Monster Hunter
  • Is the Rise level design anything like as good as MHW's or is it back to flat old boring arenas for low-grunt consoles again?
  • I haven't even touched Iceborne because Destiny 2. Sad.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Is the Rise level design anything like as good as MHW's or is it back to flat old boring arenas for low-grunt consoles again?

Wirebug traversal means areas are surprisingly vertical so flat...no.

Areas are deffo less dense though and environmental texture work varies in attractiveness despite there being some lovely models and animation.

It’s also an open world design again, ala World, with no zones. It’s impressive.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Is the Rise level design anything like as good as MHW's or is it back to flat old boring arenas for low-grunt consoles again?

Clue is in the title, B.
  • Nina wrote:
    It's done. 5 hyper monsters are dead. 21 seconds left. Last monster turned out to be a silver big crown too. Hyper Silver Rath next, which will probably unlock the Silver and Gold hyper quest. Just horrible stuff and around. 2 more quests to have completed all g-rank.

Grats Nina!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Clue is in the title, B.

Lol
  • Think I might have finished the main storyline in MHWorld today
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Thank god my kids love watching this, it's become our morning breakfast ritual. I play an hour of MoHun whilst they have their breakfast before I start work. Loving it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The real MoHan begins here.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Enjoy Nerg Wookie :)

...and don't be a wimp and sos it :P
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I can't remember how I can get a specific monster to appear.  I want some Tobi-kodachi stuff and I don't have any quests or investigations for it specifically, not solo monster ones at least.  Can I just run around the forest and hope it spawns in?

If not I'll just do the duo investigation that I have.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • There’s a 3 star Tobi-kodachi quest.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Or is that the duo one?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Subbax wrote:
    I can't remember how I can get a specific monster to appear.  I want some Tobi-kodachi stuff and I don't have any quests or investigations for it specifically, not solo monster ones at least.  Can I just run around the forest and hope it spawns in? If not I'll just do the duo investigation that I have.

I ran an expedition in the ancient forest area today and whilst hunting a Rathian a bastard of a Tobi-Kodachi snuck up behind me and wiped out half of my health bar before the Rathian ripped the fucker to pieces.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:

That's odd.  Do the ranked quests not all appear at the same time then?  I've done a lot of the other 3 star quests there.

I would assume the best thing to do is to capture one of each so I can farm whatever I need in the Arena mission over and over.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Oh, I do have it. I just wasn't looking properly.

Am I cheating myself by using the Guardian gear and Defender HBG?  I'm not just standing there and tanking hits, I am trying to dodge and learn patterns.  I'm crafting the Pulsar HBG, no idea on what gear I would normally use though.
  • Use whatever's fun to you.  You can't cheese (easily) the end game stuff in Icebourne so anything that gets you to that point is fair game.

Riddling the earlier monsters with Defender weapons would be most therapeutic in my book.
  • I started using the defender and guardian gear but don't want to get hooked on it. I don't like the look of it, so I may just use it to farm the materials for 'proper' gear.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just gotten to where I was previously before I forgot all about it. Stupid Diablos.  Well who's overpowered now, asshole!
  • Subbax wrote:
    I've just gotten to where I was previously before I forgot all about it. Stupid Diablos.  Well who's overpowered now, asshole!

I just did this mission this morning. Nice for it not to be so frustrating.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    eah, it went a lot smoother went using the massive gun over the bagpipes!

I'm not really sure what to do now.  How do I get HR monster quests?  I have 1 Optional quest at the first HR level for a Special Arena Pukei Pukei but that's it, no other HR monsters available anywhere.  I want to start gettting some normal gear.
  • It has been a while, but I think you go on expeditions and can pick up special tracks whilst exploring.  You may encounter other HR variants of monster along the way and can gather the HR mining points etc.  Doing this unlocks additional quests, in particular collect the "special tracks".

I sincerely apologise if this is incorrect but I vaguely remember getting stuck on this myself.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    You're right, thanks! I needed to go on expeditions and spot them in the wild in order to get the repeatable Optional quest. Capturing them then allows the arena unlock.

Finally on my way to getting some gear but I'm behind on the upgrades for them so time to farm Kulu and Tobi.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Forgot I had a room available so when I finally went in, I upgraded to the fancy one with a pool.

Was hunting an Anjanath and he bailed on me into an area that had a Rathian, I think. I was hiding in a bush, biding my time and a fucking Bazelguese sneaks up on me! Damn near shit my pants.
  • How do you get surprise attacked by a Bazel? Dude usually unsubtle AF.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I was too focused on avoiding the other two gigantic monsters scrapping in front of me.  I'd never seen a Bazel before so was 100% unprepared.

Started using an Assault III and as soon as I get a few more Tobi parts I can boost through II into Pulsar III.  Got a few Kulu pieces and want to get the Tobi arms for that evade bonus as I'm rolling backwards a lot to keep in pierce range.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I was too focused on avoiding the other two gigantic monsters scrapping in front of me.  I'd never seen a Bazel before so was 100% unprepared. Started using an Assault III and as soon as I get a few more Tobi parts I can boost through II into Pulsar III.  Got a few Kulu pieces and want to get the Tobi arms for that evade bonus as I'm rolling backwards a lot to keep in pierce range.

Is Assault III a HBG?  If so, I remember the Tobi line being awesome against Kulve.  I ran with that HBG so much v KT.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've just switched over to the Tobi line funnily enough.  Upgraded it to the second level, Kadachi Lion and as soon as the top upgrade item reveals itself, will be able to unlock II shortly after as I've already got the rest of the bits.

Got Kulu and Tobu gear now so not using any of the OP stuff anymore.  Going to farm Odogaron for his crit gear and then get stuck into the new area that I've not been into before.
  • Subbax, sounds like we are around the same level on this. Have just dropped you a friend request on PSN.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!