Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Midnight Run. Midnight. Run. Top. Drawer.  "That's a very respectable neighbourhood" Brazil is a work of genius - best thing Gilliam has done. I presume it's the proper Euro-version. The US version was butchered with a different ending. Avoid.
      What was the US ending? I'm intrigued. Maybe spoiler it? As a teenager, Brazil really affected me. It was one of the first films that I thought about a lot days after I watched it. Amazing film.
    If I remember correctly it is 
    Spoiler:

Correct. Terrible, isn't it?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yep, awful. One of the worst studio meddling with a great film this side of Blade Runner.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    I have to watch My Name is Dolemite and Uncut Gems this weekend I think. Both are getting really good responses. Apparently Daniel Day Lewis called Adam Sandler to praise him for his work in Uncut Gems. Jesus. Have known Sandler had mad dramatic chops since Punch Drunk Love and Funny People. I hope this leads him to do more roles like this.

Dolomite is great. Just a really good, well acted, enjoyable and nice (in the absolute best sense of the word) film. Plus Wesley Snipes is hilarious and brilliant.
  • Last night at cinema there were trailers for Birds of Prey and the Black Widow movie. Both looked average cannon fodder movies.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    I have to watch My Name is Dolemite and Uncut Gems this weekend I think. Both are getting really good responses. Apparently Daniel Day Lewis called Adam Sandler to praise him for his work in Uncut Gems. Jesus. Have known Sandler had mad dramatic chops since Punch Drunk Love and Funny People. I hope this leads him to do more roles like this.

Dolomite is great. Just a really good, well acted, enjoyable and nice (in the absolute best sense of the word) film. Plus Wesley Snipes is hilarious and brilliant.

Dolomite i thought was ok. Though i think my mate hyped it up too much.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a Black Christmas remake. Anyone see it?

Classic "slasher in the house" job - maybe the first. 1974.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I've heard mixed things, but some people I trust liked it quite a bit. I think it's a bit of a satirical job, taking aim at the way women are depicted in Horror.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Yep, definitely going to watch it this weekend!
  • Just finished The Untouchables. Not DePalma's best, but perhaps his most fun, tied with Body Double. When I first saw it many years ago, I was unsure of Kevin Costner and didn't think he brought enough weight to the role, but watching it today he brings a really interesting idealistic/naive quality to things. Sean Connery is excellent, and De Niro's small part as Capone is hilarious and intimidating.
  • Dolomite 2019 is one of the best films of the year for me, performances from everyone are great and yeah, it's just a really likeable and fun film. Loud, colourful and funny.
  • Can't wait to see it. Might watch it with my mother and brother. Could do with a good chuckle. 

Now watching Jackie Brown, previously the holder of my favourite Tarantino picture, now at number two. A flawless adaptation of Elmore Leonard's brilliant, thrilling and funny book, Rum Punch.
  • Death of Stalin just landed on UK Netflix.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Doctor Sleep - enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It even managed to be a bit disturbing in places. But it was still slightly shit overall. There are some films you just shouldn't mess with, it'll only end badly.
  • djchump wrote:
    Death of Stalin just landed on UK Netflix.

It’s such a brilliantly funny film.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK wrote:
    There's a Black Christmas remake. Anyone see it?

Classic "slasher in the house" job - maybe the first. 1974.
    I’ve seen several reviews that all said it was garbage, so may be one to avoid.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • djchump wrote:

Whoop! Gotta watch that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • djchump wrote:

It was on Prime for ages. How the hell Ianucci managed to balance the bleak horror of the time with genuinely hilarious comedy is amazing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    djchump wrote:

It was on Prime for ages. How the hell Ianucci managed to balance the bleak horror of the time with genuinely hilarious comedy is amazing.

I’ve seen it 5 times now and it only gets funnier with every watch. Such brilliant writing
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Performances from whole cast are top notch as well.
  • The film that keeps on giving
  • There is no fixing that utter nightmare.
  • Marriage Story was good if maybe a bit long. Very solid acting all round though.
  • Finally gotten around to watching Bladerunner 2049.

I liked it. Got the vibe and the visuals right. Perhaps a tiny bit longer than it needed to be.. but overall I liked it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 2049 is glorious. Thought it went slightly down when ford showed up, ironically.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I really enjoyed it at the cinema but I haven't been able to sit through a second viewing for some reason.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely benefits from a cinema viewing. The music was rattling my teeth at times. Great film.
  • Definitely benefits from a cinema viewing. The music was rattling my teeth at times. Great film.
    Was it new material or remix of the first film? It’s stunning visually even on the iPad

Can’t wait to watch the first one again now
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow wrote:
    I really enjoyed it at the cinema but I haven't been able to sit through a second viewing for some reason.

Same, keep dipping into it for 20mins or so but it doesn't really lend itself well to that. Just not been in the mood for a full watch.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    All new music, Vangelis not even involved in 2049. The original theme obviously comes in at one point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!