101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • They are cooked in a tandoor oven so not surprising they aren't as typical as other breads made in pans.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    I spent 8 months in India and never once saw a naan. It's all about chapatis/rotis and puris. Never seen a puri here, mind you.

Today, I was reliably informed that naans are generally only served on special occasions; weddings and piling into a restaurant after drinking 6 pints on a Friday night.

• Dunno if its the cooldown from the recent spell of hot weather but anything that can creak and crack in this house is creaking and cracking tonight. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • It's either the heat or the undead alien murder burglars
  • I thought I'd dealt with them already.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Been predictably undercharged on the utilites so they've gone up £100 a month. What is it with scottish flats and everyone just letting the windows rot? I don't even know why we ever bothered putting the heating on beyond making my hands feel like they aren't dropping off. It never actually feels comfortable.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Get gloves.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • can't paint with gloves ya drongo
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Au contraire I never draw ungloved
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Tempy wrote:
    What is it with scottish flats and everyone just letting the windows rot?

Shit landlords.

And tenements usually have sash windows + often have listed building status, meaning they have to replaced with something which at least looks like the original. Shit landlords don’t see the point in paying for that.
  • Aye I remember my first southside flat near pollokshields west station. Old as fuck windaes, single glaze, and my bedroom had ones with a mad vent in the middle? Had to sleep fully clothes with a sleeping bag as well during the winter.

It was during one of those toasty naps I got rudely awakened and told of hmv going into admin. Nothing but shit memories of that place, despite it being gorgeous to look at.
  • If it’s any consolation, owning lovely old Glasgow flats can be just as shit. Mostly because the other people you share a stair with are 99% likely to be shit landlords renting their places out and not doing their share of decent maintenance. So you still get affected by the same old problems.
  • Our landlords aren't shit as far as I know - they replaced our oven and boiler within a few months, but the agency is shit - see the leaking window saga.

They'd be better off going private but they're busy people I think, so have deferred it to some useless company who make their money off overcharging people for maintenance that they never do.
  • Tempy wrote:
    They'd be better off going private but they're busy people I think, so have deferred it to some useless company who make their money off overcharging people for maintenance that they never do.

Ah, yes. Factors. I missed them out of my comments above. Factors; an even bigger pox on the nation than sectarianism or alcohol dependency.
  • Seconded. Two years in and we’re still waiting on the garden maintenance they promised us. Doesn’t help that the upstairs neighbours spend every night letting their dug shit all over it without picking up.
  • It's biting insect season. I don't really mind them taking my blood, but the stupid itchy little bites they leave can get to fuck.

Also, snoring. I fucking hate snoring. Both when it's me, because I wake up with a sore throat, and when it's somebody else because they keep me awake.

This morning I have both a sore throat and an itchy ankle.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Maybe the insects bit your throat.
  • Maybe your ankle snores.
  • Those are both worrying possibilities.
  • Being an adult; I'm currently thinking about whether one of those little cordless Dysons, or similar, would bring me as much happiness as a PSVR.

I seriously think it might.
  • Shark or GTech is where it's at mate. Dyson is so 2000s.
  • Those were actually the ones that caused me to add the "or similar," though I haven't looked into them properly yet. I just thought referencing the Dyson was the easiest way to be understood.

Got any recommendation for particular models?
  • Things seem to move so fast but our Shark thing is great, no idea what the model is, but it's blue.
  • Heh, I saw an advert for a Shark yesterday.  Two batteries included.
  • A comedy-stupid situation has unfolded. It's annoying, but i also have to see the funny side. So about a month ago i went on holiday with my mum to Prague for the weekend, which was great. On the last day, as i arrived at collection point for my coach, i found a random Czech ID card/travel pass thing on the floor. It belonged to some random old guy. Actually when i find things like this that dont belong to me- like wallets, bags, glasses etc- i always hand them in, but a combination of being in a rush, tired, and the imminent arrival of my coach meant that on this occasion it just stayed in my pocket. It didnt occur to me to leave it with the driver. 

Fast forward a week or so, and i decide to treat myself to a new wallet. Actually it was the first wallet i have owned since i was a teenager. I wanted a nice one which would last the years, so i splashed out 60 euros on this handmade leather thing and quickly became quite attached to it. 

That was until last week when- after getting a taxi home after a night out- i somehow forgot my wallet with over 100 euros in the back of the taxi. Much to my relief, it seems the driver handed it in to lost property. Great! Except i cant get my wallet or money back because the only other thing i kept in it at the time was that random Czech guys ID/travel card, and im clearly not the guy in the picture, and neither do i remember his name. 

I dont think there is anything i can do to fix this situation, but with a little luck im at least hoping the taxi operators somehow manage to trace the owner of the ID/travel card and he gets to keep the lot. I like this idea of him losing his ID travel card, only to have it returned to him in a brand new wallet with 100 euros cash.
  • As shit as that is for you.. that's a brilliant story.
  • Excellent.

But is there any way you could maybe get the taxi driver to vouch for you?
  • WorKid wrote:
    As shit as that is for you.. that's a brilliant story.

Yeah. If they won't give it to you (noxy) you should insist they return it to the Czech guy, ask for proof they posted it so they don't just pocket the money...they might even just give it to you at that stage.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • That Estonia song from the Eurovision!!  (The operatic one) I cant get it out of my head! Musta listened to it about 15 times today!! Damn you Eurovision and your catchy foreign langidge songs!!!
    It remind me of the Diva Plavalaguna track from the 5th Element.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That Estonia song from the Eurovision!!  (The operatic one) I cant get it out of my head!

Mate Kylie's an Ozzie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!