Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Prometheus is a close second. Possibly my longest ever post.
  • Last Jedi must be in with a shout
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I still haven't seen Interstellar. Hopefully it's still on Prime.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Prometheus is a close second. Possibly my longest ever post.

I like a good Prometheus slagging off discussion.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Last Jedi must be in with a shout

Yes and I'm glad after that epic debate we all calmed down and realised its not that bad a movie really.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I still haven't seen Interstellar. Hopefully it's still on Prime.

It’s not, unfortunately.  But Predestination is.  Have you still not watched that yet, because it’s really very good?
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ugh I didnt mean to start this. It's just emotional arguments against each other
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:

It’s not, unfortunately.  But Predestination is.  Have you still not watched that yet, because it’s really very good?

Ha, no, I haven't. All my movie disks are in boxes in the garage so unless it's on Netflix or Prime I'm unlikely to see it any time soon.

Edit. Wait, you literally just told me it is on Prime. I blame being on holiday.
  • Interstellar needs the typical game option of altering fx and music volumes. Christ it can be loud.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Ha, no, I haven't. All my movie disks are in boxes in the garage so unless it's on Netflix or Prime I'm unlikely to see it any time soon. Edit. Wait, you literally just told me it is on Prime. I blame being on holiday.

Well you’re on holiday so that’s fine, but remember to pop it onto your wish list.  It’d be a shame to miss it while it’s still on there.  It’s a great film, and just so delightfully bizarre.  How on Earth a story like Heinlein’s All You Zombies got a movie adaptation I’ll never know.  Whoever produced it must have really loved that story.  This is the sort of thing I want more of.
    Get schwifty.
  • I will make a note that i am expecting you to remind me about something when I'm home again next week.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Ha, no, I haven't. All my movie disks are in boxes in the garage so unless it's on Netflix or Prime I'm unlikely to see it any time soon. Edit. Wait, you literally just told me it is on Prime. I blame being on holiday.

Well you’re on holiday so that’s fine, but remember to pop it onto your wish list.  It’d be a shame to miss it while it’s still on there.  It’s a great film, and just so delightfully bizarre.  How on Earth a story like Heinlein’s All You Zombies got a movie adaptation I’ll never know.  Whoever produced it must have really loved that story.  This is the sort of thing I want more of.
    I love that
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I will make a note that i am expecting you to remind me about something when I'm home again next week.

Please let me know when you’re home so I can remind you.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:

I love that
    Spoiler:

Well quite. Adapting that story must have been quite the task. I wouldn’t have known where to begin.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m watching Predestination.  Fuck it, Sarah Snook at least deserved an Oscar nod.  She’s brilliant in this.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I bloody love Inception (watching now).  Twice now he’s made a big budget film out of a weird-ass idea studios wouldn’t normally look twice at.
    Get schwifty.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I saw Midsommar earlier this evening, emerging from the cinema into appropriately bright, warm sunshine. It felt comparable to Hereditary in that the first half, or so, was brilliantly handled before gradually going off the boil and a bit over the top, but it's definitely in my top ten of the year for now.
  • If everyone could stop talking about Midsommar until it comes out here in August that would be great.

I've just put on World War Z because I only saw it in the cinema and wondered if it's as bad as I remember. It's kinda bad. Just weird that they turned the whole concept of the book of exploring what might actually happen if slow zombies happened in the real world and made another generic action zombie thing.
    Also Marc Forster is a fucking woeful director. I quite like Stranger Than Fiction but anything else of his I've seen is just poorly judged on so many levels
  • Just saw Spiderman. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Also I had to tell some college kid to shut up, he looked like was going to cry.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That's because you're a big scary death metal man and he probably thought you were going to kill him.
  • He wont do it again though.
  • Good. Talking in the cinema is a capital crime
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    He wont do it again though.

Cos you killed him in anger?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • When we were watching Spiderman, about half an hour of the film to go, a guy comes up to us and says my mate is sitting in his seat. Which he clearly wasn’t. But where the hell was this guy all this time that he comes in to watch the last 30 mins of a film he presumably paid to see? He had nachos and drinks and stuff with him too and was on his own. 

Unless the moron came into the wrong hall and didn’t realise it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This is why I hate going to the cinema now.
    Other people just ruin it.
    Unless I can guarantee an empty screen I’ll be happy to wait for the blu ray release.

I’m hoping for a future in which we have simultaneous cinema and home streaming release options so I no longer have to put up with morons ruining it for me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • We have that now for some releases.

I like going to the cinema, saw Midsommar at the Curzon Wimbledon Friday evening, small screen, about 10 other people. Gotta pick your screens wisely.
  • Yea I refuse to go to the local multiplex. If I will go it’s often into London for The Prince Charles Cinema, tend to find the audiences there are usually quite well behaved.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Would be good if cinemas had bluetooth for the films to block out distractions.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!