PS4 Vs XBone comparisons?
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Also What do you fucking mean it still takes batteries???? It's 2015.

What pray, should be powering it? Flux capacitor? Solar panels? Hamster on a wheel?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I think it's the sticks I can't abide. Just isn't comfortable... though that's almost certainly from playing on Xbox consoles for so long.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Powered by fanboyism.
  • Lithium Ion - I like to play shooters knowing that what I'm holding in my hands could potentially go off at any time.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hawt.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Lithium Ion - I like to play shooters knowing that what I'm holding in my hands could potentially go off at any time.
    9034e0ef-d08f-4d02-8ae1-521e36e33ded.png?n=hero-play-and-chargeV2.png
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Xbox one is defo better built than my PS4. This thing feels drop proof

That's not really an advertised feature for either console.
  • I like sturdy feeling electronics.
    I have one of the super slim PS3s, real cheap and nasty. The normal Slim was lovely.
  • Don't think I'd be bothered with Forza 5 but the bundle deals I've seen make it easily avoidable. 
    RE: Pads: 360 was excellent. Sticks in the right place and proper triggers. PS3 was awkward and I couldn't use it with my wedding ring on!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    PS4 pad is a vast improvement. Hated PS3's pad with a passion, felt like a knock off you'd get from Poundland.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Don't think I'd be bothered with Forza 5 but the bundle deals I've seen make it easily avoidable. 
    RE: Pads: 360 was excellent. Sticks in the right place and proper triggers. PS3 was awkward and I couldn't use it with my wedding ring on!

I really can't get on with the pad. Both pads I've had the battery life has been poor, the light is absolutely ridiculous, and the sticks just don't do it for me in those places.
  • Can you not turn the light off?

I liked the light for pass the pad Worms, the light colour matched the player colour and made things a lot easier once many beers were had.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Turn down light, battery life is fine. Sticks are luvvly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Flashing light for the motion detector in Alien is good.
  • I've turned the light right down on my PS4 and the battery life is still shoddy as fuck. And the cable is too short so you're practically sat on the TV when playing. Have been spoiled with my 360's play and charge thingy for the past few years.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Get a longer cable, it's not like they're Apple style proprietary or anything.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The issue that I've always had with the PlayStation pads is simply size, they've always clearly been designed for someone with far smaller hands than me and I've never been able to use one for any period of time without getting cramps. I have not yet used the PS4 pad, but from what I've seen of it, I don't expect it to be much better.

As far as batteries go, AAs are far superior AFAIC. Buy your own rechargeables, use them in everything else in the house, should the battery start to go during a session, just swap them out and carry on without having to break out a cable. However, the biggest plus point for me is that when the battery stops holding a charge, I can just chuck and replace it without having to buy a new controller or fuck around ordering parts off the Internet and taking my pad apart with a screwdriver. Why anyone would choose a built in battery over all of that convenience (when the overall size of a gadget isn't an issue) is beyond me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've had a ps3 since launch and the battery is just fine in the pad. I've easily gone through a whole pad's cost in batterys for the 360 one, between rechargables and normal ones.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Get a longer cable, it's not like they're Apple style proprietary in order to provide functions that aren't available on any other cables or anything.

FTFY. As I've mentioned many times on this forum, the Apple proprietary cable thing is largely a myth, anyway.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The issue that I've always had with the PlayStation pads is simply size, they've always clearly been designed for someone with far smaller hands than me and I've never been able to use one for any period of time without getting cramps.

Interestingly I was reading a thing a bit ago about how most tech is designed with men in mind, so the size makes it cumbersome and unwieldy for most women. Interesting to see the PS4 pad (probably unwittingly) bucks that trend.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I've had a ps3 since launch and the battery is just fine in the pad. I've easily gone through a whole pad's cost in batterys for the 360 one, between rechargables and normal ones.

I'm sure it lasts a long time, but it won't last forever. However, all of the other reasons are enough to sell me on AAs even without that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    The issue that I've always had with the PlayStation pads is simply size, they've always clearly been designed for someone with far smaller hands than me and I've never been able to use one for any period of time without getting cramps.
    Interestingly I was reading a thing a bit ago about how most tech is designed with men in mind, so the size makes it cumbersome and unwieldy for most women. Interesting to see the PS4 pad (probably unwittingly) bucks that trend.

It's made with tiny Japanese hands in mind.

/casual racism.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't worry Yoss, I'm sure your Apple console will be along soon.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Yeah, it's designed with the hands of Japanese men in mind.
  • It's a win for this Western woman.
  • Ps4 pad feels like a big improvement to me, but the bone one feels damn near perfect.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    DS4 is a huge improvement. From build quality to sticks to triggers. The DS3 is shocking.

360 pad was my fav, haven't tried a one and not likely to get one so will never know.

It does feel like there is a very vocal PS4 dissatisfaction on this forum, probably not that many people but when they switch to the One they certainly let people know ;-)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It does feel like there is a very vocal PS4 dissatisfaction on this forum, probably not that many people but when they switch to the One they certainly let people know ;-)

There's only Chalice that's done that isn't there? Though he is loud he is awesomely brilliant to read...for a time. Much better to play Destiny with.
  • I love my PS4, the short battery life is the only annoyance on the whole thing. Well, there's fuck all games out I want too but that is changing.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I'm about to sell a PS4 for the second time as the exclusives right now aren't for me, and I really don't like the pad or that ridiculous light on it. I'll get another I'm sure for Uncharted as I like me a bit of that, but I'd rather play things on my XB1 so the PS4 becomes an expensive ornament. If someone at work doesn't want it it'll be in the for sale section tomorrow evening.

That ridiculous light that you don't see? I couldn't tell you what colour it is or if it is even lit.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!