Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I'm a sucker for one room/location movies.
    Everything from Cube to 12 Angry Men.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I'm a sucker for one room/location movies. Everything from Cube to 12 Angry Men.

You'll fucking love The Guilty then. Its set entirely in a police dispatch centre.
  • Nice. Will grab that tomorrow.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm so fucking hyped for Us, but sadly the missus dislikes horror so I'll be waiting for a watch. Might try and convince her Sunday, Home are showing it.
  • Room was absolutely brilliant, so many positives to say but least of all that it spent the majority of its length telling the tale we normally only get a 30 second slow mo, masculine view of. Just excellent.

Bohemian Rhapsody, or a tleast 15 minutes of it.
    Well, the guy playing Freddy is doing his best but fuck the fucking rest of this white wash crap. May and Taylor can go in the fucking bin.
    No surprise the fucking kiddy fiddler director shys away from homosexuality.
    Edit: should clarify I dont think homosexual people are kiddy fiddlers, more that kiddy fiddlers are often masking homosexuality.
  • Gave it another few minutes. Until they came up with an album, the name, the logo and then he is lying on the bed with a piano headboard playing Bohemian Rhapsody. In one night.

Get fucked, just fucking die May, Taylor and Singer.

Poor Freddy. I hope him and George are having a fucking riot wherever they are. Too good for this world.
  • Shame Abrahamson's follow-up is gash. Adam & Paul is his other great work.

Much love for Garage?  Adam & Paul is great but wowee, Garage.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm a sucker for one room/location movies.

Been meaning to watch 12 Angry Men.
    Also Pontypool.

Did you watch Cube 3 Liv? It was actually okay. The 2nd wasn't so good.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Edit: should clarify I dont think homosexual people are kiddy fiddlers, more that kiddy fiddlers are often masking homosexuality.

What the fuck?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He means he's not sure who he hates more, kiddy fiddlers or gays.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

What the fuck?

Isn't the issue with Brian singer more about him sexual assaulting young men and not being a paedophile?

Not that I'm excusing either action.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Or that kiddy fiddling is a gateway to homosexuality?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Sorry I fucked that right up and the caveat made it sound worse. I jumped way ahead in a conversation in my own mind and got to Spacey coming out as some kind of poor attempt at an apology.
    It makes no sense what I wrote above.

To clarify.
    Nothing against anyone LGBTQ+
    Not all peados are gay.
    Not all gays are peados.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm a sucker for one room/location movies. Everything from Cube to 12 Angry Men.

You could try Await Further Instructions

on Netflix which features a family trapped in a house for the entire family. It's a british horror. But not in a good way.
    The Forum Herald™
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm a sucker for one room/location movies.

Me too. I once saw a play that was just set in a bathroom. Dad was having a bath and chatted to his family when they came in to pee. It was ace.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Been out to the cinema to watch Us. It's a good one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Seeing it in he morrow
  • I think I will try and see that and Destroyer and Lego this week. Finally have some days off work!!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Batman Forever last night which flora was curious about after enjoying Batman / Returns.
    When I was 9 and this movie came out, I made a "Bat-book" , taking pictures from other magazines and making my own "collectors guide". I was obsessed. We saw it for my 10th birthday I believe then saw it the next again week.

Time has not been kind. Schumacher talked of making a movie for the MTV generation with this, and he has indeed succeeded in making a Mish mash of every bad 1990s music video ever. Killer's batman is boring, Carrey is doing an Ace Ventura, Lee Jones is basically delivering a knock off Nicholson-Joker, and Nicole Kidman wants to literally fuck bats. Chris O Donnell shows up as the "definitely not getting groomed by batman" Dick Grayson, lured in by the promise of a nice vintage motorbike. His overeagerness and the ridiculous nature of Robin stunts (the faff to get in the batcave) are the movies saving grace, as perhaps is the lurid neon Gotham.

It's active trash and it makes you stupid watching it. You can tell there's a longer cut out there because the editing is fucking brutal. There's masses of cut scenes including some vital to plot.

Worst bit? Flora now wants to see true hell, Batman and Robin.
  • B&R takes it all further and is the better for it.
    It's totally campy, totally stupid trash but I like it. Indulge it for what it is and there is fun to be had.

I dont mind Forever but it's not good. Tommy Lee Jones is absolutely awful in it.
  • Kilmer is under rated and that u2 theme rocks!

Anyway I saw Looper and it was fucking brilliant Nolan should
    Be made to watch this.

That’s high you introduce high concept sci-fi and don’t spend three hours boring the pants off you.

Emily blunt was good Willis was good i really enjoyed it 8 silver bars out of 10
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Batman forever was never a good film.
  • I rewatched Looper recently and it stands up well. Top tier sci-fi trash.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Us is a solid 3 star horror movie that is enlivened by Jordan Peele's ability to get good solid laughs without losing tone. It suffers from a common horror second film director syndrome, namely trying to overreach itself, when it could have been more self contained. But man I'll give it for that outrageous score during the final confrontation. If you've seen it, you fucking know.
  • The Dirt

This Motley Crue bio pic is new on Netflix 

Never read the book and was never really aware of them at the time, obvs nirvana and Guns N’ Roses where more my thing. (There’s a poster of Pearl Jam but other wise the rise of grunge is glossed over).

Some how the recreation of the outfits and make up isn’t quite right. The guy from misfits/game of thrones is miscast and it probably doesn’t go quite far enough,

Still it’s fairly enjoyable. 

Six bottles of jack out of ten.
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just in case you have seen Us enjoy the music below from the ending. Fucking outrageous.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    The Dirt

Never read the book and was never really aware of them at the time, obvs nirvana and Guns N’ Roses where more my thing. (There’s a poster of Pearl Jam but other wise the rise of grunge is glossed over).

Some how the recreation of the outfits and make up isn’t quite right. The guy from misfits/game of thrones is miscast and it probably doesn’t go quite far enough,

I enjoyed it and I thought it was deliberately a mess, just like the band. There's no attempt to tell a story, no attempt at any kind of logical progression, no explanation for anything. Singer shows up for audition and they play the first song off one of their albums note for note. Some kid shows up and offers to manage them and suddenly they're huge, for no reason. For some reason towards the end they start taking to the camera too. And at the end of the day they're the Motley Crue so all the music is shite.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Green Book was okay, top acting but formulaic as fuck. Some decent lols.
  • Kow wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    The Dirt

R

I enjoyed it and I thought it was deliberately a mess, just like the band. There's no attempt to tell a story, no attempt at any kind of logical progression, no explanation for anything. Singer shows up for audition and they play the first song off one of their albums note for note. Some kid shows up and offers to manage them and suddenly they're huge, for no reason. For some reason towards the end they start taking to the camera too. And at the end of the day they're the Motley Crue so all the music is shite.

I liked the sequence of an average day on tour for tommy lee

It astounds me they where ever that popular

Yes I enjoyed it for what it was though
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm watching it now. Its dumb and fun (and very mysoginistic) which sums up Motley Crue. The Ozzy stuff, no film can match the insanity that actually happened with them together. Ozzy's biography is a great read if you want rock stories.

The yanks lapped up this shit though, funny to see how the US and UK went in polar opposite directions post punk.

If you want an actual doc of a band from this era the Twisted Sister one on Netflix is worth a watch, I'm not a fan of theirs but its interesting how they formed and the mentality behind their look and sound.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!