Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Embracer Group owns LotR so are probably desperate to do something that will push up stock prices.
    If they give them actual lead in times to make sets and costumes and such then I'm keen but I'm less so if it's just green screen.

It's being directed by Andy Serkis so surely he'll understand the importance of location shooting

Edit: they are making 2 more Lord of the rings movies with Jackson and co writing and producing
  • Watched a nice rip of The Hunger. Still ace, luxuriously so. Sure Tony Scott had experience but what a first feature to have done. Even the ropey mummies at the end still kind of work.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Embracer Group owns LotR so are probably desperate to do something that will push up stock prices. If they give them actual lead in times to make sets and costumes and such then I'm keen but I'm less so if it's just green screen. It's being directed by Andy Serkis so surely he'll understand the importance of location shooting Edit: they are making 2 more Lord of the rings movies with Jackson and co writing and producing

So they are going to fuck up LotR now. Christ almighty.

Fingers out of arses please for :-

Proper Dark Tower - will settle for high quality TV series
    Smiley's People with TTSS crew.
    Remake of Devil Rides Out - but do it fucking properly
    Constantine 2

start raiding classic 2000AD..

Shako
    Robo Hunter
    Invasion
    MACH 1
    Flesh
    Another Dredd with Karl Urban

fucking get on it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Still no news on that Mega City tv series. Must be dead.
  • Shame that. Great in theory, but it had pie in the sky written all over it from day one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    tumblr_ozcwyvdkKx1qf427ko1_1280.jpg
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    At the cinema for tennis threesome and there’s a trailer for yet another film about women swimming the English Channel. How many of these do we need?!?

How many films are there about women swimming the Channel?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK wrote:
    Embracer Group owns LotR so are probably desperate to do something that will push up stock prices. If they give them actual lead in times to make sets and costumes and such then I'm keen but I'm less so if it's just green screen. It's being directed by Andy Serkis so surely he'll understand the importance of location shooting Edit: they are making 2 more Lord of the rings movies with Jackson and co writing and producing

Constantine 2

Shako
    Robo Hunter
    Invasion
    MACH 1
    Flesh

fucking get on it.

I think Mike Flanagan is doing a Dark Tower tv show, I have high hopes
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    davyK wrote:

Constantine 2

Shako
    Robo Hunter
    Invasion
    MACH 1
    Flesh

fucking get on it.

I think Mike Flanagan is doing a Dark Tower tv show, I have high hopes

I misread that as Micky Flanagan.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd watch that. He'd be Walter O'Dim or whatever he's called
  • JonB wrote:
    But will they sink or swim?

They'll never...kick off?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    At the cinema for tennis threesome and there’s a trailer for yet another film about women swimming the English Channel. How many of these do we need?!?

There was Vindication Swim in March this year about the first British woman to swim the Channel and now this new one about the first overall woman to swim the Channel.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK wrote:

Constantine 2

Shako
    Robo Hunter
    Invasion
    MACH 1
    Flesh

fucking get on it.

There's a Rogue Trooper animated film on its way directed by Duncan Jones and animated using Unreal Engine. It's got a pretty good voice cast so far.
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/rogue-trooper-duncan-jones-2000-ad-movie-casts-aneurin-barnard-and-hayley-atwell/

Matt Berry, of course.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just discovered Hot Shots 1 and 2 are on Disney Plus. Weekend sorted.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I tried to watch that with Nate but the fire cube wasn't playing nice with the hospital WiFi. We did get to watch Speed, his first time and my first in 20 years or so. I forgot how much of it was set off the bus.

We watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights last week, didn't hold up well at all. Nate thought it was shite and I had the odd giggle but it was mostly nostalgia I think.

Hope Hot Shots fairs better, the daft stuff in the intro bit like the guys carrying bombs bumping into each other got a laugh out of him before the stream went tits up, so fingers crossed
  • I started watching Men In Tight last month. I expect I would have liked it at the time but it passed me by. Was not impressed.

Loaded Weapon 1 is worth a look too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Forgot about that. Naked Guns too.

None of the nurses in the hospital knew what Speed was. Oldest was 32. Never heard of it

indiana-jones-age-aging-skeleton-gif-4981665.gif
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I started watching Men In Tight last month. I expect I would have liked it at the time but it passed me by. Was not impressed.

All on Disney Plus.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lloyd Bridges will elevate HS1 and 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Richard what's his face from Curb was good in the Hood. Cary Elwes is always good in a spoof. It had Dave Chappelle in it too. Mel Brooks. Just doesn't hit the right buttons. It's no Young Frankenstein
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Richard Lewis rules.

"... I have a mole?!"
  • It's no Young Frankenstein
    But then again...what is?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • None of the nurses in the hospital knew what Speed was. Oldest was 32. Never heard of it

Should've asked the porters.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I started watching Men In Tight last month. I expect I would have liked it at the time but it passed me by. Was not impressed.

All on Disney Plus.

What?! Well that's my weekend sorted!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've started early. Never noticed that Lloyd Bridges' character calls Kevin Dunn's character Tim, Ben, Don etc all within the first 15 minutes.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Mad Max (1979) - Automotive mid-apocalyptic revenge thriller starring Mel Gibson. In the context of George Miller having just graduated from making short films and the limited budget, this is very good and kicked off it’s own sub-genre (at least it’s always seemed that way to me as someone who was raised on choose-your-own-adventure books - the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks had their own take on Mad Max and Lone Wolf author Joe Dever wrote a whole gamebook series influenced by the films).

The plot is a bit lumpy and the film somehow feels a bit overlong even though it’s a scant 93 minutes but in the context of its production (which as a bonus was apparently very safe and completely accident-free!) these are forgivable flaws.

On the 4K, I’m not sure I’m that keen on the new audio mix - the dialogue isn’t very clear and the original mono seems a bit easier to understand (after a brief test of the mono track, I stuck it out with the surround mix, for better or worse).

Not bad for a first go, sounds as though the sequel steps it up though. ★★★★☆
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The sequel is GOD TIER.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've started early. Never noticed that Lloyd Bridges' character calls Kevin Dunn's character Tim, Ben, Don etc all within the first 15 minutes.

You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!