Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Wee on the same page.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Piss flaps.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Fair enough, sometimes you have to squeeze.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched The Mummy the other night.  My god, the reviews were right, they were so right.  Right up there with Knight and Day as a Cruiser.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cloverfield Paradox.

Wow.

I'd heard it was bad, but it kind of caught me off guard. Totally rubs. 

Boring, bland and plain old stupid. 

As it went along it brought to mind Sunshine, then Event Horizon then ended up feeling most like a shit episode of Dr Who (I'm guessing - never managed a full one).  

I wonder if it started out as a Cloverfield film or was retrofitted? The ending at the very least seemed tacked on and desperate, nevermind how it undermines the anthology aspect of the series overall. 

It's a shame because there's plenty potential in there for some good old fashioned sci-fi exploration of big ideas. There could have been some stuff on population ethics in there, some multi-verse stuff, maybe some nature-of-consciousness stuff, but no. 

The really interesting thing about it is the way it was released, although I have heard that C4 is going to be theatrical again so maybe they knew they had a stinker on their hands and palmed it off to Netflix for a song?

Either way, it a 3.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Still better than Event Horizon though, right?  There’s always that.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Actually no I don't think so.

Not seen it in years, but at least the idea there was arresting. 

It was pretty shit for sure, but it had its own thing going on that people remember.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I have watched it recently.  It’s awful.  Not to say CP is great.  It also had some decent ideas and, just like Event Horizon, they were squandered.
    Get schwifty.
  • Has anybody seen Black Panther yet?

Taking the nephew tomorrow. 

Reading between the lines of what reviews i've seen, reckon it could be fairly special.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That would be a first for a Marvel movie.
    Get schwifty.
  • giphy.gif
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Cloverfield Paradox

It’s the 5th February. If I see a worse film this year I’ll be amazed. It’s an utter mess. The script is rubbish. It’s so boring from about 40 minutes. The CGI is decent enough as is the soundtrack. But none of it makes any sense. Waste of some very good actors but the director’s feeble attempts for me to give a shit about any of them show the limitations of this.

I implore you to avoid this. Utter dirge.

I feel I’m in dereliction of my duties every time one of you lot endures this pile of shite.

• JRPC wrote:
    Has anybody seen Black Panther yet?

Taking the nephew tomorrow. 

Reading between the lines of what reviews i've seen, reckon it could be fairly special.

I saw it yesterday and loved it. Wasn’t too sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. It tells a decent story, Wakanda looks incredible, the villain is one of the best yet and the action scenes are surprisingly great.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • JRPC wrote:
    Has anybody seen Black Panther yet? Taking the nephew tomorrow.  Reading between the lines of what reviews i've seen, reckon it could be fairly special.
    I saw it yesterday and loved it. Wasn’t too sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. It tells a decent story, Wakanda looks incredible, the villain is one of the best yet and the action scenes are surprisingly great.

Nice!

Yeah, have heard the villain's a good one.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Actually no I don't think so. Not seen it in years, but at least the idea there was arresting.  It was pretty shit for sure, but it had its own thing going on that people remember.

I really like Event Horizon. So there.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Actually no I don't think so. Not seen it in years, but at least the idea there was arresting.  It was pretty shit for sure, but it had its own thing going on that people remember.
    I really like Event Horizon. So there.

I liked Event Horizon but I haven't re-watched it since it came out at the cinema...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Event Horizon is fun nonsense, just like Cloverfeld 3.
    Get schwifty.
  • Apparently, Black Panther is going gangbusters at the box office which I think is great news. 

It also seems to be something of a cultural event, what with it being a "black movie" and all. Go Marvel!

Ooh that reminds me of this amazing tweet....

Emily-Tweet-720x585.jpg

Good point.

I don't want to appear racist by seeing it too early, but also can't wait a full fortnight before going so decided to sneak in tomorrow in blackface so as not to appear culturally insensitive.
  • It's also great news for the MCU as I'd imagine much of the old guard will be retiring with Avengers 3 and 4. 

Plenty of strong new blood for Phase 4 and beyond.

Now they've acquired Fox we finally, finally have a chance at a Xmen movie that worth watching and a bearable Fantastic Four.

What a time to be alive!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Was First Class not decent?  I honestly can’t remember.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah, apparently the others aren't though.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Was First Class not decent?  I honestly can’t remember.

No, First Class was rubbish too.

2 was ok back in the day. 

Ish.

The best is Days of Future Past but that too was burdened with the bad decisions they've been dragging from day 1.

There's at least one more coming I believe. Pheonix again. 

I'd rather watch a DC movie I think.
  • JRPC wrote:
    I'd rather watch a DC movie I think.

Whoa, steady on there.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yeah, that's just crazy talk.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Most of these super hero movies have been terrible.  Marvel have dragged the medium down to a new low.  Having said that, I’ve sort of enjoyed the first Thor and maybe sort of Wonder Woman.  Maybe also Guardians of the Galaxy.  Actually I thought Man of Steel was okay.
    Get schwifty.
  • Everyone seems to like different superhero films.  From your list, I thought Thor was dreadful, I'm in no rush to watch Wonder Woman, enjoyed GotG and really enjoyed Man of Steel despite the crap bits.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Wonder Woman was incredibly average. Not seen any of thr modern Superman films. Must get around to it sometime.
  • Is it fair to say it's a genre that depends on the mood of the viewer more than most?  My appreciation of most of them seems to be quite random compared to, say, friends or critics.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think Burton, and then Nolan, skewed my standards quite heftily.  A super hero film can be really great in the hands of a director with a bit vision.  It’s the same with Star Wars for me, really.  I just don’t really give a toss about these films because there’s nothing about them.  Give me a Marvel or Stars film by the likes of Fincher or Alfonso Cuarón and I’d be back on board.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!