regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just saw Blockers. You should go see Blockers. It's so pure. Completely inclusive,really positive and forward thinking messages, all the Jokes are at the parents expense, but the girl daughters also get to be utter fuck ups too.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Just saw Blockers. You should go see Blockers. It's so pure. Completely inclusive,really positive and forward thinking messages, all the Jokes are at the parents expense, but the girl daughters also get to be utter fuck ups too.

The trailer for this looked dreadful but so far I am only hearing positive things about this. I likely won't go see it anyway.
  • JonB wrote:
    Halfway through Detroit.  The current scene isn't making much sense to me, so I think I'll come back to it after a nap.  
    Spoiler:
    I remember thinking the same at the time, but in the end the tension of the situation won out and made it very effective. The issue I had was more how much the first part of the film dragged on before we got to that. Made the whole thing overlong.

It was a good scene, everything else is very well handled, but I'd have preferred even a half-arsed attempt to pass that aspect off as something they may have done, just for the benefit of the viewer perhaps.  Even adding a couple of lines of dialogue, or having an earlier scene play out slightly differently would've sidestepped what strikes me as a pretty odd course of action from multiple characters.  I am occasionally guilty of pressing the 'heey, why didn't...' button in films, but I reckon this one's a biggie. 
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I also wondered why
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

The trailer for this looked dreadful but so far I am only hearing positive things about this. I likely won't go see it anyway.
    Seriously, I need to recommend it. Half empty cinema at 1pm that was still full of laughter and just such a positive movie to spend an afternoon
  • Is the latest Spiderman worth a watch?  I only liked no.2 of the Maguires (and parts of 3, admittedly), and only saw half of the first Garfield one.  But I do like the character and enjoyed the new one's cameo in whichever film he was in.  Civil War I think.
  • Got the Sky app open, so it's gonna be that, Wonder Woman or It Comes At Night.
  • Yeah it's a fun Spidey-in-High-School-Learning-Responsibility-With-A-Side-Helping-Of-Iron-Man-Father-Figure-Romp.
  • I'll go with that then, ta.  I liked the door hug from the trailer.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched Den of Thieves. Good brainless nonsense.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is the latest Spiderman worth a watch?  I only liked no.2 of the Maguires (and parts of 3, admittedly), and only saw half of the first Garfield one.  But I do like the character and enjoyed the new one's cameo in whichever film he was in.  Civil War I think.
    I actually really enjoyed new Spidermans, despite really low expectations going in.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah I thought it was good. Keaton had fun in it.
  • g.man wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is the latest Spiderman worth a watch?  I only liked no.2 of the Maguires (and parts of 3, admittedly), and only saw half of the first Garfield one.  But I do like the character and enjoyed the new one's cameo in whichever film he was in.  Civil War I think.
    I actually really enjoyed new Spidermans, despite really low expectations going in.

I loved it. Think Tom Holland makes an excellent Spider-Man and this one felt like a Marvel movie as directed by John Hughes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Aye, he was grand. Film was just good fun from start to finish.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Marissa Tomei is doing a great impersonation of a 36yr old.  I'm enjoying it.
  • I'm off to see Interstellar in 70mm at the PCC end of the month. Never seen the film, don't know anything about it other than my man McConaughey starts crying at various things on posted on the internet. Never been to a 70mm either. Rather pumped, tbh.
  • I love it, others hate it. I think whatever your stance it is a visual treat so should look great on 70mm.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Got the Sky app open, so it's gonna be that, Wonder Woman or It Comes At Night.

It Comes At Night is mostly good, mostly. It would be my recommendation of those options followed by Spiderman.
  • I love it, others hate it. I think whatever your stance it is a visual treat so should look great on 70mm.

Aye that's my thinking; a friend wanted to see it, I wanted to see a 70mm film, it seems to tick all the boxes. Plus, McConaughey.

Give me the Space.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Interstellar is wonderful. That scene still makes me blub.
  • No spoils ya shower.
  • Watch Contact when you get in, keep the feels going.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Got the Sky app open, so it's gonna be that, Wonder Woman or It Comes At Night.
    It Comes At Night is mostly good, mostly. It would be my recommendation of those options followed by Spiderman.

Nice.  Will watch tomorrow probably.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Watch Contact when you get in, keep the feels going.

That's actually been on my watch list for a while, it popped up again last week whilst listening to the Adam Buxton podcast. I need to plug the gaping Contact hole.
  • Watched Den of Thieves. Good brainless nonsense.

Was gonna watch that, it's 2h20 though so fucked if I've got time/patience for that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Agreed.

Also agreed.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I'm off to see Interstellar in 70mm at the PCC end of the month. Never seen the film, don't know anything about it other than my man McConaughey starts crying at various things on posted on the internet. Never been to a 70mm either. Rather pumped, tbh.

This’ll sound good ultra cliche, but get very stoned before you go in - it’s one of my go-to stoned films. There’s a 45 minute sequence in the film that is just...astonishing. Some of the best cinema of recent years.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yeah Interstellar is wonderful. Much like Mr Mahogany I too was blubbering at points during the movie. Great, great stuff.

Unlike The Commuter. Fuck that shit. Seriously fuck that fucking movie.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I need no encouragement to get baked, I shall take man's recommendation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!