Titancall Of Duty
  • It's fine as a shooting game, and is a fair bit more exciting than Destinys endless repetition. It was the perfect antidote the mundane feeling I was getting from Destiny. It may still be the same game that was released 8 years ago, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game.
  • That's veteran and all the Intel, done now. Really enjoyed that, great SP, crazy Michael Bay type madness. Loved it.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Well there's another article on EG suggesting that it's done far less well than ghosts, so maybe this really is the beginning of the end?

Id like to see it go back to ww2 personally. Can't stand this 'gritty' modern warfare nonsense. That goes doubly for battlefield.

I'd say it's done very poorly.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Well there's another article on EG suggesting that it's done far less well than ghosts, so maybe this really is the beginning of the end? Id like to see it go back to ww2 personally. Can't stand this 'gritty' modern warfare nonsense. That goes doubly for battlefield.
    ...and you'd be completely wrong, because the figures are apparently in, and Advanced Warfare has sold more copies in it's first week than the combined first week sales of Destiny, Titanfall and Wolfenstein put together.

somebody is buying it

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    How isWW2 less gritty?
  • The problem with AW and the BlOps games is the sterile, boring future tech and copy and paste levels. They need more grit, not less.
  • I liked the grittiness of the MW games, I kike the future tech BLOPS and AW games. I think there's too many people who haven't played it sticking their 2 cents in and Im not sure what the others expected, it's CoD, big, brash, nuts but enjoyable. I don't care if that makes me one of 'the masses' just like I don't care if going to see Transforners at the cinema also makes me so. I enjoy therefore I do.

I'm glad it's sold bucket loads as I'd like to see another.
  • My problem is it's trying too hard not to be CoD. Bar some frame rate issues, I much prefer Ghost because it plays more like CoD4 online than the others. AW wants to be Crysis or Halo and I don't want to play those!
  • But there are three different versions of CoD over three years though now and they couldn't all be too similar, that would just be overkill like the end of last gen. They need three that feel different from one another.

And sorry Im referring specifically to the SP as I don't play CoD MP.
  • three1ne wrote:
    It wasn't bad.  Nothing stood out.
    But that's enough about your mum!

BOOM!

With a dry cool wit like that...
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • g.man wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Well there's another article on EG suggesting that it's done far less well than ghosts, so maybe this really is the beginning of the end? Id like to see it go back to ww2 personally. Can't stand this 'gritty' modern warfare nonsense. That goes doubly for battlefield.
    ...and you'd be completely wrong, because the figures are apparently in, and Advanced Warfare has sold more copies in it's first week than the combined first week sales of Destiny, Titanfall and Wolfenstein put together.

somebody is buying it

g.man

And compared to other Call of Duty games?
  • It's sold more than some and less than others. I don't think Activision will be panicking anytime soon though. Every year it is predicted that the CoD bubble will burst ...and it just doesn't. It sells to a very broad market by the gazillion and it's absolutely battering the competition.
  • Ali wrote:
    My problem is it's trying too hard not to be CoD. Bar some frame rate issues, I much prefer Ghost because it plays more like CoD4 online than the others. AW wants to be Crysis or Halo and I don't want to play those!

They have playlists without the exosuit abilities you know - barebones  CoD4 style. It's a lot closer to MW than you might think.  Forget the future tech, there are some weapons that are based on reality and feel reasonably authentic. 

The multiplayer is the best I've played on next gen. Its a lovely, solid,  punchy affair. 

Great fun.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's sold more than some and less than others. I don't think Activision will be panicking anytime soon though. Every year it is predicted that the CoD bubble will burst ...and it just doesn't. It sells to a very broad market by the gazillion and it's absolutely battering the competition.

Its the FIFA effect innit, there's millions of gamers out there that play just one or two titles, and those titles are CoD and/or FIFA. Fuck all else matters to them.
  • It's a fair enough standpoint.  I don't have enough time or money for any of my games so at least those people who pick one are getting their monies worth. 

I mean, Dark Souls has lasted me years.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah I ain't knocking them for it. I'm mainly a Football Manager gamer with other stuff in-between these days.
  • They clearly won't be panicking any time soon, even a poor selling Cod will outsell anything but FIFA, or GTA when they come along. But it isn't the monster it once was.

What it does have is a long tail. It's one of the few evergreen titles these days. And they will clean up in map packs.

Cod won't crash like Guitar Hero did. So there won't be a bubble bursting. But I doubt there will be another 'biggest entertainment launch ever' claim from them. It will continue to rake in money, partly due to the cheap way they make them compared to the EA approach. But the money montain won't be as big as it was.
  • I noticed this year that the general advertisement and media coverage is not as prevalent. Now that could just be me not noticing it, but this game doesn't seem to have had the same exposure as previous titles.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It got a double spread, full on feature in The Sun, but then that is the right demographic.
  • Talking to the Activision rep, they are trying to find better value ways of advertising. They spent 500,000 on cardboard for example in the campaign for AW, and a ton of that is shitty cubes no one wants or need.
  • Ali wrote:
    My problem is it's trying too hard not to be CoD. Bar some frame rate issues, I much prefer Ghost because it plays more like CoD4 online than the others. AW wants to be Crysis or Halo and I don't want to play those!

They have playlists without the exosuit abilities you know - barebones  CoD4 style. It's a lot closer to MW than you might think.  Forget the future tech, there are some weapons that are based on reality and feel reasonably authentic. 

But most maps don't play well in non exo mode because that's not what they were designed for, except Gorge, which is a CoD4 map! There is fun to be had, but I still prefer Ghosts.
  • With Netflix and other tv on demand getting more popular I guess tv advertising is less effective now. Especially for a reasonably tech savvy online demographic as gamers.
    I suspect their focus was more to the web advertising side this year.
    Tv advertising has always been expensive and I think has had some 'we've made it as a medium' cachet for a relatively new entertainment medium but I also suspect it's too broad to be cost effective for gaming.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I gather you don't watch much tv iirc, because the AW trailer is all over it at the mo, and it must have cost a fucktonne of money to make.
  • Yeah if anything it's been more in your face than previous years. Spacey's digital mug has been everywhere for the last six months!!!
  • I finished the s/p last night, initially thought it was boring and dull but after a few hours it just takes off and doesn't stop until the end credits, it was fantastic (nothing new but some truly brilliant levels, also a great looking game).
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Yep. What was your favourite part? I loved the Hades decoy with the lady soldier in the town and the subsequent escape. That was some great fun right there.
  • I couldn't pick just one but the bus jumping on the highway was great, and everything after it just kept on getting better (hades decoy was a real stand out).
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • I barely watch any broadcast tv anymore.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Looks like SP has BF4 issues. Got to the Hades decoy part, saved the game and now, everytime I try to load it, it crashes!
  • Oh look a thread for a game that’s a sequel
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!