101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s a free phone number at the bottom of the Apple UK store page.

https://www.apple.com/uk/

The chances of them accepting Euros, however, are basically zero.
  • The store has a Chat Now link on this product. You can then click shopping help and chat with us online to do a webchat.
  • poprock wrote:
    Hassle with Virgin Media …

Since I last mentioned this, I’ve had three hour-long (ish) calls with VM’s customer support and a chat with their in-store advisors. The upshot of all of that back and forth was that I have two options: drop my service to their lowest tariff of £24 a month while I’m living elsewhere, or close my account completely (including sending my router back to them) and sign up again as a new customer in four months time when I move back in (including connection fees and waiting for a new router, etc). Every advisor told me closing my account was the better option because I’d get such great deals signing back up again.

Tonight I phoned to close my account. Half an hour into the conversation they told me only the special disconnection team could do it and I was put on hold for 20 minutes because they were ‘very busy’. When I eventually got through and went through the whole chat again … they wanted to persuade me not to cancel after all and instead to drop to the lowest tariff but let them credit me for two months of it.

So I pointed out that I would need it credited for four months, not two. Back on hold for another 10 minutes, then they said that I could phone again after two months and hope to be offered further credit. If they don’t offer further credit, I can cancel.

Why is this suddenly my problem? I’m the customer, they need to keep their own house in order.

So theoretically I’m potentially covered for four months and can just call up and ask for a great new deal on a proper tariff when I move back in. But wait a minute – I’m not a new customer so I won’t get one of these great deals. Now the guy tells me that he can make me an offer on a discounted deal, but not until the time comes.

Right, so now I’m gambling on the potential of a possible deal in four months time. But at least I don’t need to post a router back. Woohoo.

But wait a minute. If I cancel after two months because they can’t give me any further credit for the last two … then I’ll shut my account. But that comes with a 30 day notice period, so I’ll have to pay for those 30 days? No, apparently payments are in advance not arrears. Okay. But after that 30 day period, I’ll be wanting to move back in to my house and sign up as a new customer in another month. “Ah, you can’t do that Sir. You need to wait three months before you can sign up as a new customer.”

Fucking hell. Where’s that Picard facepalm gif?

I think I’d rather be negotiating a Brexit deal than going through all this shit.
  • That’s all REALLY FUCKING BORING for anyone who is not me. But ranting helps keep me from actually getting angry, so there it is.
  • Sounds like you spoke to reasonable people earlier only to be dealt with by a team leader on shift who doesn't want another disconnection on his watch.
  • Ironically the ‘don’t disconnect!’ guy is the first one to seem reasonable on the phone, even though he’s probably actually trying to shaft me.
  • I feel your pain Pops. Next time I see you ask me to tell you the story about the Sunset+Vine pension debacle that happened to me today. It's far too long to write down, but it involves a telephone switchboard operator and GDPR, and it practically had me getting on a plane to London today just to kick the living fuck out of this clown.

I'm still raging hours later, but the punchline is a sublime exercise in utter frustration and irony

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    GDPR
    *has PTSD attack*
  • o/
  • Argh. I sympathise.

I have three pensions because the first provider failed to transfer my pot to the second when instructed. Then when they eventually started the process, the second provider failed to respond to them within the allotted timeframe. While it was still unresolved I changed jobs and had a third pension started up for me. Now the first provider won’t believe I’m actually me (because my old employer won’t verify it), the second provider won’t transfer to the third until they’ve received the pot from the first (because the process was begun and hasn’t completed yet), and I’m getting statements from all three.
  • Heh. Where I'm falling victim is this newish government legislation that says EVERY COMPANY MUST PROVIDE A PENSION FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES bullshit.
    I say bullshit because while I do work for a lot of different companies in my business, I'm not a fucking employee. I'm a freelancer. A sole trader. But no! suddenly every bastard I work for is trying to automatically sign me up to their works pension scheme, without giving me instructions on how to opt-the fuck-out.
    I do not want dozens of tiny pensions to manage thank you very much.
  • Well, no. Because then you end up with shite like the above.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I want to hear the Sunset and Vine story. I'm sure I speak for everybody.
  • Sorry Kow, it's just too much of a shaggy dog story to justify the time it would take to type out.
    I may perform it at the Edinburgh Fringe this year though.
  • You only get a one hour slot, but.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bah.
  • No, moo.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Birdy Birdy tweet tweet.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bloody self-assessment tax return day. £300 lighter. For some reason I was given back £175 last year with more or less the same circumstances. So was bit of a surprise. Cheers HMRC.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They need to find £350M a week to give to the NHS from somewhere.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh.

I need to stop being a dick and not leave this to be stung in January.

I have to do this because we claim child benefit and I'm told I earn too much. Still finish up ahead but a pain to have to do.

Have 1 one more year of this and then I'll be done with it.

pre MOT car service tomorrow too - so that's my pay for Feb fucked and it hasn't even started yet.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Car insurance, car itv (nct/mot) and new tires due. Looks like no Resident Evil for me this month.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why do fuckbags on YouTube never just do something? They always have to go ahead and do something
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hey guys, I'm just going to go ahead and stick my finger in my ass.
  • Old people moaning about those stupid, vain, fame-chasing YouTube fuckers.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Old people moaning about other old people.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    yo what is up YooToob yo boy DickSmasher8000 here now a lot of you guys have been asking for this in the comments so let's just get right into it here we go
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!