Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I haven't read that.
  • Heh. Seriously though The Green Mile, 11.22.63 and Revival are great, and the Mr Mercedes trilogy is a cracking read.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Was the book any good?

It is a good book. The story of Danny now being older and battling his own issues with addiction, sins of the Father, being haunted by what happened at the hotel is all great. There is another plot line which isn't so great but overall it's a good book and worth a read. If you've read the shining that is. If you've only seen the film it won't make as much sense.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So there will have to be some fairly radical changes in the adaptation, then, as it’s a sequel to Kubrick’s film.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hereditary. Enjoyable. Watched it with wifey who likes a fright. Doesn't overdo jumpy and is better for it.  More creepy than scary which I prefer. Some splendid atmospheric lighting and camerawork. One or two silly bits toward the end spoil it very slightly. Enjoyed the story.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Heh. Seriously though The Green Mile, 11.22.63 and Revival are great, and the Mr Mercedes trilogy is a cracking read.

I felt the third part of the Mr Mercedes trilogy was very, very shit. Like really bad. The first part was great though.

I'm in the camp that he hasn't written any good horror for about 30 years.
  • Gotta be honest it doesn't sound good.
    I can get on board for a film adaptation of the sequel to the book but not a sequel to the film based on the book. If that makes sense.

I like both the book and film of The Shining, in fact I think it is one of the best adaptations of a book as Kubrick used the core of the book to create a film rather than butchering a book to make it fit.
    He understood the difference between the two media.

I don't think anyone but Kubrick could make a sequel to his own movies and even then he wouldnt, he said everything there was to say in that one screening.
  • Yup. I doubt very much anyone who watched Kubrick's version of The Shining left the theatre wondering what happened next...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Case in point, The Excorcist 2: The Heretic. What a lot of old shite that was.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Was the book any good?

Book was decent - pretty standard King.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • WorKid wrote:
    Heh. Seriously though The Green Mile, 11.22.63 and Revival are great, and the Mr Mercedes trilogy is a cracking read.

I felt the third part of the Mr Mercedes trilogy was very, very shit. Like really bad. The first part was great though.

I'm in the camp that he hasn't written any good horror for about 30 years.

Yeah I agree, it was pretty weak. First was excellent as you say.
  • Heritage opening 30 minutes was great and then it took a nose dive. Hype killed this fucking film.

A lot of plot points weren't 100% clear to me. I'm sure it all ties into the mythology of
    Spoiler:

yet it seemed more like it was a case of chucking a load of random ideas together.

That said, it was nice to watch a horror that was actually directed, with good cinematography and extremely well acted.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I don’t doubt there is a readable subtext and some of it is has a interesting play on the ideas of sanctuaries and sources of threat. And some of the acting is exceptional. But
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Case in point, The Excorcist 2: The Heretic. What a lot of old shite that was.

That one was so bad it was actually funny. Worth a watch when in the mood for watching a really crap film. Richard Burton is along for the ride. The build up was probably hype-tastic at the time.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Rewatched that a couple of months ago. It’s bad all right.
    Get schwifty.
  • Looks like Travolta's Gotti biopic is a turd.
    0% on Rotten Tomatoes and describe as "the worst mob-movie ever made".

Now I have to see it.
  • Looks like Travolta's Gotti biopic is a turd.
    0% on Rotten Tomatoes and describe as "the worst mob-movie ever made".

Now I have to see it.

I was just reading about that. I had no idea it was even a thing, I’ll have to stream it at some point out of morbid curiosity
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Hereditary.  I liked it but much like everyone else, I think it went awry at the end.  Left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth which was a shame.  If the last third had been of the quality of the first, we'd have a sensation.

The wee lassie looked like Piers Morgan, which was a bit of an issue.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    No it can't because it's already made $150 million without being released in the usa.

Fucking misery

Orrrr, maybe, just mayyyyybe a lot of people wanted it, and a lot of those people enjoyed it?
  • Apparently the boys who did Starry Eyes are doing a Pet Sematary remake thats started shooting. Another unnecessary remake but the fact it's them means I have some interest
  • Might go see a movie tonight.
    Torn between the fun popcorn fest that is Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (I know some of you didn’t like it, I really enjoyed the last one and have it on good Authority I’m likely to enjoy this one) or Hereditary.
    I know which one will be the better film but the question is if I’m able to take a late night screening of the latter and still sleep later
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Hereditary is quite slow and moody so if you just want to shut your brain off I'd go JP. Haven't seen it myself yet though as it's not out here until Thursday
  • Just watched Cronenberg's The Fly.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk
  • Haha. I watched it not so long ago.
    Seriously fucked up, both in terms of visuals and how Goldblum's personality is taken over by the primal urges of the fly.

It definitely falls into that category of a B movie that transcends the typical.
  • It's really very traumatic.
  • So is the sequel. But not in a good way.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Oceans 8 is about 2hr of Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett dressed as badass cool godesses. It’s pretty good at what it wants to do.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I saw Hereditary and love love loved it and was ever so impressed with the technical aspects but also, like all the best horror films, the meaningful themes that underpinned the creeping madness.
    I don’t doubt there is a readable subtext and some of it is has a interesting play on the ideas of sanctuaries and sources of threat. And some of the acting is exceptional. But
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    I saw Hereditary and love love loved it and was ever so impressed with the technical aspects but also, like all the best horror films, the meaningful themes that underpinned the creeping madness.
    I don’t doubt there is a readable subtext and some of it is has a interesting play on the ideas of sanctuaries and sources of threat. And some of the acting is exceptional. But
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • So cineworld unlimited secret show was a nice surprise today: the incredibles 2!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!