Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    When I saw Midsommar last week there was only about 6 people in the cinema but one of them spent the entire film sloooooowly unwrapping boiled sweets in that way you know that they're trying to do it quietly but it actually makes the whole thing even more drawn out and annoying.

Slow burn disruption.
  • Scout wrote:
    When I saw Midsommar last week there was only about 6 people in the cinema but one of them spent the entire film sloooooowly unwrapping boiled sweets in that way you know that they're trying to do it quietly but it actually makes the whole thing even more drawn out and annoying.

Not sure why anyone thinks individually wrapped anything could be a good idea.
    I think I get more annoyed when there's a troublemaker in an almost empty theatre.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t make trouble, I just sit directly behind the only other person in there.
  • Scout wrote:
    Not sure why anyone thinks individually wrapped anything could be a good idea. I think I get more annoyed when there's a troublemaker in an almost empty theatre.
    People are just rubbish. If you're going to bring an annoying sweet like that into the cinema then bloody well unwrap 20 of them before you enter.
  • The person i told to shut up also had sour cream and chive Pringles, an inexcusably stinky snack. Plus popcorn in a foil bag that was fucking everywhere after they left.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Annoying cunts far outweigh any benefits of seeing a film in the cinema. I've been once in the last 5 years.
  • We should open our own theatre.

Imagine having to put up with fucking customers though. Ugh.
  • Each theatre only has one seat in it
  • poprock wrote:
    We should open our own theatre.
    Imagine having to put up with fucking customers though. Ugh.

Oh we won't let them in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyone seen Apollo 11?

It's on at my local indie this evening - might go watch it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Heard it’s good but not got round to watching it yet.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yes. Probably the best documentary I've seen.
  • Kow wrote:
    Annoying cunts far outweigh any benefits of seeing a film in the cinema. I've been once in the last 5 years.
    I often feel like this even though I go to the cinema fairly regularly. It's very rare these days that there isn't at least one annoying person in every screening. I'm planning to see Spider-Man Far From Home but have spent the last week putting it off due to the anxiety.
  • This is unexpected. Katsuhiro Otomo is making a new film.

But, and this is probably bigger news, he’s also working on a TV show sequel to Akira. Seriously. With the animation studio at Bandai Namco.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Woah, that’s kind of huge.
  • Kow wrote:

Same. I used to go all the time but now it’s only for films I can’t risk being spoiled such as Avengers Endgame. I’ll happily wait for a home release.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I don’t make trouble, I just sit directly behind the only other person in there.
    I went to a screening and was the only one in there.
    5 minutes into the film a young lady with Down’s syndrome comes in with her carer. Her carer sits them both down right next to me.
    She then started talking loudly and chewing loud nachos.

I debated moving as I didn’t want to seem offensive or insensitive then remembered I paid £12 and I didn’t want my film ruined.

So I moved to the opposite side of the screening room. Her carer gave me the filthiest look.

But I got to see the film in peace. It was either that or ask them both to shut up, figured it was the most appropriate move.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I went to a screening and was the only one in there. 5 minutes into the film a young lady with Down’s syndrome comes in with her carer. Her carer sits them both down right next to me. She then started talking loudly and chewing loud nachos. I debated moving as I didn’t want to seem offensive or insensitive then remembered I paid £12 and I didn’t want my film ruined. So I moved to the opposite side of the screening room. Her carer gave me the filthiest look. But I got to see the film in peace. It was either that or ask them both to shut up, figured it was the most appropriate move.

When we went to see Into the Spider-verse there was a man with (probably) Downs who arrived a little late with his carer and sat in the row behind us. He repeatedly reached forwards to pat the bald head of the guy sitting next to me, before giggling loudly and repeating.

This went on for a little while, before the balding gentleman (who hadn't seen them arrive) finally lost his temper, spun round and started shouting at the top of his voice, only to suddenly realise what was going on, and stop mid sentence.  To his immense credit he then sat back down and ignored the guy behind him for the rest of the film (the cinema was packed, so there was no moving elsewhere) - then at the end of the movie he climbed over the seat and gave the man who'd been merrily playing bongos on his head a huge hug and apologised for shouting at him.  It was oddly touching.
  • That’s really sweet. I’m glad that there are good people out there like that :)
    I spend all day dealing with horrible people, I needed to hear that.
  • That's a lovely story.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Plane movies

Lego movie 2 - really meme-ish first 30 minutes, and even too much for old reg. Last half much better. Not a patch on the first, and the series is definitely going diminishing returns.

Die Hard With a Vengeance always at the bottom of my list of og 3 movies, and somewhat contentiously. Much better when I watched it there, probably first time in 15 years. Completely forgot the last 15 minutes and how it used a Twin Peaks plot line there.
  • Yeah, nice story, but did the carer not think to lean over and mention the man’s condition and request some patience and understanding from the start etc.?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yeah, nice story, but did the carer not think to lean over and mention the man’s condition and request some patience and understanding from the start etc.?

I was thinking this. Surely part of the carers role is to handle situations like this and not just let the person slap strangers heads?!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Maybe the carer was doing the Michael Jackson gif.
  • Carers are not always very caring. For some folks it’s just a job.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Apollo 11 was great.

There were 2 arseholes just within earshot who were speaking for about 5 mins shortly after it started. I was about to speak to them and thankfully they shut up.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Carers are not always very caring. For some folks it’s just a job.

For others it’s what they have to for their family members, unpaid, on top of their jobs.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Maybe the carer was doing the Michael Jackson gif.
    Haha.

I remember watching Farenheit 9/11 with a guy with Down's Syndrome sitting behind us. It mostly made no difference at all, except during the footage of the Abu Ghraib torture/humilation, which he found hilarious.
  • So Empire mag are doing a thing for their 30th anniversary issue: Vote for your favourite films of the last 30 years.

The idea is to pick your favourite film from each and every year that the mag has been running. It takes a bit of research, but I had a go.
    Empire wrote:
    These can be the films that impressed you the most, that ones that stuck with you, that brought you joy, or came to you at just the right time. Epic or intimate, home-grown or foreign language, prestige pictures or not-so-guilty pleasures – we want your personal list, your personal choices, of the films that matter the most to you.

Obviously, 30 films is a long list … so I’m gonna post mine here in spoiler tags to keep it from fucking up the thread. Anyone else fancy a go?

Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!