Monster Hunter
  • @nina - internet seems fixed. Gonna have lunch now but will be around in a couple of hours, if you are.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I probably can't make it tonight, unless B gets bored of whatever he is doing now. Maybe if I wake up early enough or your Sunday morning. I did check for updates and that seems to be good.
  • Coolio, see you tomorrow.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Alas, the final title update:

tl;dw: There's a palico outfit which makes your cat a miniature Fatalis and the cat's weapon is a tiny hunter and when the cat sheathes the weapon it looks like the hunter has mounted him.  What a good game.
    Fatalis is added on October 1st.

Haven't booted it up since Furious Rajang but I'll have to get back on and tick off those last three monsters.  It deserves a good sendoff.  I don't get excited by games much anymore so it's been a rare pleasure to see this game, well, exist in the first place, and then receive the success it deserves.  I dropped off towards the end but it's one of the few games I've lost a thousand hours to and one of very few I don't slightly regret spending so much time with.  I mean I might've fought Kulve a bit less but otherwise I'm happily tooting away.
  • I hopped into PC Icebourne this month and it's bloody lovely.  I have the whole expansion to play, which is delicious. Put in too many hundreds of hours (7-800?) on PS4, but I've conceded that I have to permanently move to PC, despite a paltry 200 hours lol

My only improvement would have been the ability to merge saves - sooooooooo many good PS4 decorations lol.  Took me a year to let go of my cherished PS4 save, but it's for the greater good.

One of my top 2 gaming franchaises.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I somehow need to wean myself offa Destiny to get on with Iceborne. Guh. It will probably involve getting my Destiny regulars to do the same.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    I hopped into PC Icebourne this month and it's bloody lovely.  I have the whole expansion to play, which is delicious. Put in too many hundreds of hours (7-800?) on PS4, but I've conceded that I have to permanently move to PC, despite a paltry 200 hours lol My only improvement would have been the ability to merge saves - sooooooooo many good PS4 decorations lol.  Took me a year to let go of my cherished PS4 save, but it's for the greater good. One of my top 2 gaming franchaises.

I am in the same position. I wanna get back into this but PC is clearly superior. I only have 300 hours on PS4 and my gear is old news, so maybe i should purchase it and start afresh. 

Wanna team up, and help me through the early hum-drum? ;)

They've been giving out decent decorations for all these anniversaries and events etc. I feel they're not as important as previous games. You can beat any monster in MHW without being min-maxed. Its all about play, not stats.
  • @Curtis - yeah. just take the plunge mate.  I haven't regretted it one bit.  My lad started again on PC yesterday too and unlocked LR 5*, so you motor through.  As you say, it's all about the play - decoration tinkering is marginal but good fun too.

I've actually gone back to old skool full armour sets for Icebourne rather than mix and match, just cuz!

Happy to help ease the LR/HR pain if required.
  • Not played for a couple of weeks, but have got through everything that I want to do except for Alatreon and Fatalis.

If anyone needs the challenge then let me know.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That doesn't sound like Generations Ultimate...

We finished all HR multiplayer quests for that couple weeks ago, have 3 G4 rank quests left, with a possible unlock in there. It's a 5 hyper monster arena quest, hyper Silver Rathalos and Crimson Fatalis. It's a lot of pain. We also unlocked EX Frost Gammoth, that's been a wall too.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm holding off any MH urges and waiting until Rise drops next year, then i'm gonna go full-time obsession with it.

That said, just talking about it has made me wanna re-visit my Palico save on MHGU. I love it because its a  streamlined version of the MH experience without the need for grinding...or stamina. lol!
  • Nice one, Nina - loved the GU content, but lost track of the flow tbh.  I think I was on the way to unlock Bloodbath Diablos, but no idea what it entailed lol.

Curtis, I'd say Icebourne can be completed with out substantial grinding.  The only thing I did grind a bit was the multi alliance Kulve Taroth equivalent.
  • The inevitable collaboration is live:

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD: ICEBORNE
  • Available for 2 days. Wonder if it will come back or if it literally is a one time event.
    Look forward to a patch adding the content and another to remove it if that is the case.

Still, haven't got Iceborne so I can't do it anyway.
  • I got Icebourne late, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it.  If you get it I'd be happy to mooch around.

Small update this morning.
  • It's available for a year - fail reading on my part.

Small update - it was 1.3GB, but I have to do it if they aren't going to remove the content for a year.

