101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    A 30 minute drive to the dentist only to be told by the receptionist "oh, your appointment has been cancelled, didn't you get the message?"
    No, clearly I didn't get the message.
  • Goober, your dentist phoned. Your appointment is cancelled apparently.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Every day, the wards get delivered top ups to their drug pods with general medicine, or fluids for IV's, or whatever etc. Every. Day.

So when I'm taken off to do these deliveries from the hospital pharmacy (which I'm fine with cos I'm "out of the way" from the usual madness/shite) it grates heavily when I ask for the required signature from a ward nurse that says I've delivered what they've requested and I get met with "what am I signing for??? is this me signing my life away lol???"

Hen. Just shut yer fucking hole and sign it. Was maybe scraping towards slightly funny the first time, a year ago. What are you signing for? The same shit you sign for every single day, without fail. The shit you requested.

Every. Day.
  • I'm with the nurse on this. You'll start to find it funny in three years, then a two year spell that it grates again, and then you'll find it hilarious again for the next five.
  • Recently arrived bearded English and American tech startup hipster cunts celebrating the 'cheap' 900 euro rent they've secured for their new-build studio apartment, all the while preaching the intricacies of how Berlin is changing to people who have lived their whole lives here.

They genuinely seem to believe they have something valuable to contribute to any and every discussion.
  • tech startup hipster cunts

Ugh. The worst.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not a surprise, we all know the legal systems primary role is to prevent theft of wealth from the rich.
  • Yeah that's a piss take.
    I cant really blame pubs for taking them up on it either, the pressures to keep pubs open are immense and the airing costs obscene.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s a bit beyond your standard piracy, it was an organised enterprise that made £5m over 10 years.
  • £5m you say? Hmmmm
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s a bit beyond your standard piracy, it was an organised enterprise that made £5m over 10 years.

Yeah, from piracy. It's still an outrageous sentence.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Feels more like fraud than piracy to me
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bit of both really.
  • FYI it is nearly £2000 a month for a pub to air BT Sport and Sky Sports. Due to go up bt 5% each next season and Amazon will be showing games as well so that is an extra cost.

The market for piracy has been made by the rights holders.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't have the energy for this conversation right now, but I don't agree that that legitimises the pubs doing this, let alone the people selling it to the pubs cut price.
  • Realistically it could be the choice between piracy of football and lose their business.

Things are incredibly tough for pubs now and football brings in the punters. Not airing it means no cash in the tills, paying legit in many cases will be taking that money straight out of the tills and into Murdoch's hands.

I can totally see why a landlord would do it. Their business, sometimes their home, their staff livelihoods, the social hub of a community at risk.

Pubs are getting fucked every which way, breweries are cunts, supermarkets undercutting, big chains undercutting.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I don't have the energy for this conversation right now, but I don't agree that that legitimises the pubs doing this, let alone the people selling it to the pubs cut price.

Nor do I but 7 years? It's not that it's fine but bloody hell what a sentence. If there was violence involved, or forced labour or some dodgy factory set up then sure, double it.

But tech entertainment circumventing does not deserve a stint like that. Greed breeds greed.
  • I was in really good mood this morning until I noticed that someone has crashed into my car overnight and fucked off without leaving a note. Just had a repair quote of around £400. Lovely. Then I got a bullshit letter from some random debt collectors claiming that I owe money to an energy company I’ve never heard of at an address I lived at four years ago, so I’ve spent two hours on the phone trying to tell them to piss off.

My mood has been downgraded to ‘okay’.
  • I’m going to a rum tasting tonight. Mood upgraded back to ‘good’.
  • Went and cleared the heavy stone attached via chain to my ankle that was my Very account on Friday. Over four hundo in a one'er. Phew. Gimme dat credit score baby.

So I go onto their site this morning to look at that sweet sweet Zero Balance, and I guess to close the fucker but it's still showing my balance as it was before Friday. Hmm. That's weird.

Go onto Live Chat. Turns out they sold my account to a third party debt agency and now I need to contact my bank, reverse the payment, and then pay the third party. Couple more hoops to jump through but fuck me lads, you could've told me. Or at least put a notice on my account homepage when I logged in! Sake.

This payment reversal thingy should be relatively easy, right?
  • That's fucking outrageous. Hopefully it's straightforward to sort it out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's surely some kind of beach of data protection.
  • It's called a chargeback and it can take a while, but that doesn't mean it will. I had to do one when a website was dodgy and it took 2 weeks.
  • The payment to Very is still "pending" in my RBS account so hopefully it can be reversed before it goes through. Scouse cunt on the phone at Very was as cheeky as they come, too.
  • The payment to Very is still "pending" in my RBS account so hopefully it can be reversed before it goes through. Scouse cunt on the phone at Very was as cheeky as they come, too.
    Calm down Gav, calm down.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Ey?

So, payment reversed. 3-5 days for it to show, then back out to the debt folk. Fuck sake.

Not to mention the 45 quid FedEx are chasing me for, for a pair of boots I got from a site in america that charged me a nominal amount for "shipping" anyway. Fantastic.

I've nae fuckin luck.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck the debt company. Those vulture pricks shouldn't get a penny.
  • I wish, but the last letter they sent had "DO NOT IGNORE THIS. THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY" in big letters at the top so hey guess I better just fuckin drop everything and get right on it.

Pricks.
  • I got one at the weekend. WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU at the the top of the letter. It’s from an energy company I’ve never heard of, claiming that I’m liable for debts at an address I lived at over four years ago. I looked the company up. They didn’t even exist back when I lived there.

The letter includes no figures supposedly owed, no dates the debt was supposedly accrued over, no details of services supposedly provided. Not even any contact details, except one ‘payments’ phone number. Which wasn’t even answered when I tried calling it. But it did include threats of debt collectors and bailiffs.

Aye, right. Jog on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!