely vulnerable when doing so and whether you get hit or not is complete luck. It's extremely poor design.

You aren’t completely vulnerable.
    Spoiler:
  • Was this developed in house, or farmed out to a third party?

Reports of items not spawning correctly, or collection not being counted, making it impossible to 100% on that save file.

Its made by mercury steam but directed by sakamoto.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well Nintendo Store kindly fucked me on the special edition of this. Said they had despatched it in the 13th if last month. When I chased they then basically said no more stock and I can have my money back as a credit. No thanks. I’ll take the cash and not bother ordering with them again. No proof that they had tried to deliver. Reckon they over promised and couldn’t fulfil.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Well Nintendo Store kindly fucked me on the special edition of this. Said they had despatched it in the 13th if last month. When I chased they then basically said no more stock and I can have my money back as a credit. No thanks. I’ll take the cash and not bother ordering with them again. No proof that they had tried to deliver. Reckon they over promised and couldn’t fulfil.

:(

Sorry bud.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That sucks. Previous stories from the Nintendo store have them being overly generous to compensate (e.g. free electronic copy if they ship late), so doubly disappointing they didn't do that here. Boo.
  • That does suck, used them loads in the past as they always delivered. Sorry dude.

Am enjoying the game a lot though so far, just getting through Area 3 and finding everything killing me much quicker than before.
  • Yeah that’s really bad. Sorry to hear about that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They agreed to refund my money today. Guess I’m getting the bog standard version.
  • Cracked this open today after rinsing Steamworld Dig. 

After nearly losing it on the metroids you have to kill, I realised that you can't hit them when they are electrified. Who knew?! 

So I'm about three hours in, three levels in, and getting the hang of the map and more importantly the dodge button. Handy to see completion percentage for each area too. 

I get the impression it's a metroid for those who came in late. Dodge is kind of like Ace Combat 3DS auto lock, and the scan tells you what to break open. I haven't encountered a noob bridge either so I take it there is no run button? 

Hopefully there is more enemy variety to come. But I'm enjoying it now after a tricky start, and it's the first game I've played in 3d for quite some time.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    To add insult to injury I’m guessing my cancelled order has flipped some kind of marketing switch and I’m now getting regular emails from Nintendo for all their other special editions. I’ve also had an email asking me to review the game I didn’t receive. Dickheads.

*rant mode disengaged*
  • How badly do you want it?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not stupid money but I’d pay the original price.
  • How about I check what I paid for mine (unused) and you can have it plus postage cost? Think I got it from Game. Likely £59.99.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’d be fantastic mate, but only if you’re sure.
  • I'm really liking this now. Good rate of item discovery going on, and some nice environmental details. 

Found it quite clever that there is a non-combat way to deal with some enemies in particular 
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That’d be fantastic mate, but only if you’re sure.

Yeah I’ve got plenty to play for now and my enthusisasm has died down. PM me your address and you can PayPal me once you’ve received it? It’s only been opened to check contents.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers :-)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bloody great bloke that Elf :-)
  • I also need the cash. :)

Will get the game from CEX with part of my tonne of vouchers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Stop spoiling the altruism ;-)
  • Hey I’m still a bloody great bloke! In my opinion. :)
  • three1ne wrote:
    The mini bosses are nauseating. Having to switch weapons mid fight simply doesn't work. I'm on a boss now where you have to latch onto a part of it with the grapple gun and you are completely vulnerable when doing so and whether you get hit or not is complete luck. It's extremely poor design.
    You aren’t completely vulnerable.
    Spoiler:

Just did this one a few minutes ago. Who needs defence? Just jump. 

There was a very difficult sequence not long beforehand. That took about a dozen goes. In unrelated news, the tactic to survive that bit was "just jump".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!