PS4 Vs XBone comparisons?
  • 343 have made no right choices in terms of MCC. None at all. The game is dead. They've destroyed any popularity it may have had. This impending patch is merely a token gesture so they can appear to have made good. Unbelievably, they've addded an achievement in the game called 'stick with it' - play MCC three months after release.

That achievement is bugged and doesn't unlock. 

343 promise they have a fix in the works and are sorry. 

I'm not making this up.

A shocking and disgusting insult to one of the best games ever made.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The level of disgust in the post above made me smile.
  • Haha, the achievement doesn't unlock. You couldn't make it up.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Share play worked once for me, for a few minutes. Never again, though.
    Both partys need to have a decent connection, if theres anything i have (not aids/The order) you wanna try give me a shout.

Both me and the guy I was trying it with have stable 100mb fibre optic connections. It's either flaky psn (as usual) or the ps4 Wi-Fi is seriously underpowered.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some shit quoting there on my part.
  • 343 have made no right choices in terms of MCC. None at all. The game is dead. They've destroyed any popularity it may have had. This impending patch is merely a token gesture so they can appear to have made good. Unbelievably, they've addded an achievement in the game called 'stick with it' - play MCC three months after release. That achievement is bugged and doesn't unlock.  343 promise they have a fix in the works and are sorry.  I'm not making this up. A shocking and disgusting insult to one of the best games ever made.
    That's amazing.
  • Sorry for lighting a fuse and legging it but work n stuff. 
    Driveclub is so very tempting because I enjoy a circuit,time-trialler and do a lot of SP playing these days. It'd be purchasing a console for one game though and I could deal with that but feel the Bone would offer more variety. 
    Regarding FH2,I've been looking on with envy at the forum lols being posted in the thread and although I don't have much time these days I do enjoy some online MP. I've only started FH last week and am addicted to it so would love a shiny version with the option of joining in the occasional forum game. 
    My allegiances definitely lie with MS after the previous gen but I will eventually own both new consoles as I did last gen. 
    Ultimately my decision boils down to an expensive but potentially superior racing game or a more diverse console that will give more value for money in the long run IMO.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The time trial stuff in FH2 is really good, but not that popular here and it's all very in game. It'll give you a rival from your friends list, but once you beat them it's on to randoms. No leader boards on an external site either.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm going to delve into the rival stuff once I've done the Storm Island championships. I didn't even think about it before you seemed to get into it.

But yeh...as good as the SP is in Horizon, the MP lols is where the game shines. It's up there with teh Blur for me.

Maybe.

R.I.P

:(
  • I'm about to sell a PS4 for the second time as the exclusives right now aren't for me, and I really don't like the pad or that ridiculous light on it. I'll get another I'm sure for Uncharted as I like me a bit of that, but I'd rather play things on my XB1 so the PS4 becomes an expensive ornament.

If someone at work doesn't want it it'll be in the for sale section tomorrow evening.
  • Are you not losing money on these each time you sell one? Unless you need the brass is it not better to keep hold, Bloodbourne is worth a shout.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I'm about to sell a PS4 for the second time as the exclusives right now aren't for me, and I really don't like the pad or that ridiculous light on it. I'll get another I'm sure for Uncharted as I like me a bit of that, but I'd rather play things on my XB1 so the PS4 becomes an expensive ornament. If someone at work doesn't want it it'll be in the for sale section tomorrow evening.

Jesus, next time you feel like throwing some money away mate just send some my way instead. I promise to waste it better than you can.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Are you not losing money on these each time you sell one? Unless you need the brass is it not better to keep hold, Bloodbourne is worth a shout.

I always get them on ridiculous mate deals so I never lose anything. I was thinking about Bloodbourne but I'm not a Dark Souls fan and aside from the art style it doesn't grab me. I've got lots of other games I'd rather play ahead of it so my PS4 will end up sitting there.

I only got this one to give it another go in terms of my views on the pad etc, and in hope of enjoying The Order in a Gears clone stylee. I still don't like the pad, I didn't like The Order and I got Drive Club and never chose it ahead of anything else to play. Bloodbourne I think I'd rather pick up for £20 in 6 months alongside uncharted.

I don't need the money but it's just gonna sit there untouched until Uncharted appears.
    Outlaw wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I'm about to sell a PS4 for the second time as the exclusives right now aren't for me, and I really don't like the pad or that ridiculous light on it. I'll get another I'm sure for Uncharted as I like me a bit of that, but I'd rather play things on my XB1 so the PS4 becomes an expensive ornament. If someone at work doesn't want it it'll be in the for sale section tomorrow evening.

