jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Good for it. I just wish it had rather more consistent plot points/character behaviour so I could've enjoyed it more.
  • The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Despite the two leads being surprisingly likeable, the cinematography being lovely and the 60s setting being stylish af, it was decidedly average.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Aye, I thought it misfired badly. A real missed opportunity. Some folks seem to love it tho.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Watched The Ritual tonight and bloody loved it. Likeable characters, good setting and a surprising direction for the story as it progressed.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Pixar update:

Cars 3 on Netflix. 

Its fairly rubbish but just about pulls is back at the finale with enough broad sentimentality to be worth it.

The second least bad one. 

No more though. 

Coco. 

Had very high hopes for this, so much so that I bought it on Blueray. 

Its not bad at all, but is uber formulaic to the point where all the plot points are clear from the beginning. There are plot-holes galore and some of the characters act like total cunts. Plus, for a movie that's apparently all about music, there's very little in it and what's there is pretty shit. 

A just-about worthy addition to the PIxar canon I guess, but far from a classic and lacking in magic. 

Both absolutely beautiful on the OLED, mind. They've come an awful long way from TS1.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Coco was decent, but as you point out - absolutely fucking gorgeous to look at.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You Were Never Really Here. Had never heard of it, had no expectations and finally didn't think much of it at all. Moody emptiness with not much going on apart from Joaquin looking filthy. Dull and pointless but I liked the music.
  • Just watched that too. Jonny Greenwood init. I’m gonna have to work out what the fuck happened before I decide if I like it. Taken meets Taxi Driver maybe.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My most hyped film of the year. Lynn Ramsey is God tier.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ready Player One then. Yep as mentioned waaay too much CGI and way to long for a kids action film, or any action film for that matter. It felt like the end of Lord of The Rings, but you didn’t care about any of the characters. Some fun to be had in spotting some of the references, and on a personal level spotting local Brum landmarks from the real world, but that was it.
  • No. RP1 was so best. Much of the cg had heft i thought.i liked the characters. I went in expecting a valerian(chunder) level cg kickabout and was pleasantly surprised
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Twice now, I've watched Captain America: Civil War and I still can't remember how it ends, or even if it has an ending.
  • Spoiler:
  • That's the mid-credits scene.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They all had a fight and the good guys won.
  • Spoiler:
  • AJ wrote:
    That's the mid-credits scene.

But that's how it ends.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Syph79 wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    That's the mid-credits scene.

But that's how it ends.
    Well, no, if you’re going to be pedantic like that it ends with the end-credits scene, yeah? Spider-Man.
  • There's another one? Fair enough.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had forgotten about War Machine, TBF.

But yes, other than that, this will all have been dealt with by half an hour into IW.
  • Thinking of either going to see A Quiet Place or Ghost Stories tonight.  Which one is better?

(bearing in mind, I don't really do horror films, but both of these have piqued my interest, especially AQP and it's post-apocalyptic setting - which earlier trailers made no reference to!)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They both look good to be honest.

I think you should see both as a Tim/Jim from the Office double header.
  • Quiet Place was good. Lots to like but it has a poor plot that is easy to pull apart.

Didnt scare me once either.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Thinking of either going to see A Quiet Place or Ghost Stories tonight.  Which one is better?

(bearing in mind, I don't really do horror films, but both of these have piqued my interest, especially AQP and it's post-apocalyptic setting - which earlier trailers made no reference to!)

I’m going to see Ghost Stories tonight once the kids are in bed. Can’t wait.
    Love a late night solo cinema trip and have high hopes for this film, expecting to be suitably creeped out
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Quiet Place was good. Lots to like but it has a poor plot that is easy to pull apart. Didnt scare me once either.

First time in ages where I've read a high level description of a movie, and felt keen to watch it for that alone.

But I trust your review.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Quiet Place was good. Lots to like but it has a poor plot that is easy to pull apart. Didnt scare me once either.

Despite so much about A Quiet Place being good, the poor plot was so easy to pull apart (and so much of this could have been addressed at script level I would assume) that I was unable to conclude that it is a good film overall.

Also off to see Ghost Stories tonight so will see how that compares.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!