myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Watched The Host last weekend. Entertaining enough, good set of characters, monster was pretty good, enjoyed it but didn't grab me that much.

Just back from Mother. Speechless. This was incredibly good. I'm still processing it, but damn. I knew this was gonna be different from The Host and Snowpiercer, but didn't expect this.
  • There is nothing quite like Mother in terms of its intent and execution.
  • Nobody Does it Better is the best Bond track for me.  

Billie Eilish is a pretty good choice, I get the try hard objections and agree with them to an extent, but it still seems to be working.  Her album was enjoyable and Bad Guy was one of the biggest tracks of last year, seems like a bit of a coup to me.  I seriously doubt her offering will be dull.
  • I think it’s a huge improvement over hiring the amorphous blob of bland that was Sam Smith.
  • Nina wrote:
    Watched The Host last weekend. Entertaining enough, good set of characters, monster was pretty good, enjoyed it but didn't grab me that much. Just back from Mother. Speechless. This was incredibly good. I'm still processing it, but damn. I knew this was gonna be different from The Host and Snowpiercer, but didn't expect this.

Mostly agree with this. Mother is bloody briliant, and I really enjoyed The Host and while it was entertaining enough, it was the subtext that I appreciated more.

Hopefully booking Parasite later. Locals only have one awkwardly timed showing, so I’ll have to hunt out a decently timed weekend showing at a repertory / indie cinema.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Weathering With You anime by Makoto Shinkai is also getting just a single showing dammit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • poprock wrote:
    I think it’s a huge improvement over hiring the amorphous blob of bland that was Sam Smith.

I think she has a perfect combo for Bond - th detached relationship to sultriness/sexuality is a great match. He drawlish style is not too dissimilar to the Simon or the Crow vibe but the electronic edge will be quite modern.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Weathering With You anime by Makoto Shinkai is also getting just a single showing dammit.

Prince Charles Cinema are showing WWY every day atm I think, and they have Parasite coming up also.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Nobody Does it Better is the best Bond track for me.  

Billie Eilish is a pretty good choice, I get the try hard objections and agree with them to an extent, but it still seems to be working.  Her album was enjoyable and Bad Guy was one of the biggest tracks of last year, seems like a bit of a coup to me.  I seriously doubt her offering will be dull.

Nobody Does It Better is improved/ruined for me by being unable to hear it without being sung by Alan Partridge
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I haven't heard him sing it fortunately/unfortunately.  Aimee Mann does a good version tho.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

Nobody Does It Better is improved/ruined for me by being unable to hear it without being sung by Alan Partridge

His rendition of Goldfinger is actually the best bond theme.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I haven't heard him sing it fortunately/unfortunately.  Aimee Mann does a good version tho.

You’re welcome

https://youtu.be/TC8dWWImNzU
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

His rendition of Goldfinger is actually the best bond theme.

Oh man I forgot about that!! Class.

A mate of mine went to a costume party recently as Alan Partridge. Really wish we’d planned it as my brother and I would’ve gone as different era Partridges too. My choice was going to be him in his jogging gear with headset shouting “£200k or we take it to sky!”
  • Zombie Alan has to be an easy one to pull off.
  • Didn’t have a spare shower curtain
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I haven't heard him sing it fortunately/unfortunately.  Aimee Mann does a good version tho.
    You’re welcome https://youtu.be/TC8dWWImNzU

Two birds with one stone, don't need to watch the film either now :)
  • I would love a “Alan Narrates” series in which Alan does this for popular film releases.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Really the Radiohead one is also good.

• jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I'm currently reading Alan Partridge: Nomad, which I'm enjoying even more than the audiobook of I, Partridge.
  • The audiobook of Nomad is top tier chuckles and no mistake.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Really the Radiohead one is also good.

Glad somebody posted that. Love it!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That's a wonderful cover. Reminds me that I should really listen to some Carly Simon soon.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Ordered the first six Star Wars pictures this morning on crispy, crispy bluray. Quite excited to go through them again, after really enjoying the last film. I am also fairly sure that I will be getting the inevitable Skywalker Saga box...
  • I think The Skywalker Saga comes in a mystery box...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Spoiler:

Oops sorry, thought I were in the Star Warz thread.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Ordered the first six Star Wars pictures this morning on crispy, crispy bluray. Quite excited to go through them again, after really enjoying the last film. I am also fairly sure that I will be getting the inevitable Skywalker Saga box...

Wifey got me this a Christmas or so ago. Enjoyable. I can still suffer the prequels because they are part of the story arc so I get value out of it.  I don't think I have watched Ep.1 yet though on BluRay - first 3 I watched in the set was Ep4, Ep5 and Ep3. Can't recall if I have watched any of the others yet.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The prequels, I enjoy for the most, in spite of some really bad stuff (Jar Jar/Romantic thing in 2). Revenge of the Sith is rather good though. A shame that he couldn't have started on that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked this up. I was unaware that there was a visual record of Scott's expedition. I knew about the Mallory Everest one. Should be an interesting watch.

CSLQAHi.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!