Jesus, next time you feel like throwing some money away mate just send some my way instead. I promise to waste it better than you can.

Oh don't worry I think I'll of lost about a tenner and that will all be via The Order. If I sell my PS4 to someone at work I'll make a good £50, if I sell it on here it'll be to break even.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Sorry for lighting a fuse and legging it but work n stuff.  Driveclub is so very tempting because I enjoy a circuit,time-trialler and do a lot of SP playing these days. It'd be purchasing a console for one game though and I could deal with that but feel the Bone would offer more variety.  Regarding FH2,I've been looking on with envy at the forum lols being posted in the thread and although I don't have much time these days I do enjoy some online MP. I've only started FH last week and am addicted to it so would love a shiny version with the option of joining in the occasional forum game.  My allegiances definitely lie with MS after the previous gen but I will eventually own both new consoles as I did last gen.  Ultimately my decision boils down to an expensive but potentially superior racing game or a more diverse console that will give more value for money in the long run IMO.

Don't forget it is really Driveclub vs FH2 AND Forza 5, you will more than likely end up with a bundle including Forza 5 once you start hunting.

(sorry if that has been mentioned already, pretty tired)
  • Kow wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Share play worked once for me, for a few minutes. Never again, though.
    Both partys need to have a decent connection, if theres anything i have (not aids/The order) you wanna try give me a shout.

Both me and the guy I was trying it with have stable 100mb fibre optic connections. It's either flaky psn (as usual) or the ps4 Wi-Fi is seriously underpowered.

Wifi in general is pretty shit, go wired every time you can.
    Like I said offers open anywa.

I'm on 147mb fiber wired, dude I usually shareplay with gets 7mb at best....works every time.
    Verecocha wrote:
    I'm about to sell a PS4 for the second time as the exclusives right now aren't for me, and I really don't like the pad or that ridiculous light on it. I'll get another I'm sure for Uncharted as I like me a bit of that, but I'd rather play things on my XB1 so the PS4 becomes an expensive ornament.

If someone at work doesn't want it it'll be in the for sale section tomorrow evening.

We'res escape these days?
    Weren't he after a ps4.
  • Wtf happend with my quoting there ffs?
  • digi wrote:
    Wtf happend with my quoting there ffs?

That shit be cray!!!
  • Xbox one is defo better built than my PS4. This thing feels drop proof
    PSN - minkymu
  • I haven't got either one of them yet because I'm skint. I would get a PS4 because Xboxes have always and will always be properly shit in my eyes. I was given FarCry 4 or whatever it was for my 360 at christmas. I gave up after half an hour because well... I fucking hate playing games on Xbox. 

I imagine the new Xbox controller is as shitty as the last. At least it's got a built in battery this time around.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • The Bone controller takes two AA's.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I can completely see people preferring X console over Y console, for sure. Different strokes. I still struggle to see how people can think the 360 pad is/was shit and still like Sony's pads... for me, the difference in quality in that department is just too great.

Software wise, I think PS4 is the better bet at the moment. /sigh
  • The battery bulge has gone from the rear of the bone pad, but still takes batteries.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I still think the Xbox one will storm back in with some great software. Has a feeling of momentum about it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Maybe.

I'm just a bit jealous of Bloodborne and (the admittedly shonky looking) Street Fighter 5.
  • I am happy with my Xbox and the flow of games.
    I would like Bloodbourne but it is the only exclusive on PS4 that appeals, horses for courses.
  • The Xbox 360 pad had a D pad that didn't work. It had bulky battery pack that constantly needed changed. The buttons on the face were squidgy things. The main Xbox button was a HUGE squidgy thing. My three pads never seem to want to bloody sync up. The Sticks aren't next to each other and the whole thing is bloody huge. 

Also What do you fucking mean it still takes batteries???? It's 2015.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The xbox one pad is near perfection for me, but then I have strong manly hands. The ps4 controller is perfect if you have dainty girly hands I suppose.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'm going to delve into the rival stuff once I've done the Storm Island championships. I didn't even think about it before you seemed to get into it. But yeh...as good as the SP is in Horizon, the MP lols is where the game shines. It's up there with teh Blur for me. Maybe. R.I.P :(

Now there's the most fun multiplayer racer of the last gen.
  • Always amazed at how much some people hate certain pads here. I've had a ps3 and a 360 for a good while, and although I generally prefer the 360 the ps3 one is absolutely fine for gaming. I've only dabbled on the bone and ps4 but the same applys - both have a nice weight , do what they are supposed to and the ps4 still has the sticks in the wrong place.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!