Don't tempt me with Iceborne. Got enough on my pile of shame as it is :-)

£19 on cdkeys at mo.
  • Bargain.  I'd definitely be up for getting everything.  I've played it through, but not properly. You know the score.
  • Damn you Ayns. Bought :-)
  • Are you reading this Curtis?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Managed to repel Old Fatalis today (the white one, I honestly don't know which one is which), so that's another tick for G4 MHGU. Didn't do enough damage to kill it, but hey, completed is completed.

It's getting harder to find fun stuff to do in this game. The next G4 on the list is a 5 hyper monster arena quest (Mitzu, Astalos, Gammoth, Glav and Diablos). We got to Glavenus today, but ran out of time (and potions), so we need to shave some serious minutes off of that to be able to even get to Diablos. 

The other G4 option is hyper Silver Rath, who usually kills me before I can even start thinking about what to do about this.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    SO I picked up World and Iceborne a while ago on a mates recommendation (don't judge me they were very cheap!) - I have never played a MonHun before and I am hearing they can be very opaque - any suggestions on how to make it slightly less so?
  • When I first played MH I bounced off it hard. Only went back because I got a freebie on the 3DS. I’d say perseverance is the main thing, one you break into the core gameplay loop of HH tin good and crafting it starts to get its hooks in.

I’ve only just started MHW (2 hours or so), having discovered it’s on gamepass. Love it so far.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Try a couple different weapons that might appeal, there's a lot of different play styles available.

If you got both World and Iceborne to work through, don't focus on getting all quests completed, you'll probably burn yourself out before you get to Iceborne content. You might want to look up what the key quests and quests with rewards are (mantles and recipes are unlocked through quests).

Be mindful of the armour you pick, you are gonna need to switch them when climbing ranks, so putting a lot of effort into getting what you want early on is not worth it. Probably best to go for high defense to keep you alive.

Difficulty goes low rank, high rank and then master rank (Iceborne). As soon as you go to next rank, you want to look into getting new armour.

Gaijin Hunter and Arrekz are good YouTube resources, Kiranico is a good website resource.

If you have any questions, just ask. Plenty of people here have played World.

World and Iceborne are both really good, sometimes I really want to go back to them but I don't have ps+ anymore, and they still haven't announced cross save / cross play.
  • Grats on your GU progress Nina.  Don't think I killed Fatalis and that 5 monster arena sounds epic lol

Questor, I'd agree with Nina in that you need to find a weapon that excites you.  I was discussing this with Curtis the other night, but I only play about 3/4 weapons seriously with each version of MH so finding something that floats your boat is crucial and very much personal preference.

Took me about 30 hours to get used to the series when I first played it in earnest back in the MHFU days.  However, World is much more accessible.

I'm not counting the PS2 original with the right stick fighting shenanigans lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    We almost did the 5 monster quest today. Had Mitzu and Astalos down in 15 minutes, then Gammoth and Glav didn't go as smooth as usual, but we ended with 7 minutes left for Diablos. Toppled him twice and the health isn't too high in a multi monster quest. Really wanna know how close we were. Best run yet, pretty exhausting those 50 minutes quests.

Looking forward to Rise, weapon videos are being listen on monster hunter Twitter, and I think there's a demo scheduled for January.
  • So close - sounds a great battle.

Agreed, the Rise weapon videos are fabulous.  I can't wait for it to drop.

Horn video today. Drool.

(545) Monster Hunter Rise | New Hunting Horn Weapon Gameplay & Moves Showcase - YouTube
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    We got Diablos as far as being able to capture. He was on the ground, I messed up my inputs and scrolled over the trap, Diablos got up, we both run away from him and time's up.

Probably a minute more and it was done. Just the animations take a while so probably would have failed anyway even if I got the trap out.
  • Sounds like an epic battle - you still rocking the monday GU sessions?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, 12 more left till Rise I think. It feels good to inch closer to completing G4, but I'm not sure we can do it before Rise arrives. This horrible 5 will hopefully be done soon, then hyper Silver Rath which will probably unlocked hyper Silver and hyper Gold combo.

My roommate keeps saying he's gonna help us but he still needs to do a few key quests to get to HR13 to be able to join. He's also only saying this when he sees me playing, and completely forgets about it after (although we did finally do a co op session last week, that was fun).
  • Will Rise replace GU for you on a monday?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!