Metroid General Thread - The Queen of Video Land
  • But for ease of
    Spoiler:
    defence is a good bet.
  • I fucking love this game. Got about a dozen left to go on the counter, so that puts me in area 5 I think. First 3ds game I've played in 3d for quite some time, too. 

I think I'm at about just under 30 percent done, and every level so far I've done as much as I can before the inevitable track back to open it all up. 

The music is nice but it's mostly remixes from metroid prime I think. The environmental details in the background are a nice touch. And the controls are just spot on. 

I'm guessing not many are playing it, though?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Sounds great from what I've read.

I'm still on Zelda which will be followed by Mario.

It'll then be out of this or Resident Evil 7 I think.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think it has a lot in common with Skyward Sword. It's a gateway to the series in a better way than Other M. It is mostly linear, regularly rewarding, and you are almost never lost. 

It's probably a better game to teach latecomers to the series the language of the series, and promote trying other entries next.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Sounds a little like Fusion in that respect.

I remember the GB original being a lot more traditional in that sense.

I'll be interested to see the differences.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Completely agree vela, I’m just finishing area 4 and it’s really really good. Also have no idea what complaints are levelled against bosses so far, only one I had a trouble with was...
    Spoiler:

It’s also less about the exploration side, and more about the powering up and progression. Do love going back through an area you had so much trouble with 10 minutes earlier, to find the ability you just gained makes it completely trivial.
  • Yep. That spoiler has been the only really tricky bit for me (aside from the initial bits and learning when its unsafe to attack bosses). 

I think, based on empty item/skill slots and unaccessible doors/blocks, I have 3 more things to unlock:
    Spoiler:
    Most recent updates are 
    Spoiler:
    Ive started some backtracking for the majority of secrets I missed (are they secret if the map shows where they are?). It looks like 100% is going to be very straight forward.
  • Right, so now I'm stuck on a tough boss and can't get to the next area without defeating it. 

I think I'm about four phases in but some attacks are hard to dodge. Luckily I went and got me a lot of spare missiles and health bars.
  • It's not 
    Spoiler:
    is it? I'm stuck on him too!
  • That guy isn’t too bad. But it’s one of those ones that you realise isn’t too bad until you’ve done it.

Also: it has a really gimmicky and potentially bad kind of annoying way of killing it.
  • Ah cool. Yeah i figured him out in the end, kept getting to the last bit and dying, but once you recognise the patterns it's much easier. Enjoyed figuring it out even if it took a few gos.
  • Yeah the patterns are easy. Patience is not!
  • Somehow I've made it to what looks like it will be the final boss. This game has been fantastic til now, after a rough start. 

Best minor moment was accidentally discovering a very efficient way of travelling in a straight line. Felt quite pleased with myself.
  • Credits rolling, 100 percent complete after around 17 hours. What a fantastic game.
  • Vela wrote:
    Credits rolling, 100 percent complete after around 17 hours. What a fantastic game.

Jelly.
  • I wonder how series veterans feel about it. I can hardly speak from authority on it, but it feels like the real thing from what I've played elsewhere. Not Prime quality, but miles ahead of Other M. 

It also makes the universe seem quite compelling through absolute minimal exposition.
  • Vela wrote:
    It also makes the universe seem quite compelling through absolute minimal exposition.

Sounds like a real Metroid.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Vela, you got any advice on final boss?

I actually enjoyed this a lot. Earlier rant retracted.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I would suggest saving your yellow for shields because.
    Spoiler:
  • Nice. Done. Enjoyed. To the selling thread.
  • I would suggest saving your yellow for shields because.
    Spoiler:

I did something like this.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Does the game track which items you've collected that you all seem to have the 100%? I'm currently in the process of drawing out the Super Metroid maps (no printer) so that I can have a go at 100% in that one...
  • Just use the map Explorer special weapon thing. It'll mark all secrets. Pausing the game will show percentage completed of each area.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was just curious, game is still at my mom's place so will be a while before I'll get it. Currently playing Super Metroid on the 3DS VC, don't think that has a map explorer special weapon...
  • What are the chances of Nintendo hitting three consecutive home runs and the new Metriod being as good as Botw and Odyssey?
  • We don't even know who's making Prime 4 yet tbf.

Whoever is let's hope so.

I don't think all 3 have been home runs in the same gen since the SNES tbh.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Rumour is it’s Bandai Namco making Metroid.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Oh FFS!

All bets are off for the triple home run.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Unless it turns out to be a Soulslike with guns.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    THR back on!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!