101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • tldr
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • :D
  • Stop using such big words. Use small and simple ones then your words will fit. r lv t th vwls.
    Well yeah But psychoanalysis is psychoanalysis. There isn't a short word for it. Averaging 5 letters per word isn't easy on an academic statement. It's even for Loughborough University FFS.
  • :)
  • JonB wrote:
    Stop using such big words. Use small and simple ones then your words will fit. r lv t th vwls.
    Well yeah But psychoanalysis is psychoanalysis. There isn't a short word for it. Averaging 5 letters per word isn't easy on an academic statement. It's even for Loughborough University FFS.
    Pschnlss s shrtr.
  • JonB wrote:
    It's even for Loughborough University FFS.
    Come to think of it, most people there study PE. Makes sense now.
  • The first time you refer to psychoanalysis, could you add (PA) to it and then refer to it as PA evermore?  Will give you more words to be impressive with. 

Are you sure you want to be vetted by people who don't understand that not all words are the same length?  All words are equal but some are more equal than others.
  • And some are fewer equal.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The first time you refer to psychoanalysis, could you add (PA) to it and then refer to it as PA evermore?  Will give you more words to be impressive with.
    it's just an example rather than something i use a lot. But there are plenty of similar terms that can't be changed or names of departments or books and so on.
    Are you sure you want to be vetted by people who don't understand that not all words are the same length?  All words are equal but some are more equal than others.
    i've got to take anything i can get. Chances are slim on every application i do.
  • People that don't start and adhere to a sensible butter excavation strategy with a new tub of lurpak.

Use the knife, from one side to the other, getting layer upon layer thinly onto the knife which ultimately makes it much easier to butter the bread regardless of the temp.

OR

Just do what my mum does and fucking hack away at it from all directions for no fucking reason whatsoever.

Same goes for naan bread ripping, ice cream scooping, etc etc.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    People that don't start and adhere to a sensible butter excavation strategy with a new tub of lurpak.

Use the knife, from one side to the other, getting layer upon layer thinly onto the knife which ultimately makes it much easier to butter the bread regardless of the temp.

OR

Just do what my mum does and fucking hack away at it from all directions for no fucking reason whatsoever.

Same goes for naan bread ripping, ice cream scooping, etc etc.

Oh my god gav, I love you.
  • We just leave ours out of the fridge. Seems to work.
  • What's the naan bread ripping thing, and what's your opinion on a one finger poppadom death punch?
  • If it's you individual poppadom, you're simply a fool. If it's the entire stack, you're a heathen deserving of a slow, painful death.

I, too, am confused by the naan thing, though.
  • Well, you start at one end, ripping bits off as you all go, letting everyone rip a bit off starting from the place the last bit being ripped off ended. This keeps it neat and easily accessible to everyone, thus also retaining a good enough shape if/when you go to reheat.

OR

If you're my mum you just fucking ignore that and start ripping from the opposite fucking end or any which fucking way.
  • What is naan bred sharing?
  • AJ wrote:
    If it's you individual poppadom, you're simply a fool. If it's the entire stack, you're a heathen deserving of a slow, painful death. I, too, am confused by the naan thing, though.

First time I saw it it was on a stack of six that had been presented to three.  After the initial WHAT THAT FUCK ARE YOU DOING shock I must admit I've adopted it myself.  For poppadoms that 100% belong to me though, of course, stack smacking is wrong.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What is naan bred sharing?

Good question.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    If it's you individual poppadom, you're simply a fool. If it's the entire stack, you're a heathen deserving of a slow, painful death. I, too, am confused by the naan thing, though.
    First time I saw it it was on a stack of six that had been presented to three.  After the initial WHAT THAT FUCK ARE YOU DOING shock I must admit I've adopted it myself.  For poppadoms that 100% belong to me though, of course, stack smacking is wrong.

I haven't once seen stabbing a stack of poppadoms go any way but horrendously. Perhaps you go to curry houses with ninjas or something.
  • I'm sure poppadoms used to be a free thing at the start, little tasters while you order drinks and browse the menu. Now they ask you how many you want as a starter, fucked if I know how many poppadoms I want, ten minutes worth? How long until the mains come?

Same with prawn crackers, they used to be a given that they would be free, went to order a Chinese the other day and the wanted £1.70 for prawn crackers. I didn't bother in the end.
  • You can still get them as appetisers like that, you just have to pay for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they're probably being used as a way to make money that they're loosing because people expect things to be unreasonably cheap these days. To be honest, I usually don't bother with poppadoms, though; they've become proper crap, with the same boring, generic chutneys and shit everywhere.

Looking at the way it's gone, I'd say a large amount of the blame lies on the customers, though. I'm sure I remember seeing a sketch on TV where some Indians were ordering in an English restaurant like the Brits order in curry houses which summed it up pretty well.

I still get free prawn crackers everywhere I go, but will turn them down half the time because they're also shit.
  • Since we're in this thread: food that is hot for the sake of being hot can fuck right off. Sure, if a chef's come up with a great spice combination that happens to be uncomfortable after you've eaten it, go for it, but just stuffing extra hot chillies in things for the sake of it is complete bullshit.
  • That was Goodness Gracious Me and a brilliant sketch to boot.
    Yeah, I am happy to absorb the cost in the price of mains but people take the piss. Hotukdeals would have people turning up, banging on doors demanding free poppadoms now.

I like prawn crackers, wouldn't want them everyday but they are a novelty. Not enough to actually buy them mind. Like fortune cookies, it is a part of the experience to have them as a courtesy even if you actually do pay for them in the long run.
  • Yeah, consumerism is one of the worst isms.
  • AJ wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    I haven't once seen stabbing a stack of poppadoms go any way but horrendously. Perhaps you go to curry houses with ninjas or something.

Someone did mysteriously steal the cistern lid a few years ago.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What is naan bred sharing?

Because you only need one naan between eight people.
  • How do you decide who gets to eat the reheated bit?
  • Fuck this phone in the arse. I wasn't even trying to post here.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's a very meta accidental post.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!