101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, I think you can set a password if you can be arsed although it'd get a bit annoying. The PIN and pattern things are easily compromised though.
    Encryption isn't the same as a pin. It encrypts all the data on your phone, and requires a password to de encrypt every time your phone is turned on. It's a step before your pin when you turn on your phone.
  • What if your phone isn't turned off?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Then you should remember to turn it off just before you lose it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    People that are handing an item to you or I’m passing an item to them and they turn away before the swap over is completed. From strangers to family I notice this a lot, grinds my gears.
    Things can only get better.
  • Promotional material for radio station DJs. I just think of the conversations in the studios as they shoot it.

"Chris...Chris! Yeah OK, one more shot for us, yeah yeah, look like wacky for us yeah? Safe man, one more? Yeah, like unhinged, stick yer tongue out. Yeah that's it that's it! Oh man, folk are gonna love this!"

Or the Heart FM tv adverts with Emma Binton (I'm keeping that) *looking out to the nation* as she speaks, as if she's fucking JFK delivering a speech. No hen, you're a woman in a room with a microphone and a play button. Stop this madness.

So so so so so inconsequential, but it irks me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What if your phone isn't turned off?

Then you can use a tracking app and find your phone.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    as if she's fucking JFK delivering a speech

I'm trying to imagine this pose.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    A phone PIN is easily compromised? First I’ve heard. If you’re on iOS, you can remotely wipe the device, not sure if Android offers the function.

Yes you can, been doing it for years, although I might have used to use a manufacturer version before

Being as I use Chrome I literally just searched as below and up it popped

SRAYgAN.png
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Well bugger me, I just tried that and it also lets you make it ring for 5 mins until you find it. The amount of times I've asked the missus to ring my phone in the flat and it's been on silent.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Is there also a wipe function, I had that on the Sony app, but they binned it a few years back as google baked this into the OS rather than it being an added extra. Though technically the sony thing was baked into their firmware, fuck I'm confusing myself
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah. You can also lock it and sign out of the Google account. It gives an option to display a message on the lock screen too.
  • It wasn't encrypted and I didn't even have a pin for the lock screen, just swipe up and you're in. Stupid, I know, but I never thought I'd lose it. I changed all my passwords, which I hadn't done in years, so that's a positive at least.
    I'll bear in mind your recommendations for when I get another phone, but for the time being I'm quite happy using my old one.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You can apply a screen lock using the google find my phone thing, so if it's lost and not yet found yo can apply a lock before someone resets the bugger. Hopefully curiosity measn they don;t immediately reset it and try to search photos files etc
  • Tried calling a few minutes after losing it but there was no dial tone. They either switched it off or removed the SIM card almost as soon as I lost it.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Kow wrote:
    as if she's fucking JFK delivering a speech

I'm trying to imagine this pose.

Look at them! Who broadcasts like that?? It's fucking radio! No!
  • Is Masterchef always on?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Come Dine with me always is.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Ice Road Truckers isn't, unfortunately.
  • Fucking shitting windows laptop.

I have a disc usage problem. It is always at 100% despite the fact I have hardly anything on my laptop. Every single fucking thing I try to do takes 5 minutes minimum on a good day. Whether it's open a tab, click the start bar, or even control+alt+delete. Sometimes things take considerably longer.

it can literally take an hour to go from startup to having a single webpage open and loaded.

google and YouTube vids suggest this is a known bug. Loads of people suffer with it. There are tutorials to fix it too, but I can't follow the step by step instructions without functionality grinding to an absolute halt.

Why the fuck do I even have to follow a set of instructions like this to fix a bug in windows? There are YouTube vids over a year old that tell me how this can be fixed. Why isn't my laptop doing it automatically? Why haven't MS automated a solution? Surely there must be a reason. Surely it isn't incompetence.

Been trying to fix this for the last two hours and basically got nowhere. But trying and failing has sent my stress levels somewhere crazy. Something about staring at window after faded window with 'not responding' in the corner just sends me loopy. Over and over again the same fucjing thing. I want to attack something. It's wound me up so much I expect I won't be able to sleep tonight.
  • Factory reset?
  • Not even the task manager is responding.

• I actually think I could win a fight right now
  • Will think about other solutions tomorrow. i need to not be in the same room as this laptop until at least tomorrow so I can cool down
  • Do you have auto updates on? Because it looks like it was patched if it sthe same issue im finding people having.
    Anyway, that's not all that helpful right now.

As Dante says boot to safe mode...
    https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1778

Then check for updates and see if you are fully up to date.

If the problem persists uninstall all anti virus and Skype.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Disc usage is some problem in the system. It's nothing to do with how full the laptop is. Maybe a system restore would work.
  • Factory reset the bastard.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I had the same problem on previous laptops and it can be sorted by disabling Windows Search and Superfetch (obv doesn't always work). Worked for me though woop.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fucking shitting windows laptop. I have a disc usage problem. It is always at 100% despite the fact I have hardly anything on my laptop. Every single fucking thing I try to do takes 5 minutes minimum on a good day

I have similar on my laptop. It's something to do with a windows ten function cLLed superfetch. Give it a google and you can bring it down. I think the OS itself hammers diskuse to keep all recent actions close so it can find things quickly. Something about turning Siri off (obviously not Siri, but that girl from Halo, the windows equivalent) kinda helps

edit: Just seen DS said similar, so yeah do that
  • I actually think I could win a fight right now

Haha.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!