Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I missed about 30 seconds and then was confused with what was happening. It was when 
    Spoiler:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    He wont do it again though.

Cos you killed him in anger?
    Eye lazers burnt his soul.
  • Yea I refuse to go to the local multiplex. If I will go it’s often into London for The Prince Charles Cinema, tend to find the audiences there are usually quite well behaved.

I've found it depends on the film with the PCC, I've been to plenty of film showings where people thinking because they're in a 'filmy' cinema and believe themselves 'filmy' people they can natter about shot composition or mise en scene throughout. Wankers. Happens in the downstairs screen a lot I find. Hasn't happened yet in the upstairs screen. In general I've had more negative audience experiences at the PCC than positive. At least at an Odeon I expect some level of ignorance.
  • Really? That’s shocking. I’ve had mostly positive experiences.
    I’ve only had one in which people were talking but when I stood up and told them I didn’t pay to hear their commentary they shut up.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Time for the man of spider!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Can people really not go to the toilet and avoid eating for 2 hours?

It isn't as if the film start time is a surprise (given it's almost 30mins after the effing published start time anyhow)

And if you are late you don't get in. Fuck off.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Can people really not go to the toilet and avoid eating for 2 hours?

It isn't as if the film start time is a surprise (given it's almost 30mins after the effing published start time anyhow)

And if you are late you don't get in. Fuck off.

Agreed. Especially the last part. I’d like to see entry blocked once 10 minutes after the film starts
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s easily done, 10 minutes after the film starts, whip out your phone and buy every other ticket in the screening.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Saw Spiderman last night. It's the school holidays in Scotland and there were lots of teenagers in the screening. After the first hour or so there was a constant stream of people coming and going (presumably) to and from the toilet. Disappointing. I most enjoyed the first half hour or so until the first action scene, which I think was coincidence but I can't imagine that the constant low-level disruption helped with my enjoyment of the rest of the film. I preferred Homecoming but this was fine.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That’s easily done, 10 minutes after the film starts, whip out your phone and buy every other ticket in the screening.

Do you even need to buy them? Just add them to your basket so they’re reserved for like 20mins or so.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I remember when I was a teenager and there used to be ushers in every screening who would keep people like that in line, shushing those who talked, removed those who were being a nuisance and not letting late comers in
  • I was late for opening night End Game cos of a traffic diversion and subsequent jams. They’d have had a fight on their hands if they’d stopped me going in.
  • I remember when I was a teenager and there used to be ushers in every screening who would keep people like that in line, shushing those who talked, removed those who were being a nuisance and not letting late comers in

Staffing cutbacks, innit.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I was late for opening night End Game cos of a traffic diversion and subsequent jams. They’d have had a fight on their hands if they’d stopped me going in.

The kind of late I’m talking about is wandering in after half an hour disturbing everyone
  • Oh yeah, they can fuck right off.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    It doesn't help on the occasions where the cinema shows barely any ads and trailers compared to the usual 20-30 minutes.
  • Fucking 45 last night for Spidey
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Jeez. Was that Odeon? Might have time for a drink at the Lane Ends tomorrow or Monday next week!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched Terminator Genisys.

A load of old twaddle but I enjoyed it in a weird way. It actually could have been rather good but they made such an arse of the storyline by throwing too much into it. Wouldn't watch it again of course. 

Turning such a great franchise into a caper film is inexcusable but then there is a buffer between this and T1 & T2 so that's OK.
  • Saw the trailer for the new Terminator before Spiderman.
    It's a hard no for me.

I've seen a fair few people willing to give it a chance because Cameron is attached.
    The only credit I remember seeing was "Story by James Cameron".
    That claim could have been attached to any of the sequels.
  • Preeeeetty sure he's on as producer and creative consultant too. Or something. He didn't have the rights for any of the others after 2 I think but now it's back with his company.
  • Not that it makes it look at better
  • Yeah, it all sounds very hands off.
  • The only reason I might even consider watching it is because I think Mackenzie Davis is great. It looks like a wreck of a movie though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Preeeeetty sure he's on as producer and creative consultant too. Or something. He didn't have the rights for any of the others after 2 I think but now it's back with his company.

This. He’s kind of saying ignore everything after T2 this is the real sequel. But on a promo tour he would say that. But I am going to give it benefit of the doubt. Who’s directing?
  • Tim Miller. Director of Deadpool.
  • I'm gonna go off the trailer which looks utter crap.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Jeez. Was that Odeon? Might have time for a drink at the Lane Ends tomorrow or Monday next week!

Vue. Possibly worth the trade off for better seats though.
  • When I saw Midsommar last week there was only about 6 people in the cinema but one of them spent the entire film sloooooowly unwrapping boiled sweets in that way you know that they're trying to do it quietly but it actually makes the whole thing even more drawn out and annoying.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Preeeeetty sure he's on as producer and creative consultant too. Or something. He didn't have the rights for any of the others after 2 I think but now it's back with his company.
    This. He’s kind of saying ignore everything after T2 this is the real sequel. But on a promo tour he would say that. But I am going to give it benefit of the doubt. Who’s directing?

Nothing was needed after T2.

By all means keep the basic concept for a new film but pick up a different storyline within that universe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!