101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • People complaining to the head office of the pub company I work for because staff have been on their phones.

I can think of four reasons people will be on their phones behind the bar:

1 & 2: they’re on glass duty or stock duty (thus not assigned to a till so can’t serve) and they’re taking a breather by the end of the bar, which is clearly a no service area

3: it’s a week day and it’s absolutely dead and they’ve done everything they can so they’re passing the time.

4: they’re a manager contacting staff

Just hate the fucking cretins that populate that place, old myopic shitheads who don’t have a shred of decency amongst them. Zero common sense, packing themselves in like sardines, refusing to move when you’re carrying 20+ glasses, constantly trying to get service when you’re clearly busy serving others, expecting you to be like a golem when you’re not busy.
  • 5. It's none of your fucking business so fuck off you cretin.

I hope that's how they were responded to anyway.
  • Nope, blanket ban on phones now, even during weekday shifts.
  • I thought it was normal for staff’s mobile phones to be banned front of house in customer service jobs. Have things changed in the past few years?
  • Our boss is fairly lax on it because there are times (above) when it’s fine, but no, some people complained to head office. Imagine that’s yer fucking life. Christ. Give us some peace.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We could all write to your head office complaining that all the staff look bored during quiet times and couldn’t you let them use their phones or something.
  • Genuinely believe that a lot of the people who come to my work for drinks or food are on day release from the deepest pits of hell
  • The irony being that if the bar staff were talking to each other instead of being on their phones they'd get no complaints.

Fuck regulars who act like they own the bar and fuck people who complain about low paid service staff, you can complain when this country stops taking the absolute piss out of its workers with current working conditions for the vast majority of service and retail jobs.

You're in the pub not Claridges, jog the fuck on you miserable twats.

You have my utmost sympathies Temps, I had to 'nuff bar work right into my 20s and I fucking hated most of it apart from the people I worked behind the bar with and the glass collectors and the kitchen mans and the bouncers who were all sound.

Big up Pepe my old manager from Apres Bar in Solihull in the 2000s, even though he had the maddest Italian temper I ever saw, he never once turned it on the staff, he always had the staff's back no matter what went down. Fucking don, I actually learned a lot from him about how to not how to not be a cunt if you're managing a team.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It’s not even regulars man, it’s just a constant stream of new morons, each with less common sense than the last
  • Solihull proper up its own arse though, the regulars were absolute middle class aspiring wannabe dickholes. Sorry for the moron parade you get instead, both equally fucky.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Baffles me how they function in the rest of their lives to be honest. These people have jobs and shit? but can’t even work out the simplest of shit when ordering drinks. Standing at the glass wash area waving cash at people who are clearly busy doing other shit. My man, sit the fuck down.
  • Real regulars stick up for staff, and distract the manager when needed.
  • Work colleagues leaving their empties outside the office on a Friday night.

We work in a fancy building on the Strand, and every Friday from 5.30 is a bit of a piss up, which is great.

The smokers go outside and take a beer with them, but security don't let them back in with them, so they started leaving the empties on a wall outside the back of the office (by Embankment gardens). This annoyed me greatly as I'd come to work on Monday (or the weekend, uhuh) and there'd be a row of empties clearly left by our company. I mentioned this in a group work chat and said how it wasn't really acceptable, it's littering, and that we're all adults and if you want to take a beer outside, and you know you can't bring it back in, take it to one of the many bins on Embankment or on the Strand. I know exactly who does this as I see a bunch of smokers leave the office with beers and tabs, then come back with no beers.

I told them I'd name and shame next time.

Last Friday, after working a 65+ hour week, I go out for a tab late on Friday and see this...

YtX8wpS.jpg

r/therewasanattempt

r/trashy

I complained today to the office manager. AIBU? It's like they knew they'd get called out if they left them on the wall again, so they leave by the *cigarette bin*, not even a bin for regular rubbish. These are 100% our beers, it's the brands we have, and I see people go out with them then come back without them. If I went outside eating crisps, or a sandwich or whatever, then just left the empty packet on the wall or at the foot of the cigarette bin, it would not be acceptable.

These are grown fucking adults. This is littering in a nice environment that other people share, and frankly it's embarrassing for us as a company. No one else in the building does this.

I'm really fucked off by this tbh, probably more than I should be. It would take 1 minute to find a bin to put your empty bottle in, but nope, they just leave them on the floor. That they think leaving them at the foot of the cigarette bin is acceptable makes it worse. Walk to a fucking bin you fucking child.

I saw some thrown over a wall too. Jesus fucking christ.
  • Aye, that's just plain cunty behaviour.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yup, it's bad enough outside of a pub (where you kind of expect that) but outside your own office is unacceptable. Management should just threaten to ban alcohol in the office if they don't stop.
  • Bring the empties back in and chuck them.
  • It's security that need a talking to.

Also, I've learned stuff about the different jobs people do behind bars. I've more than likely been annoyed by someone not serving me when it seems they were doing one of the above and not serving punters.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Took 4 reads to realise you didn't mean prison.
  • I always complain about websites that don't load if you leave out "www.", but I'd never encountered one that took you to a different website depending on whether you type it.
    Spoiler:
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mobile games that require you to hear stuff annoy me.

I get that music and sound make nearly all games a chunk better, but if I don't have my headphones & can't blast the sound, then getting stuck on a puzzle game is somewhat frustrating.
  • Where are you working Tempy?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • When the wife tells me that there's a problem with her granddad's laptop and asking if can i fix it. It's not that I really mind looking at laptops for family etc., it's more the awkwardness cos i know the problem already - the laptop is full of malware and viruses cos her grandad downloads all manner of filth!  the download folder is just a sea of downloaded videos that i can only assume he doesn't realise are there, or generally gives no fuck about people seeing them.

then i go fix it and the family will all be there and asking "so what was wrong?" and i have to fudge the truth a bit cos they don't really need to hear what caused it, and it's not really the place for me to recommend he just uses a big streaming site to avoid downloading all manner of shite.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I remember a dim ex of mine telling me their home computer had a virus which was making google searches for Britney Spears naked. She lived at home with her dad and two sisters
  • Lol dad searches are the worst.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    It's security that need a talking to. Also, I've learned stuff about the different jobs people do behind bars. I've more than likely been annoyed by someone not serving me when it seems they were doing one of the above and not serving punters.

I'm with Hodge, should park a couple of bins inside the office door so they can bring them in and bin them there. No idea why security have a problem with the bottles being brought back in, it's ridiculous. Don;t get me wrong yes the staff shld take some presonal responsiobility as well but people are lazy arseholes, so the office should make it as easy as possible for them
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I bet you security won't let them in because they can be used as a weapon?
    This is ludicrous, they originated from inside the building, the weapon was already there.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Threaten security with broken bottle.
  • I think it's more that it's a nice building and they don't want people swaggering around with empty bottles of booze, which is fair enough imo. We have other companies in this building and they're by-and-large suits, not dishevelled devs like we are.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    But they're already wandering down from the office looking all dishevelled and living the swag-life
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!