Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    Seriously though, it's literally the only film that's ever made me nearly cry I think.
    Really? Up, Shadowlands, House of Sand and Fog, Finding Neverland, Field of Dreams (every damn time)... my list is extensive.

Amour, Dancer in the Dark, Armageddon
  • Forrest Gump (I know, but Jennayyyyy)
    Batteries not Included
    Schindler's List
    What Dreams May Come (although literally anything with Williams in will now set me off)
    Toy Story 3
    Homeward Bound
    The Green Mile
    Christopher Robin

I'm sure there are more I have forgotten.

Loss of innocence is a real trigger.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What dreams may come was powerful at the time. Haven’t gone back to it.

While the Green Mike packs a punch I think the moment Red says “I guess I just miss my friend” in Shawshank gets me every time.
  • Pre kids i don't recall crying at movies, post kids and the death of my dad then pretty much anything soppy or happy or sad in films sees me blinking away 'something in my eyes'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • As a kid lemme just say my bottom lip was QUIVERING when it looked like Johnny 5 was gonna die in Short Circuit 2.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Interstellar.
    I, Daniel Blake.
  • The new Watership Down looks to have been animated by someone on work experience trying to get their GNVQ in computers.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Interstellar.

What?!!

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The Green Mile

Oh heck yes.

Also: Saving Private Ryan. Saw it in the cinema, and there was a family behind me that included an old gent that I'm guessing had seen action in WW2. I was fine until that bit where the German kills one of Hanks' crew with a bayonet while tellling him to shush. Old guy behind me broke down and that was it for me. Niagra Falls.

Also also: Seven Pounds. Mrs J loves it. I refuse to watch it again because the horror.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are a few that will quiver a lip for me.

The first few minutes of Up...........I am terrified of dying first and leaving Wifey alone (we have 2 daughters so it's an irrational fear but I still don't want her to be left)

The Jessie song in Toy Story 2.......for me - as a father becoming less important in a daughter's life as she grows up.

The very end of Shawshank - the Oceanside embrace. It's like two people meeting again in heaven - which I think strikes a cord with me as it sparks imagining meeting my father again like that - even though I'm not a religious person.

The end sequence of Cinema Paradiso. For reasons I can't go into as it's hard to put into words - but it's kind of about not me not showing enough love.

Schindler's List - 2 parts - when the wee girl in the red coat hides under the bed and when Neeson's Schindler breaks down - "I could have done more".

Once Upon a Time in America - when child Deborah doesn't let child Noodles in to hide. There's another little scene in the back room between them where she states her love but knows it can't happen because it will draw her into his world. Deborah's Theme really punches my crumple button generally. Morricone really knows howto draw out emotion.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    House of Sand and Fog

Oh man, haven't thought about that in years. That ending ruined me at the time. Connelly and Kingsley were both great in it, too.
  • the start of UP is beautiful, but it doesn't get the waterworks going for me, i think cos it's a gentle  buildup to a sombre moment...it's more the 'dramatic upswell' moments that catch me.
    Finding Nemo gets me more, the bit when 
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cosby wrote:
    House of Sand and Fog
    Oh man, haven't thought about that in years. That ending ruined me at the time. Connelly and Kingsley were both great in it, too.

Kingsley...
    Spoiler:

Honestly, I sobbed like a baby.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yup. Streaming tears at that point. It was particularly weird being the only person in the cinema for that showing.
  • That's always weird isn't it?

I remember being the only person in the cinema for Matchstick Men, just 5 days after it was released. Very strange feeling.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    It probably depends on the type of film for me. A bigger audience is definitely better for action and comedies but a slow burn drama wouldn't bother me as much. I think it was the sudden feeling of isolation during HOSAF that hit me.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    Interstellar.
    What?!!
    Spoiler:
  • jdanielp wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    Interstellar.
    What?!!
    Spoiler:

I may be biased. I didn't like the film that much.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    I, Daniel Blake.
    Oh man. I quite often well up at films, but this is the only one in recent years that has left me actually crying. It totally snuck up on me as well. There's just an overall build up of desperation from the start and then finally it got to that food bank scene and suddenly I just went.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    I, Daniel Blake.
    Oh man. I quite often well up at films, but this is the only one in recent years that has left me actually crying. It totally snuck up on me as well. There's just an overall build up of desperation from the start and then finally it got to that food bank scene and suddenly I just went.

I usually stay in the cinema until the end of the credits to respect the filmmakers, enjoy the music, spot interesting thank yous/locations etc., but this was one occasion when I needed to stay several minutes after the credits to compose myself.
  • I wasn't in the cinema, fortunately. Actually, the ending
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Amour. Fuck sake.
  • All three of the Before films have had me crying.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    The Before films

?

Before?

Before That?

Even Before That?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    The Before films
    ? Before? Before That? Even Before That?

Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight - I'm assuming.
  • Not Scandinavian then.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Land Before Time
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    The Before films
    ? Before? Before That? Even Before That?

Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight - I'm assuming.

Bingo.
  • God I hated those films, insufferable people.

I blubbed like a child during Daniel Blake.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Argentinean film The Bride's Son and Spanish film Camino, which oscillates between bawling and incandescent rage.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!