Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    drumbeg wrote:
    Subbax, sounds like we are around the same level on this. Have just dropped you a friend request on PSN.
    Yeah, I am on PC unfortunately.

I did have it on PS4 originally but it's PC now.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Ah, no worries.

Well, only just got into this recently and glad I persevered through the learning curve as it really is class. Only issue is that it seems calling in help via an SOS is way too OP for the early game. Have avoided the defender gear so far.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I fought Kirin last night and I almost gave up, took so long.  I think that's definitely a fight that would go better with a melee weapon.

I've got the sniper special now and I think I prefer the crazy gatling gun.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's the one thing about MWH, the length of the fights some time. Played a little myself last night - was on a hunt for Fulgur Anjanath. My controller kept de-syncing and I eventually carted three times because of it. Turned it off then as I was pissed off.
  • I'm not vegan/vegetarian but endlessly hacking at these poor beasts just makes me feel bad. Anyone else feel that way?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Not really.  I changed over to hammer and it's a whole new ballgame.  So much fun!  Especially after I bothered to look up the moves properly.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'll do some hunts with you tonight if you're about!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll check with the missus so I may be able to swing it. Lmao.  Let me get back to you asap.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Annoyingly not tonight. Maybe tomorrow evening?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Rise next month!

I cannot wait. We all love World and what it did for the franchise, but for MonHun to be back on a handheld, will equate to waaaayyyyyy more hours played, grinding, hunting, helping. The convenience factor cannot be overlooked or understated! 

Its one of the only games where you can do solo laps of the map gathering resources while you're watching TV, then 5 mins later, you're balls deep in a hunt with 3 friends online.

Its wondrous! It truly is. Now if i could only get out of my Charge Blade comfort zone! lol!
  • ZMM wrote:
    I'm not vegan/vegetarian but endlessly hacking at these poor beasts just makes me feel bad. Anyone else feel that way?

I've started to feel this way. The poor buggers are only trying to get on with their lives and there we are, cutting them up for complementary medicine.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Rise is confirmed for PC now, early 2022.
  • Double dipping!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Rise pre order is under 40 notes on shopto. I really wanted digital on this but that's probably too tempting.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I pre-ordered with ShopTo and had an email saying they'd dropped the price! Winner!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Rise pre order is under 40 notes on shopto. I really wanted digital on this but that's probably too tempting.
    Ditto, just grabbed that too.
  • Magnamalo in the updated Rise demo is a piece of work. Roar, charge, one shot. Angry paw swipe, one shot.

15 mins to complete just to increase the pressure.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Magnamalo in the updated Rise demo is a piece of work. Roar, charge, one shot. Angry paw swipe, one shot.

15 mins to complete just to increase the pressure.

I'm not touching that demo update. Not long to wait now until the full game
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Downloaded this yesterday, it looks great but jeez it throws alot of info at you. Any tips on how to get cracking without being overwhelmed by all the deeper rpg elements? I want the gameplay to hook me first so all that stuff starts to be meaningful rather than daunting. I'm new to MH by the way, never played one before.

Edit - sorry, should have said I'm talking about Monster Hunter World on PS4/xbone.
  • Try a few weapon tutorials and then try them out on the Great Jaggi hunt. There's no cost in swapping between weapons, so you might as well try out all the weapons and get a feel for them. 

When you're settled on a weapon, do a bunch of hunts, upgrade your weapon. Jobsagudun.
  • Oh man I can't for the moment when it all truly clicks for you. It's so magical
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Downloaded this yesterday, it looks great but jeez it throws alot of info at you. Any tips on how to get cracking without being overwhelmed by all the deeper rpg elements? I want the gameplay to hook me first so all that stuff starts to be meaningful rather than daunting. I'm new to MH by the way, never played one before. Edit - sorry, should have said I'm talking about Monster Hunter World on PS4/xbone.

I went through this recently as a first timer getting into Monster Hunter World. There was definitely a wall I had to break through. I just did a lot of searching/reading online and asked some questions on forums. It is an amazing game and worth the effort. Some stuff off the top of my head...

* Visit the canteen before quests. This will give you a stat boost.
    * Make sure to check the item chest at camp for free items (usually potions). These only last for the quest duration but save you using up your own supply.
    * Be wary of calling in randoms to help. I found that because the game is pretty mature now, most of the help I've called in has been way too OP for the early game and just steam-rolled the monster leaving me feeling a bit pointless....however...
    * DO join SoS requests from others. I've found I learned more this way.
    * Disregard most of the crafting early on. Just focus on health and stamina potions, then capture items (there is a quest that will introduce this to you).
    * DON'T buy the "Defender" weapons/armour that are offered to you from the Smithy. They are OP and in my opinion diminish the challenge at the start of the game (think they appeared with the Iceborn expansion as a way to fast-track you through the game)..
    * Don't start with a weapon that's too complex. I started with the longsword and that kept me happy for a good few hours and took me a while to learn how to use well.

Main thing is keep asking questions.
  • That's great cheers fellas, appreciate the advice. Thats a helpfull list to start with thanks Drum.

I've read playing with friends can be a bit confusing when your setting a story mission up. What's the quickest simplest way to all join up and do some worth while quests? Do I do the assigned stuff alone and do the side and events stuff with friends or can we hop into the story mode together from the gathering hub?
  • Cupatay wrote:
    That's great cheers fellas, appreciate the advice. Thats a helpfull list to start with thanks Drum. I've read playing with friends can be a bit confusing when your setting a story mission up. What's the quickest simplest way to all join up and do some worth while quests? Do I do the assigned stuff alone and do the side and events stuff with friends or can we hop into the story mode together from the gathering hub?

I've not tried partying up with friends yet, so not sure on that one. But you can do main story quests with friends/randoms with one caveat...

You have to have watched the pre-fight cut scene for that particular quest once. i.e. You have to have entered battle on your own with a monster before you can co-op that monster. As soon as the fight starts, others can join. Think I've got that right, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
  • That’s correct. Although I don’t think that’s necessary in Iceborne...maybe.
  • Monster Hunter just seems mean. They should call it Animal (minding its own business) Killer.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Monster Hunter just seems mean. They should call it Animal (minding its own business) Killer.

Um, excuse me SG, you should probably learn your Lore. In World (and in some prev entries) we're straight up hunting FOR SCIENCE. It's not called The Research Commision for nothing. 

Check yo'self, fool.
  • Blow up a Jaggi Boi? Science.
    Slicing that Anja tail clean off? Double Science.
    Smashing a Diablos' horns into dust? So much Science!
  • Practicing multiple concussions on dinosaurs for science

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!