PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    No, no, no G. Soo cynical. 

As they have formally stated they got access to the shareplay api gubbins too late in the dev cycle and can't patch it in because.. err... because... potato.

Sooooo cynical... *cough*
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Quite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm not surprised really, I don't understand why any dev's would want to put it in their game.
  • erm shareplay is a system level thing, what do Acti have to do?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It has the potential to work as an advert for some games. Not for an already massive franchise that usually runs at 60fps though.
  • To me it's far and away the best COD campaign, in terms of adrenaline fuelled action if not plot, since the original Modern Warfare -it's a cracker with no expense spared, it's a shitfest for OR atm but assuming I get my DK2 soon i really hope its playable, its the kind of thing i'd like to see enjoyable on it

The MP looks typically uninspiring mind
  • pantyfire wrote:
    erm shareplay is a system level thing, what do Acti have to do?
    Sony were quoted yesterday as saying while its a system level thing, debs have the power to disable it for individual titles.
    Dunno how true that is, but that's what they said.
  • g.man wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    erm shareplay is a system level thing, what do Acti have to do?
    Sony were quoted yesterday as saying while its a system level thing, debs have the power to disable it for individual titles. Dunno how true that is, but that's what they said.
    exactly no engineering/patching needed acti side other than the decision to not allow it, because... peasant arent allowed.
  • I_R wrote:
    It has the potential to work as an advert for some games. Not for an already massive franchise that usually runs at 60fps though.

But you can play the entire game so you'd have no need to buy it. Surely they could have implemented a time limit and all dev's would have been happy as it basically makes it a demo?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    It has the potential to work as an advert for some games. Not for an already massive franchise that usually runs at 60fps though.
    But you can play the entire game so you'd have no need to buy it. Surely they could have implemented a time limit and all dev's would have been happy as it basically makes it a demo?
    You need a friend willing to leave their PS4 running don't you? Puts it in the same bracket as borrowing the disc to me, just not as good.
  • There is a time limit built into the shareplay thing. Its 30mins or something.
  • Think it's 60mins?
  • ...which is probably the length of a CoD campaign these days.

zing!

g.man
  • There's a one hour limit. It then transfers back to the host so the host would need to be around to enable it again so the person sharing could continue. 

I still can't see me ever using this feature, as nice an idea as it is, it seems a bit redundant. As does the multiplayer side of it. When you can play online anyway what is the point?
  • gman, always showing me up.
    YOUR NOT MY DAD. I DIDNT ASK TO BE BORN.
    [storms off, slams bedroom door]
  • There's a one hour limit. It then transfers back to the host so the host would need to be around to enable it again so the person sharing could continue.  I still can't see me ever using this feature, as nice an idea as it is, it seems a bit redundant. As does the multiplayer side of it. When you can play online anyway what is the point?
    I think it's a cracking idea. If you have a mate on whose like "hows Forza 2?' you can give them a go.
    Or if Sparky (its always sparky) cant get past a bit or wants to know where a secret is then you can chip in get control and show them.
  • Yeah I get that. It is a great idea. I suppose we'll see. I'm still not convinced as you can just bang YouTube up on your phone in a second to find secrets and see what a game is like etc...
  • But people Chalice.
    interaction.
    shits and giggles.
    the humanity

Anyway I have this on 360 for the teen im pedalling it to. He hasn't sent me his address so it looks like i might cane the SP this weekend and send it on Monday.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    There's a one hour limit. It then transfers back to the host so the host would need to be around to enable it again so the person sharing could continue.  I still can't see me ever using this feature, as nice an idea as it is, it seems a bit redundant. As does the multiplayer side of it. When you can play online anyway what is the point?
    I think it's a cracking idea. If you have a mate on whose like "hows Forza 2?' you can give them a go.
    Or if Sparky (its always sparky) cant get past a bit or wants to know where a secret is then you can chip in get control and show them.

Not all games that have mp are online, look at Trials Fusion or Towerfall there only local play
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Here's the original story about the CoD blocking. There's an interesting update right at the end of Crossley's article that suggests that Sharing has also been disabled on CoD: Ghosts.

the plot thickens

g.man
  • True. So let me get this straight, when the host gives control over to the other player, the host will see everything the other player is doing on his screen? Is that vice versa?

Boss challenges and speedruns in games like Dark Souls could be fucking awesome fun if so. It'd be like passing the controller on the couch. 

If that's possible of course...
  • Update1: Backtracking
    Update2: flimflam
    Update3: ....
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Yeh I'm keen to play the SP as Giantbomb said it was one of the best in a while. I'll probably wait until the next game is released and grab it when it's cheaper.

The SP is very enjoyable and certainly better than the last few efforts. MP, I still don't like much. The movement and expos are fine but the levels are trying to be all things to everyone so they don't offer enough ability to use the exos fully, like Crysis 2 and 3, but they also don't flow well if you choose the non exo modes.
  • True. So let me get this straight, when the host gives control over to the other player, the host will see everything the other player is doing on his screen? Is that vice versa?

Boss challenges and speedruns in games like Dark Souls could be fucking awesome fun if so. It'd be like passing the controller on the couch. 

If that's possible of course...

That's pretty much the size of it. Girlfriend's son was doing it last night with Destiny. He sat and watched his mate play and chatted over the mic. Pretty funky.

• Can you switch instantly though? Or do you have to go through the Share menu and switch over every time? I must try this out tonight...

I'm thinking about Level 1 runs on Bloodborne already: - one life each, see how far you can get...

Now that I've given it some thought this is actually quite cool...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Indeed. Had a similar experience during an Atheon fight. All seats were taken so the fella dropped in to view someone's game for the big finale and was shouting out Supplicants and whatnot. Quality was fine apparently.  

A nice little perk really. 

I'm sure Tred mentioned he was using it lots for previously 'couch only' mp too. Towerfall Ascension is a great game but it's much more fun in mp. Works a treat apparently.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I pressed X.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    There's a one hour limit. It then transfers back to the host so the host would need to be around to enable it again so the person sharing could continue.  I still can't see me ever using this feature, as nice an idea as it is, it seems a bit redundant. As does the multiplayer side of it. When you can play online anyway what is the point?

Bastardo!

Any time you need help with the Mordor sword challenges give me a shout.
  • Has anyone got (on Xbox One) two game files in the Manage Game tab?

I have one loaded which is 45.9gb and another under ready to install at 46.2gb.

Tis wierd.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Might be a region-switching thing matey, I had the same the other day with MCC - I just deleted one of them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!