101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Yeah never volunteer for that shit.
  • It's always the upper management who don't have the cash or hold onto the envelope and well.

The shit munchers are fine.
  • I have just noticed that in our tenement block (of 6 flats) only 2 don't have double glazing, and mine is one of them.

Which is why my utility bills went up £100 a month I guess.
  • Giving physical proof of address is a right royal pain in the arse nowadays, isn’t it? I mean, I do everything online. My bank statements, my utility bills, even my council tax … all online. So when I need to provide proof of address for anything, I’m stuck. 

My driving license has my address right there on the card, but apparently that doesn’t count. Why the hell not?

Even applying for things like a marriage license have been a pain to do because of this. “You can print out bank statements from your account online.” Yeah great. Except that printouts are not accepted as proof of address. Must be originals from the bank. “Just ask for printed statements then.” Uh-huh. I’m told to ask in my local branch. I’m with Lloyds, who closed all branches in Scotland years ago. “Phone a branch in England then.” They’re happy to help. With a TWO WEEK turnaround. For fuck’s sake …
  • Yeah, absolute ballache if you have gone paperless.
  • I topped up my Oyster card the other day using the Oyster app. Super easy to do. Stuck 20 quid on it. All goes through Paypal. Bish bosh, job done.

Congratulations, You have applied £20 of credit to your Oyster Card. You have until 21/05/18 to redeem this credit or the transaction will be cancelled and the amount refunded.

Fucking brilliant. I'm not going to London until the 23rd.

MAYBE YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME THIS BEFORE I COMPLETED THE TRANSACTION RATHER THAN AFTER I'D DONE IT.

ffs

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • One of things that really narks me is that organisations who I’ve gone paperless with also ask me for paper proof of address.

Buying parking permits from the City Council, for example … “We need printed proof of address. We accept only bank statements, utility bills, or Council Tax statements.” My banking is online, my utilities are in my partner’s name, and YOU encouraged me to go paperless for the Council Tax you BASTARDS.
  • g.man wrote:
    I topped up my Oyster card the other day … You have until 21/05/18 to redeem this credit …

Wait what? Oyster credit only lasts a few days? What fresh hell is this?

I’ve never had that problem topping up at physical machines in London. The credit on my Oyster card just sits there until next time I’m down south.
  • We only take paper addresses at my work. We also offer to let people email copies in for us. No one ever takes us up on it, instead they grumble about how hard it is with everything paperless. We do except printed council tax statements from online though, I find it strange places don't considering it's 100% offfial.
  • poprock wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    I topped up my Oyster card the other day … You have until 21/05/18 to redeem this credit …

I’ve never had that problem topping up at physical machines in London. The credit on my Oyster card just sits there until next time I’m down south.
    Existing credit on your Oyster will last indefinitely, but if you top it up with the app you only have a few days to redeem it before the transaction is cancelled and refunded back to you.
  • poprock wrote:
    g.man wrote:

Just has to be activated by taking any journey in that time, still a ludicrously short window.
  • Yeah, too short.

That’ll teach you to be prepared, G. How very dare you.
  • Any reason to use an Oyster card over a contactless card?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You need one for certain types of tickets: monthly/annual travelcards, point to point travel cards (or whatever they’re called).
  • Any reason to use an Oyster card over a contactless card?
    Not particularly. I already have an Oyster card that I've used for years and which still has nine quid of credit on it, and I like to keep things as simple and secure as possible.
  • So I phoned my bank and asked for paper statements. They said two week turnaround BUT instead I could go into the nearest Bank of Scotland and get them instantly. RESULT! So I went over and queued for half a fucking hour in my lunch break, only to be told that yes they can print me a statement, but it would only show transactions and not my address or account details so it would not count as proof of address.

Fucksake.

Back to square one I go.
  • Went to top up my Leap card (Irish Oyster equivalent) last week and was told I'd have to load the top up at a shop or tram station which was equally ridiculous as I wanted to use it on a bus and avoid going to the shop. Apparently you can also do it by NFC but my phone doesn't have it. Could that be an option for you G?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Oh I have plenty of options mate. I'm just mildly fucked off because Oyster didn't tell me their service was fucking useless to me until after I'd completed the transaction.
  • Speaking of the Leap card. I have a yearly bus/luas taxsaver card and at the point of the yearly renewal I also have to tap it on a phone or shop etc. But...you tap the card on the actual bus/luas. Very strange it cant do it all! I presume its all comminucating on the same system.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I had some pork for lunch and I have a bit stuck behind one of my teeth that I just cannot budge.
  • I hate that. They always seem to give us stringy meat for food on OBs, then I spend the whole match trying to suck the inevitable strands from between my teeth.
    Ironically, dental floss is probably the only thing I don't carry in my incredibly overstocked kit-bag.
  • I always carry a tooth pick for just such occasions.
  • I find it hard to believe that you of all people are that organised  :D
  • It's stuck between his teeth.
  • heh
  • One of the things on my pen knife, innit. Always got a nail file and bottle opener, too. It's easy to remember because I feel like MacGyver when I've got it.
  • When I had root canal last year they left it so food gets stuck in the gap easily and seems to get hooked on as well. Picks are no good, has to be floss.
    I don't really want them to correct it though for fear of totally losing the tooth.

Fucking Haribo cunts.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah I was going to say, a tooth pick is only good for stuff in the front grill, the back of your gob needs a good flossing.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Swilling boiling water is most effective.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I've used a tooth pick at the back plenty of times, it works fine. Though, you do need two hands and really can't do it discretely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!