Street Fighter V
  • Should go Live for download at 20:00 tonight.

It's a 21GB download according to Capcom's community manager.
  • Not sure if it's been posted but sakura will be free to play for a few days when AE hits
    SFV - reddave360
  • 13.6gb on pc and available for download now.

Can only play offline at the moment , not sure if that's an issue my end or deliberate. Nice to have the arcade mode back
    SFV - reddave360
  • So if i got arcade edition i wouldnt get all the characters to play as?
  • If you buy Arcade Edition as a stand alone (available on the 19th) you get all of the Season 1 and Season 2 characters.

If you get the free update (available today) you just get the patched content but no extra characters than those you've already purchased.

Sakura will be free for a few days.

Season 3 Character Pass will likely release same day as AE stand alone.
  • Not a point at the moment but arcade edition would be worthless as a second hand game as the season 1 and 2 passes are codes and would likely be used
    SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Infiltration currently doing a once over - https://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The fuck did Infi get all that hair from? O.O
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Oh. And the results of that popularity poll that NO-ONE cared about.

16_popularity01.jpg

Well... Except me.

Weird to see Juri so high. And Makoto...
    Higher than Ken, Ryu, Chun and Dhalsim, really?
  • Amazingly, the 4 original fighters from season 3 all featured.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Makoto was my SF4 main - got up to top 50 on ranked with her - am still yet to really play much SF5 - just couldn't get on with it. I should probably give it another go.
  • So Quick Thoughts:

New Front End
    It looks nicer on screen than the pictures made it look. The main menu is still poorly laid out though and Still doesn't seem to have any integration with the online community / Fight circuit which still seems silly.

New V-triggers
    I like Necalis new moves from his v-trigger. The rest of the stuff, it's hard to not see one v-trigger being left behind as there is a clear difference in the quality for some characters. I feel there needs to be 3 options to make the selecting work (would be nice if you could choose between rounds as well)

Arcade Mode
    Nice to have this back. For those against it, I always like using Arcade modes to play the characters I normally wouldnt go near and survival just didnt suit that. I played through the SFV version with Ed. Some odd things though. The backdrops on the character select are very plain - just the version logo. Yet we have a really nice animated backdrop at all other times so I hope thats a place holder cause it looks really terrible. The Barrel Bonus round is a bit of fun too. You will also see stages that you may not own which is nice but the selection seemed odd - Cammy at Union Station, Abigal at Metro City and Rashid on the plane all makes sense. But Chun Li in Brazil when we have the back alley stage? Guile not on the airbase? I did like the last three fights being on the shadoloo stages but they should use some of the ones from story mode here as well to vary things up. 

Extra Battle
    Shin Akuma! This could be an interesting mode. You pay Fight money (1000 this month) for a go and there is a reward of high experience if you win and if you win 4 in a month you also get an exclusive costume. The first trial is Shin Akuma (always in Devil mode, high damage) which makes me think we might see Shin Akuma and Ghost Bison as Bosses if you complete Arcade under certain conditions. Its a one round fight and I had 3 goes with no luck - He has instant raging demon attack and it clears a good two thirds of your health.

Training
    The other big change was here with the red/blue guide for recovery frame. It's a nice way to test out if a combo will work or not. 

Challenges
    The weekly challenge was still there, I had thought it was getting dropped. So an easy 6000 in fm is there. Survival is also being bumped to here. There is also a new set of trials but this time there is only 4 per character. I did Necallis and they all centre on his new v-trigger moves. Took very little time, probably the easiest trials yet.

Sakura
    Available from 16th to the 23rd. She plays really nicely, fast with nice combos.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You pay money to play Extra Battle.... real money? That is fucked.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You pay money to play Extra Battle.... real money? That is fucked.

No, Fight Money - it's 1000 a pop.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ah ok.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The anti-air game has got a huuuuge boost in this.

No one's jumpin' no mo'...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tell me when they've fixed its netcode and reanimated it.
  • and changed the horrible character models.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    and changed the horrible character models.

Some aren't great but I quite like the look of most of them. The latest backdrops have been an improvement too.

For those playing and still enjoying this, would love to do a battle lounge again.

SFV - reddave360
  • I haven't played in probably a year bit I could be up for dipping in over the weekend mate.
  • God bless sir. I tend to be the late late night but I might be able to wrangle an early saturday session if it suits.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Late suits me fam, man doing nowt but blazing and IIDX all weekend. I'll get my Shit updated and drop a message here sat/sun when I'm about.
  • Nice one. Anyone else interested in a lobby? Anyone?...
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'll lobby up.

Saturday after 20:30 suits me fine.

My stick has no mic port so won't have comms.
  • I'm pc no mic joy anyway.

I'll probably be later than the 8.30pm mark though, but I will do my best. Even a small half hour lobby would be fun.
    SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Is this update free?
  • Is this update free?

To arcade edition, yes.
    Can-of-sprite
  • The update from SFV is free.

The update does not give the S1 or S2 characters if you don't already have them.
  • There is a deal on the season 1 and 2 fighters at the moment but I haven't a clue what the discount is.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Season 1 is currently £7.99
    Season 2 is £11.99

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!