@cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bring back sensi, Fred closed

Others have been fun but that is the game
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • If they could just update SWOS with current names (albeit with the vowels changed, eg L. Misso, Nuymir and R. Von Pirsua, etc) then that'd be GOTY, right there.
  • Yep.

Another thing that annoys me is that old classic games are on systems that are not compatible with modern ones through B.C.

imagine being able to play pes 3, swos and iss 2000 all on the one system easily.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • SWOS is on 360, at least.
  • How on earth is SWOS not an ubiquitous title like Worms?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Yep. Another thing that annoys me is that old classic games are on systems that are not compatible with modern ones through B.C. imagine being able to play pes 3, swos and iss 2000 all on the one system easily.

emulator? 

World Cup Striker indoors. Quality two player game. Kick off 2 was brilliant in its day but again too many cheat goals.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Who mentioned ISS 2000 on the N64?

It was a very different game to the Pro Evo series, yes, but the fuck if that game didn't give you FULL control over each player! It was almost excessive.

The ball physics weren't great, but that game was a lot of fun...

The aftertouch you could put on a 60yd pass was especially amusing.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Was sensible soccer on the snes any good?
  • Vela wrote:
    How on earth is SWOS not an ubiquitous title like Worms?

Sensible software went bust
    Team 17 are terrible cow milkers.
  • Tragic :(

Every year should see a disc released with a compilation update of SWOS, Speedball 2, Worms, Micro Machines and Lemmings.
  • ISS on 64 was amazing, complemented the realism of PES much more so than FIFA at the time. Damn shame the series is dead.

We really need a ISS/Virtua Striker type game.

This isn't just a problem with football games, basketball and American football are suffering just as much.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Someone do me a vaguely Mirror's Edge-y FPS football game.

Probably needs Oculus or something to really make it work so you can look around quickly enough between your feet and the rest of the pitch.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I see a Wii U game - 2 player co-op - 1 player with 1st person view, 2nd with touch screen showing an overhead tactical view directing the other players.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Jesus, I can wait for the Oculus, but the WiiU doesn't even have a street date yet does it!?

Madness.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I see a Wii U game - 2 player co-op - 1 player with 1st person view, 2nd with touch screen showing an overhead tactical view directing the other players.

Somewhat related. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Club_Champion_Football

Regrettably, I've never seen a machine in Blighty.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Roujin wrote:
    Someone do me a vaguely Mirror's Edge-y FPS football game.

Probably needs Oculus or something to really make it work so you can look around quickly enough between your feet and the rest of the pitch.

Libero Grande on the PS1.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • mk64 wrote:
    World Cup Striker indoors. Quality two player game. Kick off 2 was brilliant in its day but again too many cheat goals.
    WC Striker dropped the indoor mode. It was the original that had it. Also, it's probably the worst offender for sweet spots ever, but all the more hilarious for it. We used to have names for the different goals you could score.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

ISS 2000 seems to be a rare 'un in PAL after doing a quick ebay search. £150 - but that's for a sealed copy. But now't else at present.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Football games need more wall running ala tittyfall

Aye, I said similar just after Titty launched regarding a Speedball type game with added wall running goodness. Fuck knows what thread that was in.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Football games need more wall running ala tittyfall
    Aye, I said similar just after Titty launched regarding a Speedball type game with added wall running goodness. Fuck knows what thread that was in.

Please. take that idea to a kickstarter near me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Apparently I'm the only one who found Sensible Soccer to be unplayable, maybe I was too young, but it was impossible to get the ball from one side of the pitch to the other! ISS 64 was the only football game I've ever really loved. The comedy commentary, the create a player feature, the 10-7 score lines, the killer through ball, it was epic!
  • Manchester United in Europe was a classic. That could do with a reboot. Manchester United in the League Cup or something.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Someone do me a vaguely Mirror's Edge-y FPS football game.

Stop choring my unpatented ideas, mush. Triggers for powahs.

Right-stick controls yer eyes, and you kick in the direction you're looking. For a tackle, you'd have to look down to see if you're gonna make contact, then quickly look up as you [attempt to] strike the ball, the ball following your line of sight via initial aftertouch.

Even if it was a bit ropey on the controls (it would be), we'd have a right old laugh on five-a-side MP. Proof of concept might then carry the idea forward.

A rough, ball-bobbling pitch; a beach location; and we could even have my dream: a pitch with a huge spinning disc in the centre and hedges to jump and chip over.

A stage like this, where you can play trickshots off of the columns, giving away throw-ins when you miss.

The longstanding problem for me is that the real game (at least the modern version) betrays the simple joys we experienced in youth. If you take the X Games (or whatever it's called this month), their BMXing is clearly a step-up from our wooden ramps. But in comparison to the fun we had playing footie as kids, the po-facedness of the pro game's regressive.

The chances of an 'arcade' approach better capturing this spirit of fun is high.

(I've said the same about Gran Turismo many times; the original's still my favourite for feeling like racing, though its visuals are far worse than GT6's.)
  • Manchester United in Europe was a classic. That could do with a reboot. Manchester United in the League Cup or something.

We had an actual football variant named after the game called United In Europe, though I've no idea why it was called that. You had one keeper vs a team of only outfield players. The keepers goal was normal sized (there was a fence on one side and a tree on the other marking posts), and the outfield players goal was the wall of a house opposite. Years of fun.

I'd actually buy a game made up of childhood football variants.
  • davyK wrote:
    ISS 2000 seems to be a rare 'un in PAL after doing a quick ebay search. £150 - but that's for a sealed copy. But now't else at present.

its not worth buying sealed when its so good to play. I'm sure you can pick up a copy for under 50. 

I remember the scam in ISS64 and alot of games around that time which was to have your striker stand by the goalie and when he took the kick you would slide in on him or give him a shove. As it was off the ball you would only get a yellow. But by doing it with three strikers their keeper would get injured or have poor happiness stats and start conceeding left, right and center.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

• This is on EASY mode which i've not played in about 15 years. Lovely goals though regardless. You wont score any of these in hard mode. 

Just love the animations and ball trail on shots etc. Its perfect.
  • Awesome.

Upon further thought I am thinking at this point I'm hoping to find something that clicks with me as Speedball 2 did (thank gof for psp minis on vita).

So Ive kind of gone silly this week and ordered ISS 2 on gamecube, fifa 2013 wii u and sensible soccer european championship snes. Lets see if any of them click.
  • this was a pile of shit

• Vela wrote:
    Awesome. Upon further thought I am thinking at this point I'm hoping to find something that clicks with me as Speedball 2 did (thank gof for psp minis on vita). So Ive kind of gone silly this week and ordered ISS 2 on gamecube, fifa 2013 wii u and sensible soccer european championship snes. Lets see if any of them click.

Three Lions motherfucker

• Those graphics are so awesome I cant tell when its real life or the in game engine.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!