Monster Hunter
  • There's also a canteen actually in camp for food buffs. Took me a while to realise that lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I ended up being out of the house more than I planned this weekend so didn't get to play. but that's okay, I'll get it when it comes out anyway so will be keen to play then
  • Played a stupid amount of hours today - thanks to Mrs mrsmr2 for that!

I'm enjoying it a lot more now.  Main thing is to avoid the slime/mud monsters - Barroth and that fish thing as they look truly crap.  The Great Jagras is a bit stop motion as well.  Anjanath, Diablos, Rathalos, and Nergigante are much better animated and are perfectly fine.

Had a good go with online people fighting Nergi tonight.  Got closer and closer to the kill but we failed after it was in limping mode.
    Decided to do it solo and best I got to was it limping and back in the rest area.  Was using lance and slowly got back into the swing of things as I haven't used one since Tri.  Need to practice the counters more and learn how to use Power Guard.

Scary to see people online doing him in just over 5 mins with a lance!

Officially very impressed with the game now - they just need to fix Barroth and fish face.

Curtis, thanks for the tip, managed to get my attack to +4.
  • I ended up being out of the house more than I planned this weekend so didn't get to play. but that's okay, I'll get it when it comes out anyway so will be keen to play then

Yeah, after the 1st Beta I haven’t touched this. I’ll just jump in at launch proper. See you there, dude.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's been savage. Once i did Nergigante i relaxed for launch but just jumped on for a quick go on bangs (dull but slick) and hunting horn. I like the mechanic but tough not to feel like a worse hammer once everyone is encore buffed.
  • I lanced Nergigante first time round, staple and safe for me. Then actually tried a bow which I've not played to any great extent since FU and I actually enjoyed it. Feels very different to previous versions. There's a fair amount of risk/reward in the move set coupled with decent mobility including an emergency dodge an fire whilst retreating move. Not mastered that yet.

Pleasing experience overall.
  • Some speedrun times.

Can't say I approve of using the rocksteady mantle to tank the hits in some of these but pretty impressive otherwise.
    SnS looks very repetitive.
  • Prance isn't in MHW. Pre-order cancelled.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am buying this. Are we all ps4
  • Not now, no prance!

I'm mrsm2_psn if anyone wants to be friends with a gumpy old MH player.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ps4 here as well. Colleague of B ordered it for that Amazon Prime discount, but didn't change the address. So I either need to wait till Friday evening, or pick it up in the afternoon. Probably last option, so I can spend the afternoon with the character creator.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You two are the prime players so I will engage with you
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    2 days to go! 

This'll be my first foray into multiplayer MonHun after clocking 100s of hours on the 3DS on my lonesome. Getting PS4 too.
  • I’m in 2 minds. No cash so will have to spend on limited amount of free credit on credit card. And also have tonnes of other games to play. 

But I really wanna try and get into this.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ll be there, PS4 too Reg.
  • I see some people are already streaming the full game on Twitch.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I am buying this. Are we all ps4

I'm on Xbox, but if I end up Billy No Mates, I'll probably cave and get a PS4.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • We'll see how stuff goes but I may have to try and figure out getting it on PS4, which I am sure will please Ev greatly.
  • I'll be on PS4 too being carried by whomever can be bothered telling me how everything works...
  • You just go north don’t you?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I see some people are already streaming the full game on Twitch.
    Some shops broke street date, people have been playing the full game since Monday I think. Avoiding it all, will go in without knowing too much on Friday.

@Swirl, get a ps4 and talk to Matt again, I was close to getting him to order a pro and the game. Think he might need a bit more peer pressure!

• I've had my pre-order code e-mailed to me.  But it's a poor substitute for playing the ACTUAL GAME.
  • PS4 here. Not been so hyped since waiting for Tri. I anticipate a very early start on Friday, interrupted by a bit of work and then followed by a well engineered early Friday finish to said work.

Hyyyyyype!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not sure when I'll get it on Friday, as it will be send to B his work. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick it up as soon as it arrives (or maybe I should just join him to work and fill my time waiting with Generations). Hopefully I've done the character and palico creator thing by the time it's evening in the UK, would be nice to get a couple hunts in.

Been catching up with Arekkz's weapon tutorials (based on GDC demo), and I just can't decide, they all look fun. Current favourites: Insect Glaive, Sword and Shield, Gunlance, Switchaxe. That's about the only video's I watched so for (also charge blade but that's just too confusing for me)

I noticed your ingame name the other day @ayns, took me back to the Tri days, pretty sure you've been on hunts with my brother and me.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'll be sticking with the usual Long Sword and Charge Blade for solo play. And when i'm in a team, i'll be accidentally shooting you with my Heavy Bowgun Spread Ammo. ;)
  • Nina wrote:
    I noticed your ingame name the other day @ayns, took me back to the Tri days, pretty sure you've been on hunts with my brother and me.

Oh yes!  Interesting times as we were moving from handheld MH to a console version - how times change lol.  I loved Tri tbh although I did get stuck on the Altaeron fight online.

Lance and bow for me.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tri was my first Monster Hunter, I did have a psp at some point but just never played it really.

Maybe I should just mix my sets, hammers for raw damage, glaive for mounting / all round weapon, and then separate the elements over different weapons, like a fire long sword, poison dual blades, dragon sword and shield etc. That could be fun. Start with the Glaive, and than branch out once better options of other weapons will be available.

I usually go for Attack up armour anyway, or if that's not available, something to help keep weapons sharp, so that should be useful in most scenarios (probably not optimal, but I need to see first how easy it is to go back into the upgrade list and try different things out)
  • I have to admit I'm excited for this as well.  4U never really rocked my boat, and I wasn't interested in Generations at all.  Last version I was excited for was P3rd - probably my favourite.

Going to try Lance to start with.
  • My excitement has wained for the mo. Finished Xeno 2 the other day & tbh im a tad burnt out & not overly looking forward to another grinder. Also hope this MH grabs me, as the last 2 failed due to various reasons.

I have DBZ Fighters coming the same day & when I finally get home on Fri, going Super Saiyan is appealing to me a tad more atm.

On nights tho next week, so a mega session is planned for Sunday night as I try & bring my body clock around.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!