Titancall Of Duty
  • Made impulse decision and purchased this digitally, downloading now on 360. not bought a COD game since modern warfare 2 i don't think so don't feel too bad.
  • Don't feel bad. It's  a fantastic game.
  • Really is. Just started my Veteran Playthrough and gotta find all the Intel then I'm done with it. Fantastic game.
  • I'm taking that people are very much enjoying the campaign then, i couldnt be arsed with the mp even nearly, but assuming the positive comments refer to the campaign then I do have to agree that its one of the finest examples of its sort of late (not a very high bar admittedly), in terms of pure injecting technical pretty (i'll leave aesthetics as another matter) into your eyeballs, on the PC, this is the new standard, and does for the genre and attitude to how a game presents itself a similar powerful change as the concept set in motion, i felt, in the first Modern Warfare - a game that felt like a film, and as a relentless series of well choreographed setpieces that put it up as also a true action figurehead (I always compare MW with contra 3 internally)

Begrudging given my lack of love for this kind of game, i like it. If they can get games like this working as OR experiences (stuck record i know) without being intense shitfests, a very stimulating avenue for action fans would have been opened
  • Yeah I'm talking specifically about the SP, couldn't be less interested in the MP if I tried.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its still COD at the end of the day - only so many 'follow the dumb AI' campaigns I can stomach.

I don't think the near future tech adds enough to make it stand out from every other iteration. The introduction of boost & jumps etc smells more like keeping up with the Jones', rather than an honest attempt at revitalising a stagnant franchise. Most importantly; the Exo movement isn't a patch on Titanfall's seamless traversal.

Let the masses wallow in it.
  • It's a fine example of an FPS campaign. Leaps and bounds ahead of Bungie's pathetic attempt. It may not set any new standards but it's very entertaining nevertheless.  

Many people seem to rubbish it purely because it's a CoD game. Some of the weapons are joyous.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Its still COD at the end of the day - only so many 'follow the dumb AI' campaigns I can stomach. I don't think the near future tech adds enough to make it stand out from every other iteration. The introduction of boost & jumps etc smells more like keeping up with the Jones', rather than an honest attempt at revitalising a stagnant franchise. Most importantly; the Exo movement isn't a patch on Titanfall's seamless traversal. Let the masses wallow in it.
    This +1
    It shows lots of promise with the stealth level and the grappling level but it never capitalises on any of them. It's a decent campaign tho. 
    It's more coherent than Destiny, I'll give it that.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's a fine example of an FPS campaign. Leaps and bounds ahead of Bungie's pathetic attempt. It may not set any new standards but it's very entertaining nevertheless.   Many people seem to rubbish it purely because it's a CoD game. Some of the weapons are joyous.
    Apples and oranges though, innit.

I'm sure I'd enjoy the campaign. I enjoyed MW & MW2. But fuck COD. Pink lasers FTW.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    I'm sure Tred mentioned he was using it lots for previously 'couch only' mp too. Towerfall Ascension is a great game but it's much more fun in mp. Works a treat apparently.

Ooh, another one to try.  Chalice - attempt two this eve, or are you on the lash again?
  • For me its proving pure entertainment and loads of nerdwanking over the graphics, which really are an achievement on a technical level (again, not talking aesthetics, its harder to have me less enthused regarding art direction other than some very good use of lighting)
  • It's a fine example of an FPS campaign. Leaps and bounds ahead of Bungie's pathetic attempt. It may not set any new standards but it's very entertaining nevertheless.   Many people seem to rubbish it purely because it's a CoD game. Some of the weapons are joyous.
    Apples and oranges though, innit. I'm sure I'd enjoy the campaign. I enjoyed MW & MW2. But fuck COD. Pink lasers FTW.

Not really. Not when Destiny's 'campaign'  was universally pounded. It really was an insult Bungies' legacy.
  • The campaign is freaking awesome so far. Loving all the outlandish yet realistic in the future weaponry.

I'm trying to play without using the snap-on aiming because i assume that's disabled in MP? 

The cut scenes.. are they live actors? it looks amazing on 360. like.. wtf amazing.
  • Destinys best bit of storytelling was cut after the Alpha.
  • I just bought this the other day for PS3, but I am now able to pick up a PS4 today and I was wondering if there was any upgrade path for a tenner like there was with the last version? It was the physical copy I bought from Saintsbury's.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • No., only digital upgrade
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    No., only digital upgrade

CEX offer £30 for a trade in, so I'll just go with that. Thanks.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

That's not too bad ,  as the Ps4 version is £40 in Tesco
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Do the cex prices differ from the website to in store?
  • Also depends whether you have store credit or cash. Less for cash obviously.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Do the cex prices differ from the website to in store?
    They don't differ.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It wasn't bad. 
    Nothing stood out.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • pantyfire wrote:
    They don't differ.

Cheers. I went to Game and got £34 for COD: AW PS3 and £19 for Titanfall 360, so got Forza Horizon 2 for £45 and Titanfall Bone for £18. Not a bad trade, I must say. 

I did notice that my PS3 progress carried over to my PS4, which was handy. Can anybody tell me if my BF progress and season pass would carry over if I bought it for PS4?

• That's pretty scathing isn't it?

I really don't understand how this series carries on going.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • It's a reactionary review. Eurogamer seem to wait for everyone else's reviews then fly off in a different direction. I wonder how much of it is honest reviewing and how much is click bait controversy? There have been a few similar reviews of late from them.
  • Reads like a cheap Destiny clone. Pass.
  • Wrong thread, was attempting humour in the Master Chief collection thread it'll do though.
  • JRPC wrote:

That's pretty scathing isn't it?

I really don't understand how this series carries on going.

Kids.
  • Well there's another article on EG suggesting that it's done far less well than ghosts, so maybe this really is the beginning of the end?

Id like to see it go back to ww2 personally. Can't stand this 'gritty' modern warfare nonsense. That goes doubly for battlefield.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!