Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Aliens vs lions
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

• ARRRRRRRRRsene WENGERRRRRRRRRR JON FAVRE-FAVRE-FAVREAUUUUUUUUUUU

So excited for this, The Jungle Book remake is one of my favourite films ever.
  • Jungle Book was great, and that looks massively impressive too.

Can't help feeling a bit 'meh' at Disney rehashing their best hits as live-action / CG stuff though. Seems a bit creatively bereft, especially as they all seem to be basicaly retreads.

Having said that, of coure I'll watch it and probably love it deeply. Because aminals.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I once went to see the Jungle Book on acid. It was great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How did they get The Jungle Book to take the acid?
  • Kow wrote:
    How did they get The Jungle Book to take the acid?

It was all a bit confusing but it was definitely not acting normal. I think someone gave some to the popcorn too. I don't recommend popcorn on acid.
  • You're not supposed say the r-word any more Jim.
  • I go my own way.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Suspiria is fucking weeeeeird as fuuuuuuck. And it’s a testament to the skills of those involved that everything inside doesn’t raise a large number of smug laughs. You can see that the same contents could lead to something hokey.

Tilda Swinton is one hell of a performer (of course you know this).
  • She is my gay crush.
  • Visiting my Dad for the weekend and things have suddenly got very, very tense.

He has chosen to watch Pretty Woman over Lethal Weapon 2 and I just cannot fathom this decision.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • My dad would do the same. For some reason he ranks that as his second fave film after Falling Down. I don’t understand either.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Visiting my Dad for the weekend and things have suddenly got very, very tense.

He has chosen to watch Pretty Woman over Lethal Weapon 2 and I just cannot fathom this decision.

He's a monster.
  • It's a close call for me, I really like Pretty Woman.
    Which Lethal Weapon is that? If it's "Diplomatic immunity" then it wins, if not Pretty Woman.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Both Pretty Woman and Lethal Weapon are shit. There, settled.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Lethal Woman might be good.
  • Pretty Weapon sounds bad.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It's a close call for me, I really like Pretty Woman.
    Which Lethal Weapon is that? If it's "Diplomatic immunity" then it wins, if not Pretty Woman.

Yep that’s the one. The best one of the series and a stone cold classic.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Yeah, worth it to sit there for 2 hours doing bad South African accents.
  • Two hours of bad South African accents that's responsible for 30 years of bad South African accents.
  • All South African accents are bad.
  • Bob Mortimer does a cracking Saaf Affricken accent.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The ballad of buster scrugs - I'm not entirely sure what the point was in all honesty. Most of the stories were fine, but it felt more like a vanity project than a proper film to me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    All South African accents are bad.

Fack ooof prawn!
  • Watched Buster Scruggs last night as well. I thought it was pretty great. Liked the different tone and styles of the stories and the overall theme running through it. It was only the last one that I didn't really get. The Tom Waits one was probably the highlight.
  • djchump wrote:
    Bob Mortimer does a cracking Saaf Affricken accent.

Fahkin geng-bengers! Ya gotta luv em!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Watched Buster Scruggs last night as well. I thought it was pretty great. Liked the different tone and styles of the stories and the overall theme running through it. It was only the last one that I didn't really get. The Tom Waits one was probably the highlight.

I watched it the other day, didn't like much of it as the tone and jokes clash too often for me. I get how that can be a good thing but for me it didn't work here.

Best ones were gold digger and the last one, very sinister and macabre. I red Tin's bit earlier and it's apparently referencing something I'm unfamiliar with, so I feel like I'm missing something there, and had that feeling throughout the whole thing to be honest.

Also watched Hangman on Netflix. I'd not heard of it before, and now I know why, it's shite. A Seven style thriller with some shocking parts from Karl Urban (who I usually like) and Pacino (who I usually detest and is consistent here). Avoid.
  • JonB wrote:
    The Tom Waits one

God lord it is as well. That totally passed me by when I watched it.
  • JonB wrote:
    Watched Buster Scruggs last night as well. I thought it was pretty great. Liked the different tone and styles of the stories and the overall theme running through it. It was only the last one that I didn't really get. The Tom Waits one was probably the highlight.
    I watched it the other day, didn't like much of it as the tone and jokes clash too often for me. I get how that can be a good thing but for me it didn't work here. Best ones were gold digger and the last one, very sinister and macabre. I red Tin's bit earlier and it's apparently referencing something I'm unfamiliar with, so I feel like I'm missing something there, and had that feeling throughout the whole thing to be honest. Also watched Hangman on Netflix. I'd not heard of it before, and now I know why, it's shite. A Seven style thriller with some shocking parts from Karl Urban (who I usually like) and Pacino (who I usually detest and is consistent here). Avoid.

I don't think the stuff I referenced is anything that you've missed really, it was just me reflecting that it reminded me of a Beckett play (or Pinter for that matter).  I have no idea if it's deliberate on their part, and I certainly don't think it makes it any clearer what, exactly, is happening.
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!