Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Spoiler:
    Sequel excerpt from here.

Edit - mother clucking page turn. Sequel to Girl with the Gifts.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is it called Girl with No Receipt Demanding Cash Refunds?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That was a good read, I like the style. Might read that instead of watching the inevitable film. More of a side story than a direct sequel.
  • Is it available to yarr! yet? Only want to watch it because guy who  did soundtrack also did Utopia's.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Must be, as you can rent it on Sky. The soundtrack has the same ethereal charm that Utopia had.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Is it available to yarr! yet? Only want to watch it because guy who  did soundtrack also did Utopia's.

Yeah it's doing the rounds.
  • John wick 2 and
    Spoiler:
    showing up made me laugh again.

The new x men film looks a bit last of Us.
    (They should call it Loganst of Us)

Get out looks fun too.

And the main reason I was there - went to see split.

It's an interesting film. A terrible plot and so much checkovs kill phrase that it was a bit crap to follow the story. It's redeemed because mcavoy does a fun job eating everything up, has some fun lines delivered with great timing and facial expressions.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Writer is fine to dump on movie; I haven't seen it so dunno quality. What I will say is that the Little White Lies (yep, that all tie and no trousers outfit again) have written an all time bad review for Trainspotting 2.

Here's yer excerpt -
    Choose a female lead who couldn’t be less interesting if you literally forgot to write her any dialogue because you were too busy playing Pokemon Go.

Yep. A Pokemon Go reference.

http://lwlies.com/reviews/t2-trainspotting/

Little White Lies is not a Good Thing
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Eurgh.

Although I think T2 will be a stinker, heard it's all homage and nods to the original.
  • The choose life in the trailer screamed awful to me.
  • I like the idea of it as I kind of age with these mooks. If they've done it right, then it shouldn't be of much interest to anyone under middle age.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LWL was a good thing, until everybody congratulated them on good they were and they promptly disappeared up their own self-importance. That must have been well over a decade ago by now, unfortunately.

Watched Fantastic Beasts this afternoon and enjoyed it far more than I ever thought I could enjoy a Harry Potter film. Shame they plan a bunch of sequels, it works well as a short standalone riff. Good Sunday matinee fare.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    To be clear, I'm not really that fussed either way on T2. I'll see it, but don't really have hopes resting on it. Just thought that review is a piece of garbage fire
  • Little White Lies is fine.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    To be clear, I'm not really that fussed either way on T2. I'll see it, but don't really have hopes resting on it. Just thought that review is a piece of garbage fire
    Aye, it's far from essential, and it could well be a stinker, but I am curious...
  • My best mate worked on it as a grip so for his sake I hope it does really well cos he's really proud to have been part of it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have faith in Boyle.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I have faith in Boyle.
    This.

Only film of his I have seen but haven't loved is Slumdog. Decent film but a bit middle of the road for Boyle, it lacked what I like in his work.
  • La La Land was alright and good lord that Emma Stone sure is hawt, but she occasionally got that googly eye thing going on.

1421082167_emmastone-1446127484.gif?quality=.8&height=263&width=467

d41bb2cb1715be308f6fb8343cf221f4.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Screen%20Shot%202017-01-22%20at%2019.25.07_zpsuxtldgmk.png
  • Tried my best, but truly and deeply loathed Lllaaand. Shame, because I now feel like the kind of dope who sits perplexed while everyone laughs at the best joke. Ah well.
  • I think he should go back to painting houses.

Vile movie, that one.

Rumours of Wonder Woman and Justice League being bobbins too. Hopefully they'll accept then that they've fucked it all up and stop this nonsense.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • T2 looks great I think.

There's no way they can match the impact of the original, but the reviews have been very good.

And Boyle is about as good as they get.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I'm gonna tweet him and ask him if he thinks superhero movies are finally gonna take off.
  • DO IT.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Manchester by The Sea is a fucking banger. Very slow, nothing much truly happens but Casey is a dreamboat and nails the role, he should be getting the best actor at the oscars, and as Tempy said, that middle bit changes the entire film.
  • La La Land - good, not great. It's the film about Hollywood that comes out at Oscar time because the academy loves voting for films about Hollywood. Both leads were awesome although I don't have the same boner for Emma Stone that everyone else seems to. Like Birdman, I respect it more than I like it.

Arrival - in two minds.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    With you mentioning Arrival, I've been reading that collection of short stories some of you mentioned, and just about to begin the one Arrival is based on.

That guy can write intelligent sci-fi excellently, loved the first two.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!